User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hid problem..........

  1. #1
    Regular Member bobby-tupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LEEDS, W.YORKS
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 07 Estate




    Default Hid problem..........

    had my hids fitted over 6mths no problems at all, now i changed the bulbs yesterday from 8k to 6k. have noticed tonight that the os headlight is flickering anybody got ant ideas on how to cure this problem?
    (i dont want to have to go ask my neighbour for help)

  2. #2
    Regular Member Tadpole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobby-tupper View Post
    had my hids fitted over 6mths no problems at all, now i changed the bulbs yesterday from 8k to 6k. have noticed tonight that the os headlight is flickering anybody got ant ideas on how to cure this problem?
    (i dont want to have to go ask my neighbour for help)
    .. ................. ....... .................

  3. #3
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 137000

    Default

    You might need the extra loom mate. Second from bottom £19.99 a pair.

  4. #4
    Regular Member bobby-tupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LEEDS, W.YORKS
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 07 Estate




    Default

    anybody any other ideas?

  5. #5
    Ex Vec-C Admin Deztroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WGAF#5
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    booby,
    didnt you have to go and purchase another bulb as one was not working?

    is there an underlying fault or is one of the bulbs not matched to the other very well - what happens if you refit your original set ??

    do they work correctly

    0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

  6. #6
    Full Member spennny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Blantyre
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobby-tupper View Post
    (i dont want to have to go ask my neighbour for help)
    lol...pmsl mate

  7. #7
    Regular Member bobby-tupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LEEDS, W.YORKS
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 07 Estate




    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    booby,
    didnt you have to go and purchase another bulb as one was not working?

    is there an underlying fault or is one of the bulbs not matched to the other very well - what happens if you refit your original set ??

    do they work correctly
    yes mate i ordered 2 6k bulbs and they arrived so went to fit them and one of the bulbs dint work at all even swapped it over to the other side to check it was duff,so went out and bought another 6k bulb same wattage and brand, now this one works but seems to flicker quite often have swapped them over to the other side again and its still doing it, think its time to put the 8k back in

  8. #8
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 137000

    Default

    For some reason the pre facelift does seam to have more problems over the Facelift. My Jam kit needs the extra loom where as Garys Jam kit on his facelift didn't. And to confirm it, Gary sold his kit to Glyn who's car was originally a pre facelift and there now bringing up the bulb warning.

  9. #9
    Ex Vec-C Admin Deztroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WGAF#5
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobby-tupper View Post
    yes mate i ordered 2 6k bulbs and they arrived so went to fit them and one of the bulbs dint work at all even swapped it over to the other side to check it was duff,so went out and bought another 6k bulb same wattage and brand, now this one works but seems to flicker quite often have swapped them over to the other side again and its still doing it, think its time to put the 8k back in
    yep mate - defo sounds like one is faulty as the voltage appears to be fluctuating - try the 8's again (and hope vosa cronies are not about again ) i suspect the bulb is at fault - take a video and then you have some ammo for when you return them as faulty

    0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

  10. #10
    Regular Member bobby-tupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LEEDS, W.YORKS
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 07 Estate




    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    For some reason the pre facelift does seam to have more problems over the Facelift. My Jam kit needs the extra loom where as Garys Jam kit on his facelift didn't. And to confirm it, Gary sold his kit to Glyn who's car was originally a pre facelift and there now bringing up the bulb warning.
    the kit ive got is a "maxima" one ive never had any problems with the bulb error warnings on the dash until now must be these dodgy bulbs

    Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    yep mate - defo sounds like one is faulty as the voltage appears to be fluctuating - try the 8's again (and hope vosa cronies are not about again ) i suspect the bulb is at fault - take a video and then you have some ammo for when you return them as faulty
    have just put the 8"s back in and no problems again

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rear Signum Light problem problem - help
    By scw02102 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th July 2012, 21:12
  2. Wiper Electrical Problem? (Not sticking or cold weather problem)
    By SRIAdam in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th July 2012, 16:13
  3. 1 problem sorted and 1 more problem arises
    By bunsen1 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 4th April 2011, 13:03
  4. Bit of a problem, Need Help
    By vectrasri-j in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th January 2010, 19:21
  5. Problem...? Vectra SXI...problem with starting after filling with fuel?
    By doozer in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th November 2008, 09:40

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •