0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good and bad of buying and selling on EBAY

As title states i've experianced both the good and bad points of Ebay from both as a buyer and seller.

Good Points:

Firstly big thanks to John Robertson for pointing this front Irmscher splitter spoiler out for me and i was very supprised when my first and only bid won...bargain, cheers John. Only problem is it's collection only so i'll need to sort that out.

Bad Points:

I had my PS3 for sale and had a starting price and a "Buy it Now" price. I had 15 people watching with no bids but still 4 days to run so was supprised today when returned from lunch that i had an email someone had bought through "Buy it Now". Anyway i logged on a payment was being processed through an echeque and was advised from Paypal that payment would take approx 10 days to process, so i opened up communication with the buyer to advise that i would post once funds cleared to receive the following response "high sorry about this do not send item my lodger has been on my account as i left it running while i went to trhe shop he's used my paypal account to pay there is no money in that account as i dont use it anymore so please relist you item the police have just been round to arrest him for doing what he did once again im sorry"

So natrually i'm annoyed and responded in saying "I'm not sure what to beleive here, you have completely screwed up my listing and had over 15 people watching. I think this best thing you could do is close your account as people like you spoil it for others!

I my have been wrong to suggest he wasn't telling the truth but i didn't think i deserved this response "who the **** do you think you are telling me to close my account you **** i was being nice by telling you straight why dont you close your account or stop whinning"

Anyway not wanting to get into verbal war without knowing if ths guy may have been an innocent victim himself i stopped communication and cancelled the echeque. Now i have been charged for the selling fees for something i've not sold and will be liable to re-listing fees if i decide to resell through Ebay. I'm not a big user of Ebay so not fully aware the ins & outs of what best to do but did contact them. Anyone help me to advise the best way to address this issue and how best to proceed. I also thought i had to accept any "But it Now" offer, and knowing this guy only had 6 of a feedback i would have rejected anyway.

My problem now is i was intending to pay for the spoiler using the funds from selling the PS3....the joy's!!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

report the ebay item as a non paying bidder. you will get ur fees back... Ive had to do this twice this week due to freaking time wasters!!

I hate ebay at the mo and will be sorting other means to sell my items shortly... I think ebay taking almost £20 for a £200 item takes biscuit tbh

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diet1985 View Post
    report the ebay item as a non paying bidder. you will get ur fees back... Ive had to do this twice this week due to freaking time wasters!!

I hate ebay at the mo and will be sorting other means to sell my items shortly... I think ebay taking almost £20 for a £200 item takes biscuit tbh
    How much think I may cancel my for-sale items ....................

Regular Member Bloicy 3.2 V6 GSI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Mate, i've just read your thread and i seem to be having a similar day!
    Should i expect Ebay to respond anytime soon or should i just report as non payment straight away?

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloicy 3.2 V6 GSI View Post
    Cheers Mate, i've just read your thread and i seem to be having a similar day!
    Should i expect Ebay to respond anytime soon or should i just report as non payment straight away?
    Do it now & I hope your communication with the buyer was via the 'my message' that way ebay have proof also start the paypal claim system hth ......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is ive been an ebay member for a loooong time now and i have only suffered a problem once. That was with the car i just bought, but at least the dealer took it back in the end. just waiting for my refund.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Do it now & I hope your communication with the buyer was via the 'my message' that way ebay have proof also start the paypal claim system hth ......
    Thanks Tadpole, i have had all communication through "My Messages" so hopefully that will help.

I just tried to open a case for non-payment but it says i cant open the case until the 20th??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all sounds a bit grim...
    Hope you get a good outcome to your situations...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloicy 3.2 V6 GSI View Post
    I just tried to open a case for non-payment but it says i cant open the case until the 20th??
    hi, thats correct m8 as the guy has 10 days to make payment, even though you know he aint gonna ay, just relist your item then they will give you your fees back once the dispute has started and finnished

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by big rich View Post
    hi, thats correct m8 as the guy has 10 days to make payment, even though you know he aint gonna ay, just relist your item then they will give you your fees back once the dispute has started and finnished

Cheers Rich, i just thought i was going to get hit twice for listing fees. The guy with the spoiler has been really good and is willing to hold onto the spoiler untill i have the Paypal funds, so things are starting to look up and i feel a bit better as the last thing i want is to be a bad buyer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information