Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry Rant about drivers in Hull!

Right, just a bit of a rant about the poor quality of some hull drivers. Today I was almost involved in TWO accidents which would have been no fault of my own. Those local to me will know the areas that ill be refering to.

1. Driving to work this morning heading west down Anlaby Road in Hull, reached the round about where you can go down Boothferry Rd or Anlaby High Road, and i was turning right to head down Anlaby High Road. A couple of cars were in front of me but about 3 car lengths in front. They got round the roundabout, and i approached and could see the que of cars waiting to pull out from boothferry rd. Im now on the round about and half way round when i spot a silver Megane mk1 slowly moving forward, and i spotted that the driver wasnt even watching what she was doing and pulled out in front of me. good thing i covered the brake pedal just incase! She did get some obscene things shouted at her and various hand signals from me.

2. Heading home from work so now going east on Anlaby Road. Heading towards the Walton Street junction no cars in front of me, no cars behind me (this was lucky as you will see) and i spot a few cars turning right onto walton street from the other direction. as im approacing doing 30mph whith my lights on green, this f*****g idiot in a pre-facelift silver lightning vectra estate (dont think it was a member from here, if it was i expect an apology) decides that he cant see my car which is heading towards him at 30 and pulls out right in front of me, spots me and stops half on my side of the road. So i had to slam the anchors on to avoid a huge crash (thank god ive upgraded the front brakes, but if anyone was behind me im 90% sure they would have hit me). I was so in shock at this idiots driving that i didnt have the presence of mind to pass on my thoughts about this mans driving to him unfortunatly.

Its the second one im more annoyed about because it would have been almost head on. The first i kinda knew she was gonna pull out but still dont excuse it.

Thanks for reading my little rant, ill sleep easy now. Although im considering fitting some sort of in car video recorder like those in america.

Thanks again for reading.
    Matt

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ahh the pleasures of driving in our fair (but admittidly crap) city. This is what its like everytime you get in a car lol. At least its good to know you didnt mash the vectra i miss seeing it in the mornings though lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would comment too from when I was driving up there.. but that was in the big annoying trucks the army use as I was doing my C and C+E training.. and I bet they pee u off more than anything hehe

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if you gat the saftey cam kits and install them - inform your insurer - it will lower your premium - then hope to god you dont have a "your Fault" accident

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    if you gat the saftey cam kits and install them - inform your insurer - it will lower your premium - then hope to god you dont have a "your Fault" accident
    oh - I'm sorry it wasn't on at the time - he says.........!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hull drivers are pretty crap - I hate driving around Hull. You can do a running commentary about what people are going to do before they've even thought about doing it! Thankfully I aren't in the crap driver category..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I love the way people in Hull have heard about 'safe driving' and 'lane discipline' but have decided not to get involved. Really don't miss driving there. My favourite is the roundabout at the end of Chamberlain Road leading to Sutton Fields Ind Est, that was a case of 'pick a lane, any lane' in rush hour. Ironic that it's only round the corner from the test centre.............lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
    I love the way people in Hull have heard about 'safe driving' and 'lane discipline' but have decided not to get involved. Really don't miss driving there. My favourite is the roundabout at the end of Chamberlain Road leading to Sutton Fields Ind Est, that was a case of 'pick a lane, any lane' in rush hour. Ironic that it's only round the corner from the test centre.............lol
    Depends which way you're going from - if you were joining it from Chamberlain road, it used to be that you could turn right in both lanes. If its from Stoneferry Road heading towards town, then its right hand land only for going straight on / right.

I think to tar all Hull drivers with same brush isn't exactly fair.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    I would comment too from when I was driving up there.. but that was in the big annoying trucks the army use as I was doing my C and C+E training.. and I bet they pee u off more than anything hehe
    and your all ways first in line at the cafes .matt,i think hedon roads bad.foreign drivers who stop in the left lane,then turn right at roundabouts

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I saw a silver Vec driving from Warrington towards Burtonwood drift across into the oncoming lane tonight around 4.30pm because he was reading / sending a text. Makes my blood boil. On a 15 minute section of road I travel daily to & from work I see at least 1 or 2 white van men on the phone every day. Todays was a flat bed landscapers type truck with 3 blokes in the cab while the driver used his phone. If I was a passenger I would be saying something. I cant stand this phone use crap, why dont they just pull over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information