User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn : Any Vx Vehicle Technicians? (HPFP Z22YH)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Attn : Any Vx Vehicle Technicians? (HPFP Z22YH)

If there are any Vx vehicle technicians out there, can you please provide any feedback on what the proper, manufacturer's procedure is for dealing with a faulty high pressure fuel pump?

I am not looking to get anyone into bother/trouble, I just want to know what is exactly involved repalcing one of these units.I have been reading up on this issue for some time now and since I look to have another issue 15 months after a new pump was fitted, I want to ensure if another new one is required, that everything is done to ensure it doesnt fail. So far I have read that

1) Fuel system should be cleaned as a faulty/failed pump could potentially contaminate the system leading to other issues (injectors)
    2) A new fuel pressure regulator should be fitted at the same time along with a new pipe (old one tends to get damaged when removing)
    3) There was an issue with these pumps and a new, improved pump is now availble (how do you know if a pump is the newer version?).It's common sense to assume Vx would use a part that is in stock and on a shelf, regardless how long it has been there.£500 a year to replace failing pumps is not on

I checked with my Vx dealer today and in Janaury last year, I had a new pump fitted then a new O2 sensor fitted a few days later (possibly unrelated).However, I never had a new fuel pressure regulator fitted and it was never mentioned about possible contamination of fuel and what actually happens when a pump breaks down. What is worrying is that anything that breaks away from the internals of this pump is going to directly enter the fuel system.I would class this as a major problem and many of these pumps have failed and I dont think Vauxhall have been very forthcoming with any information.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

in a petrol any fuel contaminant will get into the fuel tank and hopefully be got by the filter .... the pumps as far as im aware dont break up inside they fail in a seal related manner not break up , lately we have been only fitting pumps and have been getting away with it so to speak ....... if you had a new pump 15 months ago it would have been replaced with a like for like "faulty" pump ...all pumps from about feb this year are a new modified pump so hopefully wont go faulty , all pumps before that have been scraped by vx dealers and vx .....so any new pump will be from feb on .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the reply Benny.

Where does that leave the 'unsuspecting' customer though that has forked out for a repair only to have another faulty unit fitted and, admittedly, known by Vauxhall (going by their decision to scrap all the old units).Surely the owner/customer must have some sort of comeback in this instance?

Also,does that mean if I go into my local dealer tomorrow and part with the best part of £400, I am guaranteed to get the latest version of the pump? How would I know this is the case?

(just playing Devil's Advocate - not trying to be cheeky)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the pumps were taken from the dealers by vx and scrapped ...so you will get a new one but i think the date is printed on the label on the rear ...... vx didnt know they were faulty till this year so they fitted pumps in good faith no one has any come back on pumps fitted that were like for like .....unfortunatly if the pump fails you have to pay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks again

My issue is weird and it points to the HPFP although today the car was fine.Yesterday on the motorway, car was rough, like running on 3 cylinders, the emission light came on.Had to pull into the side and restart the engine.All ok ???? Usually a mechanical fail is pretty much permanent (unless something is sticking), but the symptoms on the motorway yesterday were similar to the symptoms when my pump went the last time.

Probably try a fuel pressure regualtor 1st, but it will be a guessing game.Last on the list will be that pesky pump !!! Probably cheaper going the process of elimination route rather than using the Dealer

Benny - thanks mate. You have at least cleared up my concerns if it comes to getting a new pump.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    the pumps were taken from the dealers by vx and scrapped ...so you will get a new one but i think the date is printed on the label on the rear ...... vx didnt know they were faulty till this year so they fitted pumps in good faith no one has any come back on pumps fitted that were like for like .....unfortunatly if the pump fails you have to pay
    Benny is there any id on pumps at all apart from the lable as you have pointed out .........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

meant to ask.......

Is it still a 'Siemens' pump?

Benny, is it worth my while trying the regulator or am I 'doing the toilet into the wind' so to speak?

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by johnmac View Post
    meant to ask.......

Is it still a 'Siemens' pump?

Benny, is it worth my while trying the regulator or am I 'doing the toilet into the wind' so to speak?
    That's what my HPFP is, but also see no marking on the regulator not wishing to by the way but contributing I hope ...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The modified HP fuel pumps appeared during the late summer/early autumn of 2008, they were certainly available in January 2009 when mine was changed.

Modified fuel pressure regulators became available in late March 2009, and despite being assured that a modified version was fitted then I discovered yesterday that it was actually not to the new standard. It duly failed in mid May 2009. The part fitted on 2nd June 2009 was definitely to the new standard, so I will be interested to see whether it lasts more than the average 2 months that the previous 7 regulators have lasted me.

HTH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information