Quote Originally Posted by Cameron43 View Post
Many years ago diesel was about 30% less and possibly even more than that at one time. Surely it must cost more more to refine petrol than diesel.....

I can remember when petrol was 4 shilling and 3 pence a gallon, thats 21 pence in todays money..diesel was about half a crown a gallon (2 shillings and 6 pence) thats twelve and a half pence...lol when I was in my teens and running a m/bike. quite simply because there were virtually no diesel cars.
If you want a bit of motoring retro, buy this months Total Vauxhall.

I don't normally bother but just picked this one up by chance. It's got bits on & photos of Firenza's, FC, D & E Victors & even HA Viva - isn't that what the Vectra was born from? The Viva (various Mks) through to mid 1970's, then becoming the original RWD Cavalier, then the various FWD Cav's, then Vectra.

Most look dated now although they were good then but one that stands out is a photo of the High Powered 16V 2300 Chevette Hatchback. I always liked the Chev Hatchback (didn't like the saloon though) and strangely, apart from maybe the very front end bit, it doesn't look out of place much against todays similar sized hatchbacks & still a good looking car.