As title states i've experianced both the good and bad points of Ebay from both as a buyer and seller.
Firstly big thanks to John Robertson for pointing this front Irmscher splitter spoiler out for me and i was very supprised when my first and only bid won...bargain, cheers John. Only problem is it's collection only so i'll need to sort that out.
I had my PS3 for sale and had a starting price and a "Buy it Now" price. I had 15 people watching with no bids but still 4 days to run so was supprised today when returned from lunch that i had an email someone had bought through "Buy it Now". Anyway i logged on a payment was being processed through an echeque and was advised from Paypal that payment would take approx 10 days to process, so i opened up communication with the buyer to advise that i would post once funds cleared to receive the following response "high sorry about this do not send item my lodger has been on my account as i left it running while i went to trhe shop he's used my paypal account to pay there is no money in that account as i dont use it anymore so please relist you item the police have just been round to arrest him for doing what he did once again im sorry"
So natrually i'm annoyed and responded in saying "I'm not sure what to beleive here, you have completely screwed up my listing and had over 15 people watching. I think this best thing you could do is close your account as people like you spoil it for others!
I my have been wrong to suggest he wasn't telling the truth but i didn't think i deserved this response "who the **** do you think you are telling me to close my account you **** i was being nice by telling you straight why dont you close your account or stop whinning"
Anyway not wanting to get into verbal war without knowing if ths guy may have been an innocent victim himself i stopped communication and cancelled the echeque. Now i have been charged for the selling fees for something i've not sold and will be liable to re-listing fees if i decide to resell through Ebay. I'm not a big user of Ebay so not fully aware the ins & outs of what best to do but did contact them. Anyone help me to advise the best way to address this issue and how best to proceed. I also thought i had to accept any "But it Now" offer, and knowing this guy only had 6 of a feedback i would have rejected anyway.
My problem now is i was intending to pay for the spoiler using the funds from selling the PS3....the joy's!!