Thread: PVS Guidance and info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default PVS Guidance and info.

A little over 2 weeks away is one of the highlights of every Vauxhall clubs calendar. PVS. For those that have never been before youre in for a treat, theres just so much to take in, it should be a 2 day event imo.

If you are awaiting entry tickets from us, they will be with you as soon as I have received them myself, normally the week before the show. Car passes will also be enclosed with your tickets, or car passes on their own if you missed our deadline and are sorting your own ticket out.

Times and Arrival

Gates open at 7am for club displays, 9am for general public. By then, there will be a queue to get in so be patient. Make sure your car pass is displayed clearly as the gate marshals walk up and down the queue and usher display cars in ahead of general public. When you get to the pay booth, hand over your advance ticket or pay for entry ticket if need one. Drive slowly down the entry road as a) you’ll get kicked out if you start practicing your drag racing starts, and b) theres usually a photographer photographing every car as they come in (you can buy prints later in the day)

Again, keep your car pass clearly displayed and look out for the various signs/marshalls directing you. It’s a little overwhelming if you’ve never been before but don’t panic, you’ll soon be on the stand with the rest of the Vec-c gang. When you arrive at our stand, there should be Duncan and Graeme from Admin at the entry, smiling politely. Once you’ve exchanged pleastantries they will direct you onto our parking marshalls, namely, spikey and Aja. These guys will probably be highly stressed and on the verge of crying so please be nice to them. They will attempt to usher you into a parking spot. Most likely there will already be cars parked up in a theme so it may be obvious what Spikey and AJA are trying to achieve. They may ask you shuffle around a few times until your car is correctly spaced.

Your cars

If you’ve never been before, you’ll be wondering what you do with your car. Basically it’s a static display with the option of taking your car up the strip, much like a regional meet you may have been to, but on a much much larger scale. Most people like to give their cars a nice polish etc on the morning of the show. In fact, this is very much a part of ‘showing’ your car for a lot of members. At the very least, we would ask that your cars are clean.

Events for the day

For those that have never been before, PVS is packed with stuff to do. From the thousands of club cars to the drag strip action all day (which everyone can take part in). Theres loads of Vauxhall only trade stands to spend you cash with too.
    We are also running our own little ‘members choice’ competition. On arrival, every member will be given a form to fill in with their choice of the best car on the stand. This can be the one whose owner has spent all morning cleaning it, the most modified, the nicest colour, the friendliest owner, whatever. Its simply YOUR choice. I’ll collect all the forms at BBQ time and count them up and announce the winner over the BBQ. We’ll have a small trophy, (maybe two or three) to give to the winner(s). Last year total Vauxhall held a ‘best of PVS’ competition too, where each clubs champion went on to compete against every other club. The winner walked away with something like a £500 irmscher voucher. If they are still doing this, our members choice winner, will be our champion and represent us.

BBQ.

Those who have put their name down for the BBQ should congregate around the gazebos around 12pm (ish). Theres no need to pay up front, everyones £3.50 will be collected on the day. The menu is 1 Burger, 2 Sausages and a Chicken Breast, along with bread buns etc. If you want to bring youre own salad etc please do so. All proceeds will go back into the club funds.

That covers the basics but if there is any more info you need, feel free to ask it in this thread or send me a pm, and I’ll do my best to answer. Im sure everyone will enjoy themselves and go home knowing a few more mates than they came with.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    When you arrive at our stand, there should be Duncan and Graeme from Admin at the entry, smiling politely.
    Don't you mean squinting through one eye (not that you'll see behind the sunglasses), looking dishevelled, with a stonking hangover and directing folks with the odd grunt?!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    Don't you mean squinting through one eye (not that you'll see behind the sunglasses), looking dishevelled, with a stonking hangover and directing folks with the odd grunt?!!!
    yes, but you'll still be smiling politely....

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you're planning on taking you car for a spin down the strip don't forget to bring your driving license with you.

I know we're having a BBQ, but if you're planning on buying any food from the many Snack stands, bring plenty of money. They're very expensive. I always bring my own snacks and cold drinks, just to keep the kids filled up on 'E numbers'.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    yes, but you'll still be smiling politely....
    OK then, I'll try!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'll ask Debbie to do a big bowl of mixed salad for the BBQ then everyone can help themselves

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers for the write up for us PVS virgins Andy, appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Yes it will be usefull to us first timers....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks andy i was wondering how things would work but now i know cheers m8.
    well roughly anyway!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Nice write up guys. But you forgot one thing. Isnt there a car cleaning team?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information