Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Sold Vec with buckled wheels

Got a 05 Vec from a dealer in NI in June and it had the 18" upgrade wheels for that year and had to get tyres today, when getting them fitted they kindly informed me that all 4 wheels are buckled.

I have not kerbed or hit any pot holes since buying the car so they must of been like it when i got it.

I have Net Q warranty but i know that its not going to cover them.

Anyone know where i stand on this one cause i've to go to the dealer in the morning for them to look at them and i dont want them trying to pull the wool.

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Have you had any wobble in the steering etc.?? Just that it may not be the wheels that are buckled but their tyres that are dodgy. Did they fit the tyres??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah there has been a wobble since i got it but it was not that bad so i didn't worry i only worried cause the car had to go in today for a diagnostics check for a misfire(and of course they found nothing) and the fitter that drove it said the wheels needed balanced and 3 were illegal, so i went off somewhere cheaper to get the tyres changed and returned when the wobble was still there to be told that they still needed balance, so went back to get them redone and was then told the news

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

forgot to say the tyre fitter showed me the wheels you can see the dents on the inside of them

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Ok mate was just checking to see they weren't spinning you a story. I would be going back to where you bought it from to see where you stand with them

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No your NetworkQ warranty wont cover buckled wheels (if your read through your warranty it does tell you what is and is not covered). It would be an issue you would need to take up with the dealer that sold you the car. However if you had a wheel wobble you should have taken it back to them at the time rather than try to do anything 2 + months down the line.

It is worth noting though that as part of the Network Q inspection prior to a Network Q warranty being issued, all tyres should be at a minimum off 3mm tread depth (double the legal limit), unless you do a lot of miles I would be surprised if your car would have worn 3 tyres down to the legal limit in that time.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2012

Mileage : 9k

you might find it hard to get them replaced as the dealer will probably say they were ok when you got the car and that you have bumped them yourself

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I do do alot of milage 4000 since i got it i didn't know that about the tyres and im sure that they wouldn't of worn that quick

I got this from the auto trade site

The part where it says they must prove that there isnt a defect when sold is interesting

If you buy a vehicle from a dealer, you’re covered by the Sale of Goods Act 1979. This means it must be:
    • Of satisfactory quality, bearing in mind its age, what it cost and how it was described to you. It should be free from serious defects, other than those you were made aware of
    • As described. If the dealer says it's a 2-litre, and it's actually a 1.6-litre, you can reject the car and seek a refund or replacement
    • Fit for any reasonable purpose. The car should do all that you reasonably expect of it, including any specifics you state to the dealer. If you need a car for towing and the dealer says a 1-litre supermini will be fine, you can reject the car if it struggles

However, if you pay for the car to be inspected, the dealer is not responsible for any faults the inspection should have found and you should always get a statement on the car's condition from the dealer.
    If your car is faulty, you have six months from the date of purchase in which you can reject it. You can demand repair or a replacement, unless it would cause 'disproportionate' or 'significant inconvenience' to the seller.
    Examples of this would be if a repair would be as effective as a replacement, or if a price reduction would be more appropriate for minor defects.
    Dealers must now prove the vehicle was of satisfactory quality when it was sold. This means you no longer need to seek an independent car inspection.
    However, if you believe your car is faulty, you must stop using the car immediately, and contact the dealer directly. You need to follow this up in writing, providing evidence of the problems.
    If you've bought the vehicle from a franchised car dealer, you can speak to the manufacturer direct. They don't want to get a bad name because a dealer hasn't provided the expected level of service.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just seen this on the Net Q website

Network Q Multi-Point Check

Every vehicle on our forecourts is subjected to a rigorous Multi-Point Check by highly trained Vauxhall technicians, before it is allowed to carry the Network Q badge.
    Testing everything from engine performance to paintwork, this service is synonymous with used car quality and integrity, allowing our customers to drive off with all the confidence and reassurance you'd get from buying new.
    The Network Q Multi-Point Check covers:
    • Every major mechanical component
    • All vital safety and security checks
    • A thorough test drive
    • Inspection of interior and exterior features
    • Final preparation of your vehicle

The car had over 60K on it so i had to pay for the net Q so this so called multi point check would not of been done till i agreed to it

Should i not have a copy of it?

Thread Information