User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Church Stretton-Long Mynd. Insignia Pics + pics of Bumper Colour Mis-match

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Church Stretton-Long Mynd. Insignia Pics + pics of Bumper Colour Mis-match

Took the wife for a short run to Ludlow, Church Stretton, Carding Mill Valley, and went up on top of the Long Mynd yesterday afternoon. Not been up for many years. Some fantastic scenery.

Cars running quite well now it got 2.8k miles on it, managed to get rid of most of the console creaks, (had to do same with vec-c).
    So I'm starting to be a little bit more satisfied with the car, though I'm still unsure whether I shall keep it.

Its a shame Vauxhall/Opel cannot seem to get decent paint matching on their cars and bumpers. My vec-c was the same, and depending on how the light hits the car it looks bad on some shots. Its obvious that the camera appears to make it more noticable, as its definately barely noticable to me, with no discerning difference at all most of the time.

I noticed and read 'vecy boy' thread on his white bumpers which look really bad and obviously more noticable. IME White can be a awkward colour to match properly at the best of times.

On mine TBH I really only seem to notice any difference when I take a pic of the car, most of the time there is no visible difference, so I can't see them doing anything about it.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looks a nice day out was had by you both nice pics & must say if anything the front end is the one that stands out in the pics hth ............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I notice too, on those pics above that if you look closely, on one pic the front bumper looks a shade lighter, and on another it looks too dark...LOL

Its obviously because the bumpers are not sprayed at the same time as the car, so any paint pigment differences which must occur when mix is not from the same batch. Then it becomes visible under certain lighting.

Possibly even such things as the way its sprayed, angle etc. may make differences under certain lighting especially with metalics etc. Perhaps it has a grain..LOL...not good though.

One of the worst cars I ever had for this was a Red Cortina years ago, especially under artificial lighting at night, some panels looked orange, it was really bad. A company car so I was not bothered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

You will also probably also notice it under a sreet light

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

can't see the difference but then that's one of the few advantages of being colourblind.... lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by deanos View Post
    You will also probably also notice it under a sreet light

Since the OP I've made a point of looking to see if it showed up much under various types of street lighting and I'm pleased to say I could not see any noticable difference. Looked okay to me.

Thread Information