0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

Default trip to florida

hi all well just a week to go before we go to disney world florida after any tips /good places to see/eat will be staying in the confort inn . we have got myself/wife my 14 year old girl and her friend from school going got 14 day passess for disney and a car as well . thinking doing the parks and going to the beach as it will be mainly for them .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by happypostie View Post
    hi all well just a week to go before we go to disney world florida after any tips /good places to see/eat will be staying in the confort inn . we have got myself/wife my 14 year old girl and her friend from school going got 14 day passess for disney and a car as well . thinking doing the parks and going to the beach as it will be mainly for them .
    Damn!

have a great trip = looks like i'm gonna be your neck of the woods (slough next week some time)for the remap whilst your on hols!!

have a good break

catch up on your return

regards

Dez

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Make one visit a ‘start later one’ & hang on till close to see the parade & fireworks. If you are staying in Orlando I would make maximum use of the car while you are there. Cape Canaveral is a must imo & not far away for another days take a trip to Coco Beach visit ‘Ron Jon’s’. In the other direction Tampa & Treasure Island. We all had great fun as a family when my children were about the same age as yours a few years ago now, but many happy memories.
    This looks a handy site http://www.visitflorida.com/maps hth have fun ……

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

thanks terry will do , sorry i will miss you dez was looking forward to seeing your car getting done will have to read about the results when i get back as will be a lot of posts to get through to catch up with you all

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Go anti clockwise around the park, as most people go clockwise round it. Head for the ride you really want to go on first thing, like as soon as the gates open or leave it til the parades are on. Watch out for the tropical rain which usually happens about 3pm, will last about 5 minutes and then you'll never know it happened. Old Town was quite cool too, think they have a car show on sometimes. And take an empty suitcase with you, or buy one out there to bring home full of goodies you will buy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have a good one mate. Hope the kids have a stonking time.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

Trim : No, over weight!

Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

I take it your stopping on International Drive (I-Drive) ?
    It's quite busy on I-Drive as its the main tourist area. We tend to stop on US 192 in Kissimmee.

Eating out:
    Loads of places !
    You have the worlds biggest McDonalds on I-Drive and Sand Lake road junction (next to I4 motorway). There are 3 Ponderosa steakhouses along I-Drive, Sizzler (opposite the big McD's), plus many, many others !

Things to do on I-Drive:
    Sea World, Ripley's believe it or not, Wonderworks (the upside down house), Wet 'n' Wild water park, Festival Bay Mall, Orlando premium outlets, Pointe Orlando and Orlando Prime outlets. Theres also a fun fair with go karts and one of those things that catapults you up on 'elastic bands'..... just head to the screaming !
    If you like crazy golf, there's one called Congo river golf, where you can feed the Aligators and some weird Koi carp ! I think the other golf place along there is called Pirates Cove.

Driving:
    Florida law states NO alcahol in the car, must be stored in the boot. Not even the passengers are allowed to drink ! YOU will be arrested !
    Wipers on - lights on. Again, its the law !
    Driving is a doddle, but if you have the opportunaty, hire a satnav from the car rental company, it will help you.
    You can turn right at a red signal UNLESS stated otherwise (usually says "No turn on red" hanging above the junction.
    When driving through a junction, you'll see a street name sign hanging above it. This is the name of the road your crossing NOT the road your on.
    Beware of roadworks on main roads. If you speed through them there's usually a Cop waiting. If you do it when workmen are present, the fines usually get DOUBLED ! Be warned.

The Beach:
    The east coast (Atlantic side)the sea water is much cooler than the west side (Mexican Gulf).
    Go to Clearwater St.Petes Beach. Go on the seascreamer speedboat dolphin spotting, Pirate ship cruise or try some fishing off Pier 60 in Clearwater. Pier 60 comes alive in the evening with local craft stalls being set up along it.
    Sunset here are spectacular !
    If you decide to go east instead/aswell, theres Daytona Beach and Port Canaveral. Kennedy space centre is a full day out.
    Your in luck ! There's a shuttle launch planned on August 25th (STS-128 ; Discovery). I saw Atlantis launch and the atmosphere (and sound) is amazing !

The Parks:
    SeaWorld is my favorite (go see the Clyde and Seamore Pirate show) just to see the pirate mime entertain you before the show starts...he's brilliant !
    Universal studios and Islands of Adventure are also excellent and will take 1 day each !
    Disney's Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studio's and Animal Kingdom will take at least 1 day each although i don't think much of the Animal Kingdom park except the Expedition Everest ride. Busch Gardens in Tampa is much better.
    Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are superb waterparks as is Aquatica and Wet 'n' Wild.

Take your own food in the parks with you, otherwise its very expensive !
    Just buy your drinks so they're nice and cold !

If you venture down to Kissimmee, then make sure that you go to OLD TOWN on either friday or saturday night and see the car cruise. If i remember correctly, friday is the modern cars saturday is the vintage cars.

You will see tropical storms and have seen thunderstorms last 9 hours+. Hurricane season is also in full swing, we've been in 4 and they're a bit of a pain if you have to stay in your hotel !

Anymore advice i can give you, just let me know. I've been 8 times and have just booked 3 weeks for next May/June

P.S. Head to Walmart or K-Mart for your Meguiars etc. cleaning gear !!!
    Also you leave a tip after each meal which is 15-20% of your bill, can get very expensive if you have every meal out ! Avoid Charlies Steakhouse ! Steak will set you back $100 EACH !
    Last edited by FIL 4822; 10th August 2009 at 16:45.

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by FIL 4822 View Post
    I take it your stopping on International Drive (I-Drive) ?
    It's quite busy on I-Drive as its the main tourist area. We tend to stop on US 192 in Kissimmee.

Eating out:
    Loads of places !
    You have the worlds biggest McDonalds on I-Drive and Sand Lake road junction (next to I4 motorway). There are 3 Ponderosa steakhouses along I-Drive, Sizzler (opposite the big McD's), plus many, many others !

Things to do on I-Drive:
    Sea World, Ripley's believe it or not, Wonderworks (the upside down house), Wet 'n' Wild water park, Festival Bay Mall, Orlando premium outlets, Pointe Orlando and Orlando Prime outlets. Theres also a fun fair with go karts and one of those things that catapults you up on 'elastic bands'..... just head to the screaming !
    If you like crazy golf, there's one called Congo river golf, where you can feed the Aligators and some weird Koi carp ! I think the other golf place along there is called Pirates Cove.

Driving:
    Florida law states NO alcahol in the car, must be stored in the boot. Not even the passengers are allowed to drink ! YOU will be arrested !
    Wipers on - lights on. Again, its the law !
    Driving is a doddle, but if you have the opportunaty, hire a satnav from the car rental company, it will help you.
    You can turn right at a red signal UNLESS stated otherwise (usually says "No turn on red" hanging above the junction.
    When driving through a junction, you'll see a street name sign hanging above it. This is the name of the road your crossing NOT the road your on.
    Beware of roadworks on main roads. If you speed through them there's usually a Cop waiting. If you do it when workmen are present, the fines usually get DOUBLED ! Be warned.

The Beach:
    The east coast (Atlantic side)the sea water is much cooler than the west side (Mexican Gulf).
    Go to Clearwater St.Petes Beach. Go on the seascreamer speedboat dolphin spotting, Pirate ship cruise or try some fishing off Pier 60 in Clearwater. Pier 60 comes alive in the evening with local craft stalls being set up along it.
    Sunset here are spectacular !
    If you decide to go east instead/aswell, theres Daytona Beach and Port Canaveral. Kennedy space centre is a full day out.
    Your in luck ! There's a shuttle launch planned on August 25th (STS-128 ; Discovery). I saw Atlantis launch and the atmosphere (and sound) is amazing !

The Parks:
    SeaWorld is my favorite (go see the Clyde and Seamore Pirate show) just to see the pirate mime entertain you before the show starts...he's brilliant !
    Universal studios and Islands of Adventure are also excellent and will take 1 day each !
    Disney's Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studio's and Animal Kingdom will take at least 1 day each although i don't think much of the Animal Kingdom park except the Expedition Everest ride. Busch Gardens in Tampa is much better.
    Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are superb waterparks as is Aquatica and Wet 'n' Wild.

Take your own food in the parks with you, otherwise its very expensive !
    Just buy your drinks so they're nice and cold !

If you venture down to Kissimmee, then make sure that you go to OLD TOWN on either friday or saturday night and see the car cruise. If i remember correctly, friday is the modern cars saturday is the vintage cars.

You will see tropical storms and have seen thunderstorms last 9 hours+. Hurricane season is also in full swing, we've been in 4 and they're a bit of a pain if you have to stay in your hotel !

Anymore advice i can give you, just let me know. I've been 8 times and have just booked 3 weeks for next May/June

P.S. Head to Walmart or K-Mart for your Meguiars etc. cleaning gear !!!
    Think you wrote my handbook Mr Fil also remember to ask for your drink 'no ice' that way you get all drink hth .............

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

Trim : No, over weight!

Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Think you wrote my handbook Mr Fil also remember to ask for your drink 'no ice' that way you get all drink hth .............
    Can't get enough of Florida Mr.Tadders

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by FIL 4822 View Post
    Can't get enough of Florida Mr.Tadders
    Trouble is, them yanks think I'm from Austrailer .......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information