Thread: Need some advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Need some advice

I bought my 54 plate 1.9 CDTi 150 auto about 7 weeks ago. 3 days later the EGR valve goes and needs replaced, then 3 weeks later one of the front springs snaps, and because i had already claimed on the warranty i had to take it back to the selling dealer - which is 60 miles away. Anyway i paid to get it replaced which cost me less than what i would have used in fuel.

Now, after the spanner light coming on for a few seconds each time i started the car yesterday, i was on the motorway about half 1 this morning when the whole dash lit up with the spanner light, power steering light, abs, traction control, airbags and alternator. So in the fast lane of the M8 i had no power as the car wouldn't change out of 1st gear and i had to fight to get it on the shoulder as the steering was horrendous. The recovery guy came out and told me the alternator is knackered but he could only tow me 10 miles from where i had broken down.

After managing to get the car home im now trying to think what to do next - the finance company have told me only the dealer can cancel the agreement and take the car back, but i'm sure they will just say oh we can't. Obviously i need to phone them but i don't know what to say, so i'm needing a bit of advice.

After having 2 major things go wrong with it in 7 weeks i'm convinced i've been sold a shed, and last night having the car completely lose power on a motorway, which thankfully was quiet, i'm absolutely raging.

Anyway help would be much appreciated

Tam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

sorry to hear of you troubles Tam............
    Am not up on all the legal jargon ...may be a call to the citizens advice bureau would help you .
    I would of the thought the garage would still have the oppotunity to fix your car tho ,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they still have the opportunity to fix it, but the recovery guy said i won't be able to drive it to the dealer, and i'm not sure how much it would cost to get it towed up there

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by T4M View Post
    they still have the opportunity to fix it, but the recovery guy said i won't be able to drive it to the dealer, and i'm not sure how much it would cost to get it towed up there
    Ask the garage to recovery it ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I may be wrong but i believe if a car is sold from a "proper" garage they come with a 3 month warenty. i'd call the garage explain what has happened, say the car is not fit for purpose and get them to tow it back at their expense, and fix it or replace with another car.
    This happened when we bought ours, not as bad as yours but the garage was as good as gold and even gave the wife a courtesy car while her's was being fixed.
    I also think that the finance company should have some input into this i think they are just doing a cop out. they own the car until the finance is paid off so they must have a legal obligation ?
    hopefully someone here will know the ins and out better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats harsh. Mine has had the spring and egr too withing 1000 miles. As for the alternator are they not some stupid amount of money like £500?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    I may be wrong but i believe if a car is sold from a "proper" garage they come with a 3 month warenty. i'd call the garage explain what has happened, say the car is not fit for purpose and get them to tow it back at their expense, and fix it or replace with another car.
    This happened when we bought ours, not as bad as yours but the garage was as good as gold and even gave the wife a courtesy car while her's was being fixed.
    I also think that the finance company should have some input into this i think they are just doing a cop out. they own the car until the finance is paid off so they must have a legal obligation ?
    hopefully someone here will know the ins and out better.
    Sorry to hear about probs with your car, need to pressure the dealer matey, and as Mort stated, that finance company should be doing more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks guys. i phoned the dealer, which isn't a main dealer, the guy said he couldn't do anything today so it will be tomorrow before i find anything out.

I think i'll phone the finance company tomorrow morning and see what they have to say

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Gav View Post
    Thats harsh. Mine has had the spring and egr too withing 1000 miles. As for the alternator are they not some stupid amount of money like £500?

Had my alternator changed last week, the good old stealers were wanting
    £700 large ones and £69 diagnostics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi tam m8 it sounds the same as what happened to me.......
    power steering light came on,abs tc and the car ran like a bag of ****,it was after i drove through a puddle on the western bypass in gateshead.

it was all down to a bad earth lead,it was where it connects to the engine( under and to the right of the turbo on the 1.9cdti) i found i had to clean the large connector and use a new large washer on refitting it.

ps i had to grind a spanner at the end so it fit over the nut to get it to fit... baz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information