Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down Just Test Drove Insignia...

Hi Guys,

I've had my vec for 7 months now and I love it - but curiosity got the better of me and I had to go for a test drive in the insignia to see what all the fuss is about!

Salesman was very helpful and let me drive for about 15 minutes!!

First impressions were - really nice interior, nicely laid out, feels comfortable ... but....

I'm 6'2 and when my seat is in my normal driving position I can go into the back seat and have plenty of knee room. However in the insignia I did the same thing after driving and my knees were hitting the chair in front!

I also found it quite difficult to get in and out of the back seats - but can easily and quickly slot into the back seats in my vec.

It didnt have a sunglasses holder - didn't have rear cup holders, didn't have a big map reading light, (all of which my vec has) ... and I also found the arm rest rather hard and irritating!

And I don't know if its just me but I drove the 1.8 Exclusiv Insignia and I felt that mine had alot more power to give. The ride comfort was great but the same as it is in my vec and it handled just as good as my vec but no better either!

A small thing I didn't like was the indicators - I like the vecs indicators as they are different to other cars - the insignia's indicators work like every other car now!

The boot seems smaller than the vecs as well - plus one thing that annoyed me was that there are no side compartments in the insignia like you get in the boot of the vec - where I keep all my car cleaning stuff such as hoover and wipes, car oil etc!... with the insignia it would all be rolling around the boot!

All in all I concluded that I did not see what all the fuss is about and it seems like they have went backwards with the basic spec and it felt alot smaller inside than my vec ... so I have decided to stick with what I have!

Has anyone got any thoughts they would like to add?!

Cheers!
    Last edited by joejdx; 18th July 2009 at 11:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

seats felt like the mondeo ones, and i just didnt like them,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by joejdx View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've had my vec for 7 months now and I love it - but curiosity got the better of me and I had to go for a test drive in the insignia to see what all the fuss is about!

Salesman was very helpful and let me drive for about 15 minutes!!

First impressions were - really nice interior, nicely laid out, feels comfortable ... but....

I'm 6'2 and when my seat is in my normal driving position I can go into the back seat and have plenty of knee room. However in the insignia I did the same thing after driving and my knees were hitting the chair in front!

I also found it quite difficult to get in and out of the back seats - but can easily and quickly slot into the back seats in my vec.

It didnt have a sunglasses holder - didn't have rear cup holders, didn't have a big map reading light, (all of which my vec has) ... and I also found the arm rest rather hard and irritating!

And I don't know if its just me but I drove the 1.8 Exclusiv Insignia and I felt that mine had alot more power to give. The ride comfort was great but the same as it is in my vec and it handled just as good as my vec but no better either!

A small thing I didn't like was the indicators - I like the vecs indicators as they are different to other cars - the insignia's indicators work like every other car now!

The boot seems smaller than the vecs as well - plus one thing that annoyed me was that there are no side compartments in the insignia like you get in the boot of the vec - where I keep all my car cleaning stuff such as hoover and wipes, car oil etc!... with the insignia it would all be rolling around the boot!

All in all I concluded that I did not see what all the fuss is about and it seems like they have went backwards with the basic spec and it felt alot smaller inside than my vec ... so I have decided to stick with what I have!

Has anyone got any thoughts they would like to add?!

Cheers!
    I personally would not recommend the Insignia either, especially if one has the 150 vec-c, you may find the 1.8vvt Insignia a little under powered for the weight of the car.

The storage space in the front of the Insignia is a lot less than the vectra, and AYS it does not have the sunglasses holder. It does have map reading lights as standard, and a little more storage options for the rear passengers, the rear cup holders are in the rear centre armrest together with a storage compartment, with decent size door pockets and cup holders in the rear doors too.

There is in fact 2" more leg room in the rear, depending on the position of the front seats, but from rear seat to dash there is 2" more.
    Overall the Insignia is almost 9" longer than a Vec-c and 2" wider, figures taken from both manuals. The car has issue's but a lack of space is not one of them.

Handling wise, the Insignia is much firmer and far more rigid, I actually prefered the softer ride of the Vec-c, but without a doubt I can say the Insignia handles far better through fast bends. I have the Exclusiv with the 18" 245 alloys and IMO I think the ride is too firm.

Re. The indicators, I think VX was right in reverting back to a standard indicator stalk, one can always tell a new vec owner, when the driver sometimes switches the opposite side when cancelling them...lol

I'm am not overly keen on the appearance of the Hatchback rear end, and AYS why VX put cheap straps instead of proper boot side pockets is beyond me.

I would agree that in some areas the Insignia is a step backwards.
    The dash design is smart but even that requires that you need gloves when operating any switches as the finish marks very easily and shows up all the dust.

What annoys me in particular is the fact that VX have decided in their wisdom to leave off certain simple basic features like window operation from the remote keyfob on the Exlusiv models or any model with just the 2 electric windows, and also dropped other features which are even found on basic Corsa's costing half as much money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Not a Vauxhall

Trim : Not a Vauxhall

Engine : Not a Vauxhall

Year : 2017

Got any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I did hear that there was supposed to be more room inside the insignia - and it must have just been me - don't know if its maybe the more "surrounding" layout of the dash that maybe makes it seem smaller to me.

I didn't open the rear armrest so that would explain that then! ... and I hate the view from the back of the insignia. I also think the badge at the front is far too big.

I do know people who love it and would say alot against the vec but its each to their own as well - and personally I'll stick with the vec for a couple of yours and who knows what might be developed over the coming years!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski View Post
    Got any pictures?
    Not the best pics but one or two I had taken.

Couple of pics in this thread too.

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...=75541&page=10

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I did hear that there was supposed to be more room inside the insignia - and it must have just been me - don't know if its maybe the more "surrounding" layout of the dash that maybe makes it seem smaller to me.

I didn't open the rear armrest so that would explain that then! ... and I hate the view from the back of the insignia. I also think the badge at the front is far too big.

I do know people who love it and would say alot against the vec but its each to their own as well - and personally I'll stick with the vec for a couple of yours and who knows what might be developed over the coming years!!
    The wife says its feels like she has more room because of the way the dash is designed, so no complaints in that area other than the easily marked finish on the buttons, but you cant have everything...LOL each to their own opinions.

I would agree with you regarding the front badge, I too think its far too large and would have looked better and less tacky if they had made it much smaller. I've been considering selling this one and getting something else myself, but am waiting for the new plates to come out in September, either way it will cost more money and a loss on this one of course.
    Whatever I decide to get, it will definately be a diesel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Signum

Trim : Sport

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 12/03

I test drove 3 Insignia's. A 2.0CDTi 160, a 130 and a 2.8 4x4.

The 160 and 2.8 had leather seats and were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more comfortable than the normal ones. Don't go for the automatic either. The gearchanges in the 160 and 2.8 were a bit jerky sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It struck me when I viewed it as a car like a Spitfire plane set up for the pilot only, I like the car but as a working car for me it's gonna be a no no.

Cameron, check a Passat out, not as up to the minute but a good looker with room inside, if it needs to be a hatch I think the new Avensis is the one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No it's not just you. I had a good look around and inside one in a showroom; didn't like the enclosed "feel" when sat in the driver's seat, and I found the back seats cramped - I thought the rear headroom was particularly poor, compared to my Vectra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information