Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Is this a Good set up and deal?

Heya guys and girls,

im thinking of buying an entirely new handling set up over the coming months then fitting it all at once in the new year. for £1145 quid i get:

EBC Ultimax Disks front and Rear
    EBC Green stuff Pads to go with them
    Goodritch Braided hoses
    B4 Bilstien shocks 4 of them
    Eibach Springs (the 30mm drop ones)
    Front Strut brace
    4 Brand new 235/45/18 Toyo Proxes T1-R

Plus a Garage will fit it all for me for 100 quid and a case of beer lol (local garage and i trust them as there not cowboys)

first question is this a good set up and second does the price sem okay? obviously this is going to be bought over a few month lol and im sure if i call the places i can get a discount.

Ta Guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds good to me - what size are the disks are they the same as the std ones?
    I would think about bigger disks if they are.

the shocks - how many miles has the std ones done - if not a lot - they will be fine for the small drop you're plannig to do. I have read that you only need to change them if you are dropping around 60mm.

remember that you only have a 2.0 diesel, without being rude. do you need all this?

I would remap if it was me, you need more power.

what wheels have you got - what about changing them?

strut brace - you read my mind - lol

tyres - very good choice imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lol ive just got new wheels there the BK999 VXR replicas. but now the car looks really high as its standard suspention so a little drop would make it look alot better. and the brakes are absolute garbage as standard and the rears will need changing soon so i figured no point replacing somthing rubbish with the same article lol.

and as for tuning the engine itll end up being about £400-500 quid for 20bhp AND THEN that 20 bhp extra can blow the fuel pump up lol so i figured handling would be a safer option.....(and yeh i know its only a 2.0 DTi but i didnt reilise they were rubbish untill after i drove a 1.9 150 lol)

seems you say that about the shocks then mabye i could just get the springs untill the shocks wear out then change them then? and the strutbrace just looks cool but i could live with out it if there more for higher powerd cars lol.

and tyres well there midlle of the road and i havent heard many bad reviews about them for the price range they fall in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by redraptor_141 View Post
    lol ive just got new wheels there the BK999 VXR replicas. but now the car looks really high as its standard suspention so a little drop would make it look alot better. and the brakes are absolute garbage as standard and the rears will need changing soon so i figured no point replacing somthing rubbish with the same article lol.

and as for tuning the engine itll end up being about £400-500 quid for 20bhp AND THEN that 20 bhp extra can blow the fuel pump up lol so i figured handling would be a safer option.....(and yeh i know its only a 2.0 DTi but i didnt reilise they were rubbish untill after i drove a 1.9 150 lol)

seems you say that about the shocks then mabye i could just get the springs untill the shocks wear out then change them then? and the strutbrace just looks cool but i could live with out it if there more for higher powerd cars lol.

and tyres well there midlle of the road and i havent heard many bad reviews about them for the price range they fall in
    same wheels as mine and I'm going to drop 35mm as well - so I know what you mean.

the tyres aren't middle of the road - they are really good tyres and I got loads of life out of the on my 2.2dti (the car I had before the one I got).

I would get just springs....imo.. save your cash.

what about a rear spoiler.....thats what I'm getting.

I want:

strut brace
    -35mm springs
    rear spoiler.

Thread Information