StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 150 CDti service question

Hi Just a quick question for those in the know,
    I picked up my car a couple of weeks ago from a dealer in Leicester, it was agreed that if it had not been serviced (bought over the phone depending on condition) it would be before I took delivery. I have just found the service book amongst the bumf and the stamp is in the 'additional engine oil and filter change' Now, with the car covering 21k I assumed it would need a full service? am I wrong before I ring up tomorrow? and what effect will this have on any manf warranty as the car is <12m old.

thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the sales outlet simply carried out a basic oil and filter change, which is quite typical for a non-franchised outlet

Check the front of the service book, you will find the full service requirements in there
    It may be the car is due a service at 20K mile intervals
    However it is 12K mile intervals, then go back to the sales outlet, show them the manual, and challenge the basic oil and filter change

The warranty is 3 years (up to 80K miles), so let us know how old the car is

Equally, get a quote for a service and book the car in to a franchise dealer
    If the sales outlet fails to action, then at least you have piece of mind

As for warranty, that could be an issue, so contact VX, advise them of the situation
    They may offer "clawback" whereby you reduce the servicing during the warranty, at a preset level (say every 8K miles or three services in two years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply, it's a network Q car from a franchised dealer! the car is just coming up to 12 months old. This is why I am questioning the oil and filter only change, have they done it to save some £'s? I did agree that if it was showing a service due then they would carry out one before I collected. It showed due but I have only just checked to see they have not carried out a full 20k service. I won't be going back as its too far but I wondered if I had any recourse with network Q? Looks like a call for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I get what you mean, but I to bought a Vectra (SRi) CDTi 150 last year, 7 months old & 12k on the clock. The first service is needed at 20k OR 12 months - whichever occurs first and is an INTERIM service NOT a full service. Full service is only required every 2yrs.

So if I understand what you say then they have done exactly what is required - a full service would be a waste of money / expense for them.

My Interim service simply included oil, oil filter, o-ring, screenwash + locklube. And a "Visual Healthcheck" and report for me.

hth - J.

South Wales Assistant Regional Organiser davidjameswest's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the vectra c sri cdti is a full service every 20k, not just a oil change, thats what i was told by vx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm picking up a set of Service schedules for the Vectra C at the dealership I use, assuming they have arrived!

I will check what is actually supposed to be done on the first service
    It would be INCORRECT to mark it as only "oil and oil filter", as that is quite a bit cheaper than the "interim service" which also includes visual inspection and usually the air filter or pollen filter
    It's not until you get to the "full service" which then adds both of those and the fuel filter
    However, assuming the Network Q inspection has been completed then it pretty much covers what is included in the interim service

You could cut the sales department out, contact the service department, and ask them to confirm what exactly they did
    Then contact the sales person and advise them that an "interim service" should have been carried out (as per sales contract)
    Once you've done all that, contact VX Network Q and discuss with them
    See whether an "oil and oil filter" will be sufficient or if they can liaise with the dealership to honour their sales contract (although that is nothing to actually do with Network Q)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again, I have e-mailed network Q today and explained, I have no issue with what they have done as long as there is no detriment to the warranty. We will see what the reply is as I have asked them to confirm the warranty will be intact (as you would expect from a network Q garage!!) The garage have confirmed that only the interim oil and filter was carried out but they are 100 miles away for me to kick up too much fuss with them as all they will offer is to return for a full service and I would rather take it to my own non VX dealer anyway as with my prev vec C. I will let you know what net q say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sshooie View Post
    The garage have confirmed that only the interim oil and filter was carried out
    That's a contradiction of terms, either they have carried out an "interim service" OR "oil and ol filter"
    If they have done both, then it sounds like they changed the oil, put the old oil filter back on, and expect you to go back so they can put the old oil back in!

However, for "interim service" it should be in the page marked "Service" and under logo number one
    The remarks should then be "pollen"

Thread Information