0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : cdti 150

Trim : sri

Engine : z19dth

Year : 2005

Default interior probs

iv'e just come to the decision i hate my interior,
    why did vx put that stupid coating on the handles as it scratches way too easy, now they all need replacing.

my arm rest has broke on one of the brackets.
    im not keen on the bubbly dash, it holds too much dust unlike the vec 'b' were it was smooth and could easily wiped.

mines an sri so weres my ****** sports interior like in the 'B'
    i feel it's too soft and looks like it comes from an ls or somthing.
    anyway rant over....
    whats your opinion on the interior of your vec.

also i want LEATHER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I do agree, the Vec-B dash is very easy to clean, but when you put the B and the C side by side, the B looks more plasticy.

The seats in the SRI do simply look as though they have been lifted straight out of an LS or Club, no real thought gone into the actual design work! The fact that they feel good is a bonus.

I got a B SRI DTI and the half-leather seats are shaped like Recaro's!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I love the look of my Sri and it is a car that I have wanted to own since the Vec C came out. However I went from a C Max ( I've got 2 kids) to the Sri. For a big car the interior space is absolutely woeful!! There is nowhere to put anything. The centre armrest is Huuuuuge and you imagine there is a cavernous space inside it but it's teeny and the door pockets are full with 2 sheets of A4!!. It comes to it when you get excited because you have gained some extra space by fitting the sunglasses holder!! I do think it looks sporty but slightly plasticky and impractical. The Insignia on the other hand....want one!!! I do still love my Vec though even though it has it's faults

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I guess if you come from a Vec B Sri to a Vec C Sri you may think that the seats in a C Sri might as well be from a Club, but believe me when I say that going from a Vec C Club to a Vec C Sri the seats and interior are definitely a lot better

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I miss my velor type fabric on the seats in the SRi 'B' but for now they will do .........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had the half Leather SRi seats in my B with extendable leg rest (miss that) and they looked great ! Want leathers now, nearly hit buy it now on some but Badback beat me to it !!!! lololol Hes done a great job !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mark_647 View Post
    I had the half Leather SRi seats in my B with extendable leg rest (miss that) and they looked great ! Want leathers now, nearly hit buy it now on some but Badback beat me to it !!!! lololol Hes done a great job !

I've got the extendable leg rest in my C

Last edited by danBoy; 28th July 2009 at 21:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know what you mean about the horrible coating on the interior panels. I have an SRi and all the door handles and handbrake handle are all scratched and the coating is coming off.

Except for one! The previous owner sat one night watching TV and used his finger nails to scratch all the coating off and then polished it up so its nice and shiny. Just a shame he didnt do the other 3!

The centre armrest is also broke and the fabric is really tatty, there not cheap to replace either

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it's the whole greyness that gets me. My Mondeo had a bland but essentially smart black interior, with massive door pockets and plenty of storage for cups and what have you.

The Vec? Absolutely nothing! No cup holders up front, door bins that get full with a Yorkie bar, and the rear leg room was a total afterthought. As was the cost cutting excercise on the rear seat. How hard can it be to fit a folding rear bench!!??

The seats are actually quite nice. I didn't pay a fortune for them from DFS so i don't give a stuff what pattern they are, they're firm, but still comfy and have plenty of adjustment With my upgraded soeakers the stereo sounds awesome, easily on par with Fords classic RDS 6000, (one of the best factory fit stereo's i;ve ever heard, including if you own a Range Rover Vogue!!).

The Vec also has great soundproofing. When the doors give that satisfying deep 'thunk' there is very little engine noise from inside, (CDTi is pretty quiet anyway). Plus, under hard right foot the engine gives off quite a sporty snort anyway for a diesel.

Put it this way, no one is ever going to be happy with a car interior, they are designed to try to appeal to a huge mass market and each person has their own preference. I'm more than happy with the Vectra, a great car that converted me from the Clarkson gang of Vectra hatred, (i really wouldn't have been welcome on here 2 years ago lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This damn coating business!! have the same issues going on and had the same on my last 2001 Omega in which the coating was coming off the EEC buttons and worst of all they were white underneath!! had a right go at Vx customer services about this poor quality, but as usual not interested, but would take my views on board for future designs, yeah right!.
    Cheers Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information