Thread: Re-Map

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Re-Map

Just wondering if its true what i heard...

If i get my SRi CDTi 1.9 (150) re-maped it can go to 210bhp.

If this is true where can i get it done n whats best place to get it done at & roughly how much will it be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by joe2187 View Post
    Just wondering if its true what i heard...

If i get my SRi CDTi 1.9 (150) re-maped it can go to 210bhp.

If this is true where can i get it done n whats best place to get it done at & roughly how much will it be.
    me too me too i wanna know please....

mate bsr is a name that keeps getting bounced around they are supposed to be good though around £495 i think if you decide to go with them or some one similar thats just as good let me know we may get a discount if we go together..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

in a word NO mate you will be lucky too achieve 190 bhp with either a remap or tuning box,the astra 150 cdti acheives higher bhp figures due too different fuel rail iirc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

never seen one hit that yet from just a remap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    in a word NO mate you will be lucky too achieve 190 bhp with either a remap or tuning box,the astra 150 cdti acheives higher bhp figures due too different fuel rail iirc
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    never seen one hit that yet from just a remap.
    borrowed this

The BSR remap is expensive, but it also includes the programmer (Keyed to your car only I'm afraid) which lets you restore the original map if you want to or the improved map as many times as you want.

The quoted minimum gain is from 150 to 186 bhp but this is just covering themselves. As has already been found with standard maps, most if not all cars are pushing more than the Vauxhall stated 150.

Maybe someone on here has had their car dyno'd with a BSR map before and after, would be interesting to see the results.

Stage 2 tuning is replacing the induction and exhaust systems with better performing parts, which takes the car to 200 bhp, there is also a second map available (Stage 3) but this requires downpipe changes and other components before the map is loaded.......

found this from thread marked should have done it along time ago......personally its still worth doing i reckon.............

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...t=85965&page=2
    Last edited by slick91; 27th July 2009 at 19:45. Reason: more info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Quote Originally Posted by slick91 View Post
    borrowed this

The BSR remap is expensive, but it also includes the programmer (Keyed to your car only I'm afraid) which lets you restore the original map if you want to or the improved map as many times as you want.

The quoted minimum gain is from 150 to 186 bhp but this is just covering themselves. As has already been found with standard maps, most if not all cars are pushing more than the Vauxhall stated 150.

Maybe someone on here has had their car dyno'd with a BSR map before and after, would be interesting to see the results.

Stage 2 tuning is replacing the induction and exhaust systems with better performing parts, which takes the car to 200 bhp, there is also a second map available (Stage 3) but this requires downpipe changes and other components before the map is loaded.......

BSR Only Do a stage 1 for the 1.9cdti 120 & 150's. The Stage 2's and stage 3's are for the 2.0T.. LINKY

On a rolling road last yr i got 187.5bhp from my 150, it only had 2000 miles on the clock from new at the time, so the remap had only actually been on the car for around 1000 miles or so..
    The only company i've seen claim 210 from a 1.9 150 cdti is celtic tuning... as said above though, its highly doubtful that you'll achieve anything over 185 / 190 from having a remap, airfilter, dual exit exhaust and a bigger intercooler alone..

from what i've read on here, fitting a bigger intercooler on the 1.9cdti increase torque not bhp..

If you want to see actual figures from various remaps take a look in the regional sections and look for past rolling road meets as figures from cars that run on the day will normally be posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 Vectra

Trim : SRi XP T Saphirre Black

Engine : z20net

Year : 2007

Mileage : 80k

Mines in at MPG in Middlewich at this very minute (1.9 150 cdti) They seem to think that with the EDS remap on it, the car will be near as dam it 200bhp, and around 300lb torque...

Who knows, but i trust them, and they know their stuff, will reveal all later

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

DOn't know why everyone raves on about bhp in a diesel, its torque that gives you the acceleration until high rpm, which in a diesel you just don't reach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    DOn't know why everyone raves on about bhp in a diesel, its torque that gives you the acceleration until high rpm, which in a diesel you just don't reach.
    Not true.
    In layman's terms torque is the turning force and power is the turning force multiplied by the rate at which things are turning. The thing that matters is the power that the engine is producing. It's power that accelerates you and drives you along.

Even in a diesel you get maximum acceleration by keeping the engine in the power band. Typically in a 1.9cdti this is around the 3500-4000 rpm mark.

In simple terms you will get maximum acceleration by holding the gears into the power band, not by changing up for the maximum torque. Don't get me wrong - of course torque matters a lot but it is the engine power that gives the performance.

See http://www.epi-eng.com/piston_engine...and_torque.htm if you're interested.

(Yeah! I know..... anorak )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my 3.0 is finished by 4250rpm as all the power is spent. I still maintain that torque is more important unless its a tuned petrol as in a diesel the bhp power band is so narrow compared to a petrol.

Also taken from your link:
    POWER (the rate of doing WORK) is dependent on TORQUE and RPM.
    TORQUE and RPM are the MEASURED quantities of engine output.
    POWER is CALCULATED from torque and RPM, by the following equation:

So power is nothing with out torque.
    Last edited by Big Sig; 28th July 2009 at 11:28.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information