Well as i cant update my progress thread no more i'll do one in here, from now on. Here is the original post...
So following on from that...
Been working on the astra mainly so not done much to the vectra & decided not to do the wheels green for the moment as I think they are too small, going to buy some 19's or 20's first then i will spray them green .
So i got round to spraying the boot strip that I'd bought a few months ago to completely de-badge the rear end. Will also be spraying the mud flaps the same as the car soon.
It looks yellow but its silver the same as the car, must just be the light.
I decided to not waste the green paint. So i painted the calipers a few weeks ago. They look minty fresh, haha see what i did there <---- .
Front just painted...
Rear with wheel on...
Yesterday didnít go too well. Decided to give the vectra a service & a quick clean.
The r/n/s tyre kept going down after a couple of days so needed that sorting. But because the puncture was in the wall of the tyre it would have cost £50 to repair. New tyre was only £60 so I just got a new tyre. Also enquired about a new set of 20's for the vectra. Think Iíll be getting them for next years shows.
You may be able to see this itís only about 1" wide but itís really annoying to me & Iím going to try & get the bodyshop to give the whole front end a re-spray because of it. The lacquer has started to flake off. It has a front end re-spray in December due to the accident. So there is no way it should be flaking off this soon, itís down to bad preparation by the bodyshop, so Iím not very happy about that.
Everything on the floor should have gone onto the car.
Changed the air filter.
Changed the carbon filter.
Tried to locate the oil filter, think I found it but not sure. So will be buying a Haynes manual on Monday to find out. Also couldnít locate the fuel filter. Hopefully they will get done next week.
Went to change the orange indicator bulbs for some nice chrome ones. Only thing is the indicator bulbs on the vectra have the pins offset, rather than almost every other car that has them opposite. So they didnít fit.
Then decided to change the fog light bulb as it went a couple of weeks ago. Only to find my dad had got the wrong bulb, so that didnít get sorted.
So I decided to change the pedals but the original pedals are bigger than the richbrook ones. So it means I will have to cut the original ones down a bit. So that didnít get done either.
In the end I ended up just polishing the car. Not got any great pics from yesterday but decided to go take some today. The rear end has changed a bit since the last pics so will get them pics up a.s.a.p.
Oh & also Halfords said the glow plugs were £27 each. So I decided to not bother with them for now, will go find a better quote.