Thread: Flashing brake lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Flashing brake lights

Does anyone know if the newer vec brake lights flash under hard braking? I ask as today I was on the M1 and had one of thos sudden-stop-for-no-reason moments, which didn't help as the van I was following had a brake light out and the one that did work was pretty dull! Anyway, I pulled up from motorway speed to nearly a standstill pretty damn quick, and the car behing me was flashing at me, and afterwards undertook me and pointed at my rear end. Twas a bit confused, but when I got to work I checked around the car, no probs, and got a colleague to step on the brake to check the lights were working, which they all were. Just wondered if they got a bit confused at the lights maybe flashing, which I saw an Insignia do a few weeks ago...

Our new 500 abarth does it with the hazards, but you know it does as the indicators on the dash light up and it makes the indicator noise (actually pretty annoying for 'spirited' driving) - just curious about the vec...

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by jsr645 View Post
    Does anyone know if the newer vec brake lights flash under hard braking? I ask as today I was on the M1 and had one of thos sudden-stop-for-no-reason moments, which didn't help as the van I was following had a brake light out and the one that did work was pretty dull! Anyway, I pulled up from motorway speed to nearly a standstill pretty damn quick, and the car behing me was flashing at me, and afterwards undertook me and pointed at my rear end. Twas a bit confused, but when I got to work I checked around the car, no probs, and got a colleague to step on the brake to check the lights were working, which they all were. Just wondered if they got a bit confused at the lights maybe flashing, which I saw an Insignia do a few weeks ago...

Our new 500 abarth does it with the hazards, but you know it does as the indicators on the dash light up and it makes the indicator noise (actually pretty annoying for 'spirited' driving) - just curious about the vec...
    I know the new Astras do this as ive had one slam on the anchors in front of me... i was like... look soph they are flashing lol... just as our internal organs were settling into their original position

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Diet1985 View Post
    I know the new Astras do this as ive had one slam on the anchors in front of me... i was like... look soph they are flashing lol... just as our internal organs were settling into their original position
    I know what you mean - the insignia's flashed really fast and I was like a moth to a flame - until my brain decided that actually it was stopping pretty sharpish and I needed to react or would have insignia all over my face!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

the astra vxr does it for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

suppose I'm gonna have to go for a razz and get someone to follow me and report back (note to self - must remember to tell them not to follow too close!!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes, the Vectras do this as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    Yes, the Vectras do this as well
    I think its quite a good idea - a few years ago I though cars needed something and I though about a fading highlevel, that faded on slowly under normal braking and harsly under hard braking.
    The current system however can be a little dazzling at first just because its not expected when following a car that does it. Should be publicised more so when it happens people understand what it means...

As I said the abarth does it with its indicators really fast, which is clever but on that type of car is also kind of annoying as it comes on really easily and you know its doing it because it makes the clicking sound.

Also, just googled it and found something about VOSA taking manufactures to court over it because only emergency vehicles should have flashing lights and they want it removed from all road cars...can't find any more about this though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah they do seem todo it and they some time flash the rear indicators under hard hard brakeing ,,,, ive had a few flashes or weid looks from the back end of myn ..... but it isnt in the info they do it ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

[quote=jsr645;1034574]the car behing me was flashing at me, and afterwards undertook me and pointed at my rear endquote]
    Sounds more like just an impatient driver after some points for Careless Driving
    Undertaking on the left; naughty, naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I thought that the lights flash when the car is braking very hard and the brake application is under ABS control.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information