Thread: FAO PVS helpers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default FAO PVS helpers

You’ve volunteered to help us out with making our stand run smoothly during the day, so first of all, Thanks. Organising nearly 50 cars in such a short space of time is far too much for 1 or 2 people to handle on their own, so without dedicated people like yourself it would be a real struggle for the admin team.

Ive broken the tasks down, with a few guidance notes of how I see things working best. Im totally open to suggestions so please let me know if theres something which would work better another way.

The Welcome Team.

Duncan
    Graeme

If you are manning the entrance to our stand, your main task is to try and spot members arriving, wave your arms around and make sure they spot us as there are a lot of clubs and a lot of stands there which can be a little overwhelming when you arrive. Once members arrive at our stand, make sure they are with our club (their stand pass will have the same number as yours). Introduce yourself, and usher the member onto the parking marshall team.

Parking Marshall team.

1)Spikey (camping)
    2)AJA (arriving 7am)

Arguably the most stressfull job so try and keep a cool head and don’t be afraid to shout for help if needed. Your main task is to usher the cars sent from the entrance of our stand, into the agreed parking layout. The layout needs to be agreed first thing by all the parking marshalls and the admin present. If you are camping at the pod, try and sneak a look at the stand the day before to give you a head start. If people start arriving before the layout has been agreed, park them up in the stand (keep them off the entry roads at all costs!) and ask them to stay near their car as they will be needed to move it shortly. Re the layout design, We don’t want a Tesco’s car park, so try and come up with something creative. If all else fails, arranging them around the edge on an angle (fronts pointing to centre of stand) works ok. If there are a few ‘feature’ cars, bear these in mind as they may make good centre pieces. Im constantly pestering the show organizer for a layout of the club stands that will enable me to preplan the layout, in which case everyone will get a plan of a proposed layout.

Don’t be afraid to keep asking owners to shuffle their cars. If we run out of room before everyone is inside, it will be even worse asking 40 cars to all budge up. Try and keep them just over an open door width apart. We don’t want people having to scrape past, but then we also don’t want huge gaps between cars.

Gazebo Construction Team

1)Green Growler
    2)Mrs Gsi
    3)Ed Taylor
    4)Caterman
    5)CDTi

Anyone with a gazebo should bring it over to the rear of the stand when they arrive. They will probably help to erect their own gazebo. The aim is to create a large undercover area by fixing all the gazebo’s together. This makes them more stable and provides a better shelter from the sun or rain. It also looks better than half a dozen gazebos dotted around. The BBQ will also be located here, so bear that in mind. It would be helpful if the gazebo team (or part of) could be present at stand planning discussions so you can shout up to agree the location of the gazebo village.

Club Banner.

Ian (Yorkshire Ro)

Only the main club banner should be displayed at PVS. This is because we are there as a single club coming together under one heading and not as separate regions so please save regional banners for the regional meets/events or until we are large enough for every region to have a banner. The Banner should be placed at the entrance to our stand, allowing enough room for cars to get past. This can be erected last if needed.

Flag Pole team.

Drinky
    Micky
    Rich GSi

Not 100% sure where to put these yet. They may look good at the entrance to our stand or may look better around the gazebo’s. Something to judge on the day?

BBQ team

Big Phil
    Mrs GSi
    Payney
    Mrs Robbieben

Head chef phil knows what hes doing with the BBQ, but would appreciate help from the BBQ team to set up the BBQ’s, give him a break etc.

Once again, thanks for helping us out. I’ll be arriving at 7am but subject to the entry queue may not be on the stand by then. I’ll run around between everyone helping whoever needs help. (probably the Parking team!!)

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Andy - if you have any feedback from the PVS team about size and shape of the stand, let me or Spikey know, or if indeed if you have any specific requirements/ideas drop it in a PM to one of us.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Excellent guidance notes Andy.

I'm going to try and devise some means of making it obvious for people to spot Graeme and myself - maybe a hi-glo bib with Vectra-c.com on it or something. Will have a think.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AJA
    Andy - if you have any feedback from the PVS team about size and shape of the stand, let me or Spikey know, or if indeed if you have any specific requirements/ideas drop it in a PM to one of us.
    That’s what im trying to get mate, but its like getting blood out of a stone. I cant believe they haven’t started to plan where each club will be allocated, and they must have an idea how much space 50 cars needs. I’ll keep trying. If I do get something, I’ll plan something out on autocad and PDF it for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was starting to think along the lines of organising the cars in regions, but dismissed that idea, then reading your post I see you have psychically agreed with me as to why not to do it like that. I would imagine the stand would be a rectangle shape, so it will probably be ok to look at an oval shape inside the perimeter, possibly keeping Siggys together and estates together, with as you suggest, a couple of the 'feature' cars seperate within the perimeter so that all the others point at them if you see what I mean.

Edit: Something like this:

Last edited by Spikey©; 17th May 2006 at 16:50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know exactly where youre coming from and its the first thing i would have assumed too, but the problem is weve got nearly 50 cars coming which is a lot to park. Not knowing the shape or even size of the stand makes it impossible to preplan to any real degree. eg, our trax stand was a funny trapezidal shape which i wasnt expecting lol. They are also notorious for giving small areas and in fact im betting when you see our area you’ll panic and wonder how we will fit 50 cars in there.

It would be great if we could park them in some sort of theme? but im guessing with so many cars, it’s a nightmare to arrange into regions (unless they all arrive together) or even into things like colours or models. If all the signums arrived at once, it would be easy, but they don’t. They come in dribs and drabs. Same as with colours. Regions is something the admin team don’t really want to do as it can create little groups of people who just talk to their mates rather than chatting to the guys next you while polishing your cars up, if you see what I mean.

The other problem is you don’t get chance to think because as soon as you arrive at the stand yourself, you’ve got 10 cars queued behind you wanting to know where to park lol.

If I don’t get a plan before hand, I would really recommend trying to get a sneaky look at our stand the night before

It all sounds negative, which it isnt really, as its a real buzz when a plan comes together . Its just a nightmare they dont help us out and tell us what we have to work with in advance....

its just an idea but maybe we could get them all parked up in position, then swap the cars around 2 by 2 etc into a theme? again its dependent on stand size etc

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Remember guys that we have to allow access for anyone wanting to have a blast down the strip, or if indeed anyone wants to leave early. We don't want to box anyone in.

Or

If anyone is invited onto the Irmscher stand for an hour or two

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AJA
    Remember guys that we have to allow access for anyone wanting to have a blast down the strip, or if indeed anyone wants to leave early. We don't want to box anyone in.

Or

If anyone is invited onto the Irmscher stand for an hour or two
    Are irmscher having a stand? i thought it was just a vauxhall stand?

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

not sure mate. I would of thought Irmscher would of been at a Vauxhall show?

Here's an idea. I know we have no idea on shape or size of the stand but how about something along these lines? -

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    Excellent guidance notes Andy.

I'm going to try and devise some means of making it obvious for people to spot Graeme and myself - maybe a hi-glo bib with Vectra-c.com on it or something. Will have a think.

D
    Tell them to aim for my bald napper or the 2 hungover looking admin guys lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information