Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default EON.

Thieving "enter obsenity here"
    We changed our gas and electric to eon only a few months ago. They told us that £100 would easily cover our bill and although a slight debt during the winter months would show, the summer would even things out. I told them our last supplier started putting prices up and messing us around..."oh no sir, i assure you this will NOT happen".
    I had a letter this morning from eon.

Dear Mr Mug!!!
    We are having to increase your monthly payment to £147 blah blah blah.

Not happy at all i phoned them and they told me we are high users. Now, we have all energy saving bulbs, AAA rated washing machine and dishwasher, no tumble dryer etc etc. I explained this and they just dont give a hoot and told me i was over £250 in debt and it will be paid. If im want to terminate the supply it will be the debt plus £60.
    I have never been in debt and i owe no-one a penny. Im a cash only type of person and if i cant afford it i dont have it. Its worrying my wife and i sick as well as making me a wee bit annoyed.
    Rant not quite over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

eon are scum - i had this problem a few months back and never got it sorted. they are a real pain and don't listen to anything you say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think you can opt to pay your bill in full them rather than paying by direct debit and having them choose how much it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

I had this with EON too.... we got straight and then promptly told them where to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ispitanfart View Post
    Thieving "enter obsenity here"
    We changed our gas and electric to eon only a few months ago. They told us that £100 would easily cover our bill and although a slight debt during the winter months would show, the summer would even things out. I told them our last supplier started putting prices up and messing us around..."oh no sir, i assure you this will NOT happen".
    I had a letter this morning from eon.

Dear Mr Mug!!!
    We are having to increase your monthly payment to £147 blah blah blah.

Not happy at all i phoned them and they told me we are high users. Now, we have all energy saving bulbs, AAA rated washing machine and dishwasher, no tumble dryer etc etc. I explained this and they just dont give a hoot and told me i was over £250 in debt and it will be paid. If im want to terminate the supply it will be the debt plus £60.
    I have never been in debt and i owe no-one a penny. Im a cash only type of person and if i cant afford it i dont have it. Its worrying my wife and i sick as well as making me a wee bit annoyed.
    Rant not quite over.
    I'm with E-ON at the moment and had similar problems with direct debits as you describe. I changed back to the old fashioned way of just paying the bills when they come and am still able to track my energy usage, account history, meter readings etc., on line with E-ON.

IMO, E-ON are no better or worse than all the other energy suppliers and I've tried several over the years.

So my advice is to stick with E-ON and just go back to paying the bills when they arrive. HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i really feel for you mate i know exactly where you are coming from, had a similiar problem with nopwer, in less than one month they reckoned i used £160 in gas and electric, in a flat and both me and the missus worked full time!!! id already paid them £40 on the payment card, they sent out the solicitors letters etc and i ignored them, i waited till they were at my door before paying them, coz it was gas and electric though 2 seperate solicitors were sending the letters, the gas 1 thats was for £80 seems to have been forgotten though. best thing is to get your meter readings and work it out, failing that get a sparky out to check nobodies stealing your leccy, it can happen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You really aren't having any luck are you? The car and this?

Part of the agreement when you sign (same for all energy suppliers) includes raising or lowering payments to cover expected bills. This is much better than what used to happen where people got a long way behind with their bills, and eventually ended up in court.

However, £147, is a huge amount, I'm with EON, and have been on their fixed rate since Sept 08. Having two young kids and a housewife, we used shedloads of gas and electricity - washing machine is always on, couple of tvs, xboxs, laptops charging, pressure washing on frequently, but our DD of £75 a month has been spot on - slightly under for winter and slightly over for summer.
    If need be I'll dig out our rate yours can't be twice ours?

Check your meters and previous bills and do the maths, although high, it may be appropriate - if not send them your working out and demand the DD amount appropriate. The energy ombudsman has been pretty hard on energy suppliers "banking" unnecessary overpayments.

If all that fails you have the right to revert to a normal quartely bill when any fixed/capped rate ends, or 12 months is up, whichever is on your original agreement as recommended by others here. hth PM me if you want my gas and electric unit cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had similar problems with EDF Energy.

Spent all winter telling me I didn't need to pay anymore on my Direct Debit payment.

In February, I had to clear my gas bill in full (over 200) and they upped my payment at the same time.

Now yesterday, I'm massively in credit.

Work that out!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They are all the same. Just tell them you'll clear the account and change supplier, that usually helps. In the current climate I think they're banking on people not being able to find a couple of hundred quid.

Eon also run Central Networks, the energy infrastructure company around here. I work in construction and no-one has a good word to say about the service - I'm yet to get any of my buildings energised on time.

Thatcher did a lot of good things - privatising the energy companies was not one of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Seems almost everyone is unhappy with them.
    borodave youre a star mate. ill get some bills together and drop you a pm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information