User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insignia 2010 - No Camera Option?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Insignia 2010 - No Camera Option?

Details below.

After all the launch fanfare about the camera system, it is now dropped

http://www.gmukfleethub.co.uk/assets...bo_diesel.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Front Camera System is not available to UK customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I saw this a little while ago, camera's a waste of time anyway, useless gimicks we can do without.

The big loss however is the manual handbrake, and failing to put decent screens on the centre display, and how about giving us back the remote opening/closing of windows from the keyfob on basic models, also the autolocking features which are also missing.

How about making more storage space available in the front, and give us our sun-glasses holder back, there's still room for it at the top of internal light panel.
    While your at it, give us a Off switch so we can stop the lights coming on everytime we start the car, not everyone wants DLRL (not till its law)

Give us our leather gear knobs back you stopped fitting.

Give us back our storage compartments in the boot.

Stop all the console creaks before shipping the car.

Improve the sound proofing more, its crap.

There you are thats my updated List. 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron43 View Post
    I saw this a little while ago, camera's a waste of time anyway, useless gimicks we can do without.

The big loss however is the manual handbrake, and failing to put decent screens on the centre display, and how about giving us back the remote opening/closing of windows from the keyfob on basic models, also the autolocking features which are also missing.

How about making more storage space available in the front, and give us our sun-glasses holder back, there's still room for it at the top of internal light panel.
    While your at it, give us a Off switch so we can stop the lights coming on everytime we start the car, not everyone wants DLRL (not till its law)

You sound happy with the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    You sound happy with the car.

Ecstatic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron43 View Post

Got to say as a driver/customer you'll be spot on there i've no doubt.
    It's strange that the company that make the cars,can be so far detached to what's really important to the customer,when it comes to revising the build and features.
    Taking the chrome of the bl88dy rear door handles of the SRI models why FFS! Another example of how the once proud SRI badge seems to have become the whipping boy for stripped back features,god knows why they continue with it,it's obvious an elite with standard twin exhausts is the way to go,yep that's right,scrap a model save buckets of money,and then build a car that has as little wrong with it as possible!Oh and boot storage
    Never thought to look in the boot when viewing one the other day,are you telling me i won't have my cubby hole when i come over to the iNsig?
    I keep all me bits in there,pull ties,paint restorer(Usefull in T3sco car parks)say no more,glass and bug cleaner spray(long journeys)...torch...you get my drift.
    Bio diesel,great idea,but will any advantages on tax and economy be really eaten into once a year at service? I'd like to find out a comparison between the cost of servicing a bio diesel,and a 2.0t before i'd make my decision..Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I dont think the Insignia SRi version is good value at all, as it has mostly the same options as the Exclusiv models which are much cheaper of course. ie. no USB socket and still has the same audo unit as the Exclusiv, no blue tooth as standard either.

Its basically a Exclusiv with a few panel enhancements, oh and a Sri badge...lol

You need to get the Elite for some of the toys such as Dab, most toys are optional and cost money.
    The best value one is the Exclusiv with the Plus Pack £425 which adds the 245/45/18 alloys and front chrome fogs. Plus you dont have to wait long for it to be delivered as thats the one they make in large quantities.
    Depends what you want. Peronally I think if on'e going to pay close to £20k or more for some of the models, I'd recommend looking at other cars.

Though I could afford to buy a more expensive car, I just cant justify spending that sort of money, a property..YES but not a car. JMO.

Re. The boot, yes they have dropped those side pockets, they now give you a small moulded recess in the side panels with a elasticated strap, so everthings visible anyway. Not so good as the Vec-c.

There is however more storage for rear passengers, in both door panels and also handy storage in the centre console with cup holders etc.
    The front storage is absolutely abysmal, not much at all. Armrest is not brilliant and there's no cover over centre storage in front of armrest

Dealer mechanic told me I was lucky to have had a model with the manual hand-brake, as they dont rate the electric one very much, and it looks like VX are dropping the manual one altogether in 2010. I've had a model with electric hand brake and it seemed okay to me.
    Last edited by 67688c; 30th July 2009 at 11:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Your not selling it very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    Your not selling it very well.

I tell it as it is. No exageration, or unwarranted critism, just my own honest opinion.

There are many things I like about it, but its mainly the annoying little things that stick in my mind the most...lol

spoons

lol

I'll just stick with my crappy 300 BHP Vectra for now then...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information