User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insignia teething problems? A good reason never to buy a new model in it's early days

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Insignia teething problems? A good reason never to buy a new model in it's early days

Interesting read...Anyone else heard of this problem with the Insignia?
    Mind you Arnie is in there again..........

http://www.autocar.co.uk/forums/t/3918.aspx?PageIndex=2

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My cousin always used to state that NEVER ever buy a car that has just been released, always wait until its been out minimum 6 months or the next reg has been released.

This was a follow on to when he used to have a Mk II Fraud Granada and had sheeet loads of problems with it!

So, yes, AGREED!

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sparky71a View Post
    Interesting read...Anyone else heard of this problem with the Insignia?
    Mind you Arnie is in there again..........

http://www.autocar.co.uk/forums/t/3918.aspx?PageIndex=2

I've had other minor issues, but touch wood none of those mentioned.

Lovely car!

The early Vectra's had some serious issues when it was first released onto our roads, and in some area's certain engines can still be a little troublesome, though in fairness I would rate my old 56plate vec-c as being one of the best and most reliable cars I've owned. Its a lot of car for the money.
    Last edited by 67688c; 27th July 2009 at 22:49.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron43 View Post
    I've had other minor issues, but touch wood none of those mentioned.

Lovely car!
    Good stuff,i'm really looking for more of these positive findings from current owners,because when it's time to change I have my heart set on a 2.0t Insig.
    What i don't want to hear is that the model ends up having more probs than the vec,truthfully i'd be gutted.I have really no intention of leaving VX if i can help it.
    What were your minor issues?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I’ve had it couple months done nearly 3k not one problem, my own personal issues IE mirrors drop to low in reveres & reversing sensor buzzer is not very load when reversing, I am getting average of 42 mpg around town and bit of motorway so far at the moment I do prefer it over my vectra’s by long shot the ride & handling is great for big car.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sparky71a View Post
    Good stuff,i'm really looking for more of these positive findings from current owners,because when it's time to change I have my heart set on a 2.0t Insig.
    What i don't want to hear is that the model ends up having more probs than the vec,truthfully i'd be gutted.I have really no intention of leaving VX if i can help it.
    What were your minor issues?
    Minor issues really. New car delivered had 72 miles on clock, half a dozen chips on the car, and scratched console facia, so it put me off a wee bit at the start.
    Small minor things that barely warrant a mention like the left engine mount fracturing where it held the airbox. Other extremely minor issues have been creaks from the centre console and steering column, also creaks from the front overhead interior light unit
    Also reasonace noises vibrating through bulkhead. Oh... and I nearly forgot, the guys on here tell me the colour match on my front bumper is a different shade to the car, though in fairness I had not noticed, so not bothered about little issues like that.

Overall, very few issues really, I'm very pleased with the car, within a short time of driving it, you feel like its a quality made car.

I'm so impressed with it, I'm seriously thinking of sharing my joy with someone else, you would'nt like to buy it would you?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not had anything like that. Car was at the stealers today for a problem with the fuel flap, which seems to want to unlock when the car is locked or just won't play ball when the car is unlocked. True to form it behaved itself

They did do a software update for the car and the satnav though. Seems to have improved throttle response.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rockh View Post
    Not had anything like that. Car was at the stealers today for a problem with the fuel flap, which seems to want to unlock when the car is locked or just won't play ball when the car is unlocked. True to form it behaved itself

They did do a software update for the car and the satnav though. Seems to have improved throttle response.
    Thats typical matey, so it looks like going on a bit longer before they suss the problem out. 'I have seen your thread re. this issue on another forum'

I still have a starter motor issue which occasionally sounds as though its not releasing properly when it starts the engine. (whining noise) They said they had fixed it, but its exactly the same. It a very minor issue, and one I can live with. It also had to go in to have front and rear bumpers re-aligned as you could see the fastening clips where it lined up with body, it is much better now, and only has a slight gap, which is well within VX's tolerence so I'm told, so I'm dead pleased about that also.

Overall, purchasing this car has been one of my better decisions, I've slept much better, knowing I made a good choice, the whole expereince has been one of much satisfaction and joy. A superb car IMO.

Anyway... must go now matey, 2 men in white coats have just knocked the door.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My signum had to have its bumpers refitted because they were out. Nothing worse than the a good looking car being spoilt by someone who had a Monday or Friday moment.

Anyway... must go now matey, 2 men in white coats have just knocked the door.
    Day release finished ??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rockh View Post
    My signum had to have its bumpers refitted because they were out. Nothing worse than the a good looking car being spoilt by someone who had a Monday or Friday moment.

Day release finished ??
    Yes... they let me out occasionally..LOL

My front bumper on the drivers side is still not quite right IMO, but it seems its the best they can get it, I've noticed one or two Insignia's at the dealers where the bumper alignment could have been better, but I am considered as being fussy. However, I see nothing wrong in wanting things right, afterall its a fair amount of money.

The dealers quite lucky really because I cured all my centre console creaks myself, because I know how much time and patience is required to fix such issues, and time would have likely prevented them from doing it properly.

Mines pretty well sorted now, it drives superbly, totally silent now in the cabin, I'm currently very pleased with it, though it has taken me 2 months to get to this stage.
    I almost slung it back at them at one stage, but its now running very well, other than a sticking starter motor (occasional whine on starting) like its not dis-engaging properly, and TBH its not causing me any problems, so I'm not concerned about it. (they were supposed to have fixed it) so they can have another go at it next time its booked in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information