Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Rear Leccy Windows

Just a thought, but does anyone know the reason why Vauxhall decided to spec most of the Vec range without rear elec windows.

Its putting me off buying what is an otherwise great car, especially when its an SXI model (middle of range) yet the povery spec Ford Mondeo and Renault Laguna have them. pretty sure most people would prefer these included before things like cruise control and fog lights.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hendry
    Just a thought, but does anyone know the reason why Vauxhall decided to spec most of the Vec range without rear elec windows.

Its putting me off buying what is an otherwise great car, especially when its an SXI model (middle of range) yet the povery spec Ford Mondeo and Renault Laguna have them. pretty sure most people would prefer these included before things like cruise control and fog lights.

most peeps, yes...............

but not sales reps, who dont sit in the back.......it is aimed as a fleet car, this has to be accepted for this car, even if they do make a very good family car, or even sporty car for the higer end models

BB ( who has rear leccies in his Signum )

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah I realise this but the Ford Mondeo and Renault Laguna are also fleet cars, and yet they still have the rear leccys.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hendry
    yeah I realise this but the Ford Mondeo and Renault Laguna are also fleet cars, and yet they still have the rear leccys.

i had a 1999 Zetec mondeo ( mk2 ) this didnt have rear leccies , untill i installed em ,

i also had a 2002 Ghia mondeo ( mk3 ) this did have rear leccies, but the lesser models didnt, however, i know what you are saying, and some lines do come with em, however, you pays ur money and makes your choice in the car market

BB

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have also noticed this. Maybe something that will be brought in on the facelift car this year perhaps??

Luckily for me, leccy rear windows is something I'm not too fussed about. I had them on the both the Vectra B and Cavaliers and hardly ever used them.

Still strange seeing as most other makes have them. I'm sure Vauxhall have their reasons though.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I must admit, my old Mondeo (2.0 LX Y reg new shape) did have rear electric windows. But I think they may have dropped them on the more recent LX models I think.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VectraSXi
    I must admit, my old Mondeo (2.0 LX Y reg new shape) did have rear electric windows. But I think they may have dropped them on the more recent LX models I think.

when a new line is launched, they pop in a few luxuries to tempt in the buyers, as your Y reg car was one of the first mk3's, as the model matures they dont bother as they have their sales targets and are designing the replacement version, early veccy's and signums have more/different toys than the newer ones do

BB

it also has an impact as to where the car sits in the model range, the mondeo is fords top car at the moment , where the vectra isnt for vauxhall, the signum currently has that spot , you should compare the veccy to a focus to be honest

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes, also my Mondeo had electric mirrors fitted (and a know a few other LX's did) but they wernt suppose to have them on the LX according to the brochure.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well having looked at 04, 54 and 05 plate Mondeos, even the base LXs on these late plates do have elec/heated mirrors, and rear elec windows.

in all fairness the Vectra spec is much more impressive than that of mondeos, lagunas, even toyotas and mazdas for equivalent spec. but as most people cant notice all the features like cruise control, trip computer, etc. whereas not having elec windows is very noticeable, although your car may have a much superior spec to theirs you get laughed at cos yours dont have leccy windows and theirs does.

I wouldnt be so disappointed about no rear elec windows if I could have had the breeze which looks excellent value for money, but it doesnt have rear heating ducts or steering wheel audio controls whilst I know other taxi drivers who have early Vec C's with no alloys, fogs, etc. that have heating ducts and audio controls, vauxhall have went a bit haywire with vectra specs methinks.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We own a 51 plate Mondeo estate 2.0 LX which has electric rear windows and mirrors. I think they have been deleted off the latest LXs (if 'What Car?' is correct). I also have a Vec Breeze as my company car. To be honest, the only reason I miss the rear electric windows is that the kids mess with the manual ones, leaving them slightly open, so you get an annoying noise when you hit the motorway or water inside the car when you wash it if you forget to check they are fully shut. Override switch on the Mondeo ensures this doesn't happen as the kids can't mess with the windows. The Vectra's electric windows are safer as they reverse if there is an obstacle the Ford's do not.

The Breeze is a really lovely car - an absolute pleasure to drive. I'm not really into gadgets, so the lack of them on this model doesn't bother me. The important thing is that it's comfy on the occasions I have to drive several hundred miles in a day and goes like a bat out of hell if I want it to. I much prefer it to the Mondeo and even my wife, who is anti-Vauxhall and was determined not to like it, appears to be converted and chooses to drive it a lot for a Ford fan. Very happy with my choice so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information