Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default power tune

ok guys, ive been talking to the guys from power-tune.net, he is on holiday at the mo but heres a reply to one of my emails.

Martyn,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I am am trvelling around at the moment through Australia and just arrived in Singapore last night.
    Perhaps there is a problem with the car and that is why you have a flat spot. The Egr valves are not great on these cars and can get clogged up which will result in poor performance and poor MPG.
    The other issue is that when using a Tuning box it makes the cats glogg up or if you have a DPF fitted in the exhaust. ( Diesel Particulate Filter ) Both of these will cause issues like you are experiencing.
    Have you had any management warning lights on, and does it sometimes come on then go off?.
    Have you had the diesel fuel filter changed recently. If not this will also cause a problem as the car cant get enough fuel through to the common rail.
    I can and will do a free Diagagnostic check for you to see if the engine has any problems but it does not always show up some of the issues that I have mentioned. Dont mind having a look at the car for you free of charge to you.
    You should get an easy 40MPG from this car in standard form and over 50MPG if driven carefully.
    About the mention on the Forum we could discuss this when I get back and sort something out for you.
    If you are looing for a live remap. IE A rolling road run before and after then I can do this for you. What I will do for you is to provide you with a Custom Remap specificly written for your car in order to provide the best performance and MPG.
    All of the work that I do is 100% custom remaps. I dont use in any way whatsoever standard files that are just a one size fits all programme. By providing you a custom remap we look at all of the Adaption Data that is stored in the ecu and write a custom map around this to ensure the best possible performance and keep it all very safe in order that you dont get problems down the line.
    Also to get very technical you cant LIVE MAP this car or a lot of other cars as they need a full date programme in the ecu called a Flash in order for the car to even start. So in essense the car cant have little bits of the programme altered when say on a rolling road or live mapped whilst driving.
    If you can wait until I get home then we can meet up and have a look at you car to star with then I can take you through all off the detail that you need to before decieding if you would like me to do your car.
    If you dont then thats not a problem. I will still give you my opinion and it will not cost you anything if you deciede that you want the car done on a rolling road.
    Let me call you when I am back in the UK and we can sort it all out.
    Hope thats ok for you.
    Regards Joe

i think i will almost defo be using this guy as it sounds great!, i currently have my eco3 off the car and it feels smooth..? will keep you posted lads.
    Martyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

is this the guy thats in bothwell mate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it sure is dude, the guy seems very nice. i'll let you know how i get on if you want?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

Quote Originally Posted by twaiter View Post
    it sure is dude, the guy seems very nice. i'll let you know how i get on if you want?
    i emailed him before about remapping and he sounds like he knows his stuff,mind you im sure the guy that emailed me was called joe bolger,im sure there is a guy down there called martin but iiirc he was more into car sterios but i could be wrong,also one of the members on here gazza140 bought a tuning box off him and it was fine again iirc mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im going to see joe tomorrow, dont really know what to do, ive still got the eco3 but dont know if the remap is actually gonna make any differance.
    just dont want to waste money..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

Difference to what mate, the box.... they are very much different, a decent remap and the car will drive like standard (nice and smooth) until you put your foot down and unleash that extra power, with the box, the ECU isn't getting the correct picture hence why most of them cause uneven running and poor mpg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default .

hi guys, just back from power-tune.
    Joe is a cracking guy! very knowledgeable, interesting and genuine!

first off, got to the garage for half 9, i met joe and he started talking about my car and telling me about the egr pin seizing etc and said he does alot on these engines.

he then took my car for a drive and said "it feels good, fairly quick etc" this is with the DTUK box on the car.

we got back to the garage and i told him i wasnt willing to pay £300 due to my situation, he said he would do it for £250 (near the same price as the dtuk box).

so we got chatting and i found out he had 2 O2 mobile contracts and as i work with them i asked if i got him a 30% discount would he go to £200, and he agreed.

so after the map was on i took it a wee spin.. i wasnt overly impressed tbh.
    the box felt more.. livley!

Joe did say it takes a good few miles to get the propper settings and everything adjusted, so ive only done about 10-15miles but instantly the mpg has went up a few! and the power is started to feel good.
    So for £200 i cant complain.

ive to return on monday so i can pay if im happy with it
    i will keep you upto date.
    Martyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Update:

rite guys put 10litres of bp-ultimate in, again driving nice n smooth ive covered 41miles with some motorway at 65mph, and the needle is in the middle of red and quarter. i let it get very near the bottom of the red before filling up to get a good idea.

the computer has said my average is 52mpg. now that just cant be right or else my fual gauge wouldnt be were it is! damn obc!
    so im hopefully gonna cover the rest of my usual 40 miles by tonight and see where the needles at.

ive also stuck my cold air feed back on aswell to see if this helps.
    martyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

You really need to brim to get any idea of what its doing, you can't go off little bits put in here and there.....

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information