Regular Member scott_150cdtisri's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Stereo nightmare help!

right here goes! after much deciding a couple of months ago i bought the dension fm modulator for my cd30 as it was the only way i could connect my ipod, i have now come to a conclusion its not all that good! i get a bit of hissing/background noise and like many of you i like my music perfect. so after my waste of money i am now seeing what my options are for a aftermarket one and hopefully this is where u all come in! i know a lot of you have the pioneer one which is very nice but its blue not orange and i already have a parrot car kit but havent ruled it out as the wife could have the parrot kit!. i wish to keep the display and steering controls(the two wheel type) need to connect ipod with control from head unit/steering wheel sat nav would be fab but my wallet is small! and i want a secure one so thieves stay away so what are my options

cheers guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 31000

hi mate i have just installed a pioneer avh-p5700 touch screen dvd player the sound quality out this head unit is awesome all so has face of and is screwed in to the dash. i am going to get to buy a pioneer avic 900 sat nav box that hooks up to the head unit once the wallet allows lol plus you can hook up an ipod with no hassle as there is a plug on the back plus i can change the colour from green to red to match the car interior lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ive got a kenwood and for about £200 pounds you should be able to get a set up (the whole lot) to control your ipod and keep the steering controls but you will loose the display

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if u lose the display u still get the computer info dont you, because if i remember i had my stereo disconnected once and i could still get the fuel computer etc. i`m liking the pioneer one more each time i see it , i used to have a kenwood mask and i loved it because you didnt take the front off so u didnt have to carry it around!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yes you still get the rest of the display,just loose the radio display

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thats not too bad then i know u havent got the pioneer one but will i be able to hear a big difference in sound quality i need some one to come on here that has one so i know what parts i need and does they pioneer one do the display and whati need for my ipod does it charge the ipod. i`ve always had kenwoods in the past but i think the silver goes really well with the dashboard !
    ive just found this whats the difference in this (deh-p75bt) and the 70bt that everyone else has?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/4756.html
    Last edited by scott_150cdtisri; 16th May 2006 at 18:53.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hello Scott

I got your PM but thought I'd reply on here in case the info is useful for anyone else. No worries for all the questions... I was in your shoes a few months ago...

1) Steering controls..
    I haven't got mine working yet. You need an extra part:
    called: CA-R-PI.152 as detailed here
    Pioneer Document .

They sell them on the continent Adaptor but I think that there is someone on here that can sell them.

I thought I would start off using the supplied remote which attaches to the steering wheel. I do use it but to be honest I'll probably look at getting that adaptor in the near future as I prefer the standard buttons on the wheel.

The steering wheel adaptor does do things like hang up phone calls too but you can do that on the head unit or phone also so wouldn't be any great loss.

2) Model
    I have the P70BT. I haven't seen the 75BT before ... it is an 06 model... and not even showing on the Pioneer Europe site yet:

Pioneer Car Hifi

There doesn't seem to be a huge difference in spec though between that and mine (I can't notice any) but the new one looks a little nice I think.

3) The surround of the head unit is a near perfect match for the dash surround and matched well if you get the right harness kit from VX. Model:

metallic charcoal effect p/no 9163251 £28.50 + p&p

4) I don't have an IPod wired as I use an IRiver and I don't think the IPod adaptor is compatible, but I should think the IPod connection would be good. There is an auxillary input adaptor you can get which I might use for my IRiver. I have burnt a CD-R with about 130 of my fave MP3 tracks and leave on random and that is doing me for now.

All in all I love the head unit. The blue isn't to everyone's taste but I think it looks really nice.

The handsfree function is great. My Nokia 6280 connects automatically as soon as I get in the car and the reception and clarity is good on the calls.

As for sound.. it took me a few weeks to get a sound set up that I like as there are lots of adjustments but I can honestly say it is a HUGE improvement in quality and I love driving my car more now just to listen to some music. I was surprised how much better the change of head unit made the sound - the speakers are actually good in the Vec.

Fitting was a bit fiddly, especially running the mic for the handsfree but it can be done OK with patience. I am no expert but managed it OK.

Hope that helps...PM me if you need any more info.

Edit:
    As for the trip computer... you lose the CD/MP3 track info etc from the LCD (I think that there is an adaptor to keep this or that Pioneer one may even do it [don't quote me on that though]) but you still have full use of all of the trip functions and date and time (although need to reconnect CD30 to change the date/time !!)
    Last edited by Rikkiola; 16th May 2006 at 20:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks for that rikki it was a great help and if i have any more questions i`ll let you know mate, off the top of your head do you know the cheapest place to get or do you think i should wait for the 75bt or is it not really woth it as i think it is more expensive anyway, i think that steering wheel lead is going to be a nightmare to get hold of!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hello Scott

You're welcome

The part is something similar to what they sell on incarexpress.co.uk

look here

but I think that this is for the earlier models. It might be worth contacting them as they may be able to get hold of the 152 part.

Also keep an eye on this thread... which ironically I have just found doing a search and it was marked for my attention !!

Adaptor Locating

As for buying... I think incarexpress was the cheapest I found and it is now about £20 or £30 cheaper than when I bought it (perhaps with the release of the 75BT?).

I'd have no qualms recommending the 70BT and it is cheaper but if you want the latest model then might be worth the extra although I can't see any major differences in the spec.

Ahhh...just found the thread I was looking for...

take a look at this thread

may be of help

good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well i definitly think im going to get the 70bt if anyone does get the steering control please let us know does anyone know what the diffence in functions are between the infra red and the hard wire controls is i.e the "the two inportant phone functions" i read somewhere about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information