Thread: What are my options?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What are my options?

Bit of a long shot here.. heres the facts....

Last thursday I was driving home when some young lad came out of a side road and hit me on the back quarter., scraped the backdoor wing and bumper
    I got all his details except insurance as he didnt have it.
    Got pics of him, the car, his license etc etc etc.
    Went straight to the local insurance approved bodyshop for a quote..
    Whilst I was there, they said they have a 3rd pty co to deal with no fault claims and they would persue it witht he details I gave them so I wouldn;t have to do a claim on my own insurance.
    About an hour later they came back to me saying that the car wasn't insured!!! at which point I was P***ed off obvioulsy
    An Hour after that, His dad rang me up aplogising for his son and that He owned a Garage in Leyland and If I could bring the car down they would be able to repair the damage.. I'm guessing that the car is on his a traders policy but I'm sure a 17yr old kid only 3 weeks after passing his test would not be able to get on this policy!
    This I did.. and got the car back yesterday.. They ended up respraying the whole of the back bumper as well as I had some shopping trolly marksfrom a year or so ago ingrained into it... I wasn't expecting this...

However the area where the bump had occured Hasn't been repaired particularly well and the spraying is ropy to say the least...

I've told him he can have it back next week to put right all the bad bits, but if it comes back still not to satisfaction... what are my options?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

At the end of the day, I reckon he was driving uninsured.

As you say, a 17year old on a trader policy, I don't think it would happen.

You've got pictures etc as a bit of leverage. But I'll reckon he'll repair it better but you've got the fact he was uninsured and pictures if things don't get sorted to your satisfaction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Vectra

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

As he was uninsured them you've not got alot of options. Yes you can claim off your insurance but it is a claim against you. Yes you could goto the police and have the lad done with driving with no insurance and yes you could proceed through the courts to gain back costs and damages etc...

Best bet is let them try again, if your not happy then ask that they pay for it to be done at a place of your choice (good body shop) or you'll take out proceedings and goto the police. I'm more than sure the father will not want that for his son and cough up the costs. In the grand scheme of things a few hundred pounds for the work to be done is far less of a cost than the courts for him and his son etc..

Hope you get it sorted,

Bri.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers for your help chaps...

Tried the police route.... they weren't interested... muttered something about only be able to do something if they catch him in the car driving it.. I bet he wont be in it again!

Anyway Its going back in... next week to get it done properly lol...

theres absolutely no reason why there should be masking marks and indentations if they have supposedly "filled " it in properly... a 5 yr old could have done better under supervision! plus its no good if i decide to sell it at some point..

I guess that as I know his name number and where his garage is, I've got a little leverage should I need to get the insurace company in to finish the job off..

Thread Information