User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2003 Vectra 2.0 DTI - Error Code P0234 - Boost pressure Control positive deviation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2003 Vectra 2.0 DTI - Error Code P0234 - Boost pressure Control positive deviation

Hello All,
    I bought a 2nd hand vectra last week.. Which I was really happy about. But sadly on my way back home the car went in to limp mode. The usual Car and spanner icon, couldnt rev beyond 3000 and turbo wasnt spinning. Also the brake pad warning came on but it was expected since the seller said it needs replacing. I then took the car to a local garage to find the error code. It was P0234 - Boost pressure Control positive deviation and possible resolutions were Hose Connection, wiring, TC wastegate regulator valve, TC Wastegate....Since there are number of possibilities here, would any one know what is the most common cause for this kind of fault? How much would it cost to fix it? Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by 53Vectra2DTI; 28th July 2009 at 13:35.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Remove the boost sensor and give it a clean. Also check all the hoses for possible leaks - boost hoses.

The DTi's tend to soot the sensors up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have a look at this thread might help you... The red arrow indicates a split in the nearside boost hose which was my problem ..check yours.

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75475

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm betting on the hose too. It will only be a tiny hole/split. Mine went with exactly those symptoms. Turned out to be the top hose, although on my car (2.2DTI) you have to buy the complete assmbly, 85 quid. If you found you could get out of limp mode by switching off/on, but that it came back on throttle, then that's possibly it. Parts department guy sounded like he spent all day selling these.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile Found the problem

I had another look today at the pipes and found the split.. Fixed it temporarily and got the turbo back.. Thank you every one for your help.

The split pipe circled in red. (Found near the battery)
    Attachment 24268

Near Battery, the connector circled in green was unplugged and doenst seem to fit anywhere....There seems to be something missing where the second green circle is.
    Im not too worried about it as every thing is working fine but would be nice to know where that thing goes?
    Last edited by 53Vectra2DTI; 2nd August 2009 at 01:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

why not just wrap amalgum tape around split hose ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by 53Vectra2DTI View Post
    I had another look today at the pipes and found the split.. Fixed it temporarily and got the turbo back.. Thank you every one for your help.

The split pipe circled in red. (Found near the battery)
    Attachment 24268

Near Battery, the connector circled in green was unplugged and doenst seem to fit anywhere....There seems to be something missing where the second green circle is.
    Im not too worried about it as every thing is working fine but would be nice to know where that thing goes?
    My 2.0dti ,the pipe you mention,mine went in exactly the same place and right hand side hose was split,so taped it up using duct tape no problem since been on for 2 months and its stopping on till i sell it,bearing in mind they'r £60 odd squid a throw for a bit of pipe"outrageous

Last edited by macdad; 3rd September 2009 at 16:44.

Thread Information