Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused 2.2 sri

right im on other sites but my wife just bought this & im trying to sort out the problems........

1.can anyone help when you press traction control on it only lights up but doesnt come on.
    2.i reset the service/spanner light & it works showing next service basically in 21,000 but it comes back on with-in half hour or so with the spanner again..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If the spanner light is coming on (with no oil can) while driving, it means the engine has recorded a fault. You will need to get the code read to find out what the problem is. It could be nothing, but best to get it checked.

You could read the code yourself if you have, or can borrow, a code reader. A main dealer will charge about £40 to read the code. A good local garage may read the code for next to nothing, if they have the equipment.

There is a free way to read codes, but doesn't work on all Vectras:
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81742

As for the Traction control, the switch on the dashboard is to turn the traction control off (when lit). It is on by default. Looking at your car, I don't think this switch would have been fitted by Vauxhall, as it is generally considered an after fitment by enthusiasts. If this is the case, you may find the switch is for decoration only, and doesn't actually do anything.

This means if your car does have traction control, you can't turn it off. Start the car (don't press T/C switch), and try and do a wheel spin - what happens. Traction control will stop you from wheel spinning. I'm not sure Traction Control was so common on more recent models. What model is the car?
    Last edited by Swaite53; 27th July 2009 at 08:38.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

there is no faults coming up on the code reader.. & forget the traction control issue my wife must be drunk... its the cruise control that does that doesnt work.. it lights up when pressed but goes straight out again. is there any way of testing this or is it a case of just change switches on brake/clutch pedal & indicator stalk & hope it solves it???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Cruise control faults are generally related to a weak clutch pedal return spring. I think there is a how2 showing how to replace it.

Easiest way to test it is to lift the pedals with your foot and if the CC then works, that'll be the problem.

Also the CC won't work until the brake pedal has been pressed for the first time into a journey.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Cruise control faults are generally related to a weak clutch pedal return spring. I think there is a how2 showing how to replace it.

Easiest way to test it is to lift the pedals with your foot and if the CC then works, that'll be the problem.

Also the CC won't work until the brake pedal has been pressed for the first time into a journey.
    cheers for that will give it a try later on..

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my vectra did the cc thing it was the stalk you can clean it while its attachedj ust be carfull my dads clutch pedal went it was really cheap from vauxhall,if you fit it has an adjuster on the switch which may need adjusting for your pedal the tip pulls in and out

Thread Information