Thread: pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default pressure

I am so not happy with the dealer i bought my vectra from. After telling him for the past 5 days (only bought it 7 days ago and its been used once) that i reject the piece of junk, he is still pressuring me to take the car back after finding numerous faults. His emails are sarcastic and he is constantly blaming me and/or lying regarding faults. He is full of and i fear this matter will have to go to the small claims court. I really do not need this crap, what i do need is a car that i feel is safe and fit for its purpose. my Cresta is now outside my home for sale so we can buy something modern. I am absolutely fuming and i hope the idiot has piles the size of conkers hanging off his **** hole in the immediate future.
    Last edited by ispitanfart; 12th August 2009 at 17:38. Reason: missed a bit out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Energy

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 150,000

I'm sure you have quoted fit for purpose, and also you are entitled to pull out of any contract within 14 days (commonly called the cooling off period).

Have you contacted trading standards, citizens advice, VOSA etc???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have stated the vehicle is not of a satisfactory quality, it is not fit for purpose, and acceptance has not taken place. I have contacted Consumer Diect (you are not "allowed" to contact trading standards directly, you must use CD) and they are helping me. Trading Standards my contact me if they feel the need arises. What can VOSA do for me? Are they able to help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to hear the trouble you're having. I'm not sure though that small claims court is the answer, isn't there a £500 limit on claims?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Robsey View Post
    , and also you are entitled to pull out of any contract within 14 days (commonly called the cooling off period).
    Unfortunately not strictly true, I signed a contract on a VX dealer's premises for a brand new car, paying £500 deposit via debit card.

3 hours later I tried to cancel the deal, the dealer refused to cancel, and I found I had no legal right to do so, at the very least I would lose my £500 deposit.

A lot depends what terms and condition are on the contract, and also whether it was signed at the dealers trading premises or not.

Sadly, not quite open and shut as you might think, the law also states you have to give the seller the opportunity to put things right within a reasonable time.
    The best protection is the distance selling act, but it assumes you have not had the opportunity to view the goods and are buying via phone or over the internet of course, which for most times will not apply to most car buyers.

IME, it can be a real uphill struggle once the cash has changed hands, we are supposed to have all these consumer rights, but often when it comes to the crunch, they seem totally inempt and useless, but I wish you luck matey, and hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.
    Last edited by 67688c; 12th August 2009 at 18:12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Energy

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 150,000

I assume your vehicle is worth a lot more than just £3000, which means that you will need to go through a higher court.

VOSA were mentioned, because I assume the car came with an MOT, and therefore the MOT must be dodgy...they will act to investigate and possibly close down the MOT station...what it will do for you is -
    a) a bit of revenge and
    b) get another piece of dodgy scum off the streets!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right, just had a message stating he will give me a refund. At last!!!! Trouble is now, he wants all the documents back before he issues the refund, and the V5 has been sent away so i could tax it. FFS am i ever going to get another ****** car? gggrrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Great news mate. Pleased to hear it has finally been sorted, hopefully the dealer will have learnt their lesson also as to the rights of the consumer and that Suffolk TS send their "black" car in for some work, or go and do a test purchase.

Magistrates take a dim view of fradulent traders. Fair enough if it's a honest car breakdown and it gets dealt with amicably, but your guy was outrageously dishonest!

As for 14 day colling off periods - come off it. Incorrect "legal" advice doesn't help anyone. Can you imagine the look on the store manager's face in Tesco's when you return your four pack of yoghurt because its out of date, but within 14 days of purchase? Even DSRs don't give 14 days and only apply when you haven't been able to view to item under purchase. Particularly applicable when they deliver your new car...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks dave, its a lot of stress i didnt need. I know its only been a few days but its been one thing after another recently and it was just another kick in the teeth. I just hope his company cheque isnt made of rubber, especially when he has all the documents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im thinking the m.o.t station is dodgy, they garage is dodgy, should still be named and shamed whether you get a refund or not, people like this shouldnt be allowed to get away with it, its a disgrace selling cars that people know arent up to scratch, you went there with your family and they knew you would be transporting your family in it and they didnt think twice to sell you that car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information