0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 estate

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2008

Thanks Plasma mate, that's a good half of the answer I was hoping for. But I guess that trick isn't permanently programmed? I will have to get into the habit of remembering that one before I get out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 estate

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2008

Don't know whether this was mentioned earlier - from the rear right seat (at least with my Veccy estate), press the interior light switch half way between off and constant on and the front interior light light up as well.

Must be something to do with keeping the back seat drivers feeling like they are in control (like that Clarkson fella).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : gts

Engine : 1.8i

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by ulsternush View Post
    Sons Vectra will put the windows up via the key but not down, does anyone know a fix for this?
    No idea but i can do both down and up, except the driver side rear window doesn't full close wile the rest does? ;D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : ls

Engine : 1800 non vvt

Year : 2004

Mileage : 167340

useful for new members

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : Diesel 150 bhp

Year : 07

1 - Windows go up or down if you push and hold the open or close buttons on keyfob.

2 - Disconnect the speaker in boot for alarm to have horn go off instead

3 - Open drivers door and flash headlights and the front lights and reverse lights will stay on for 30secs

4 - If you have sight and light pack (or Auto Wipers) the windows go up themselves if it rains while your out of the car.

5 - Sit in the car hold the lock button on the key and lock button on the door for about 10seconds until a beep occurs for anti-hijack door locking

6 - Rear windscreen wiper sweeps when in reverse when front wipers are on

7 - If 1 of your brake lights fail the ECU uses another bulb in the cluster (red 1 of course)

8 - If you have electric memory seats then the car remembers the position of the seat, door mirrors and internal mirror for each key fob and adjusts them all back to that setting when each key unlocks the car.

9 - Parking lights

The front parking light and tail light of one side of the vehicle can be activated when parking:

1. Set light switch to 0 or AUTO .

2. Ignition off.

3. Move turn signal stalk all the way up (right parking light) or down (left parking light).

An acoustic signal sounds and control indicator <> illuminates briefly in the instrument cluster to indicate activation.

Remove the ignition key before leaving the vehicle.

To switch it off, switch on the ignition or move the turn signal stalk in the opposite direction.

10 - Press auto switch on ECC after you stopped the engine, it will activate residual air conditioning.

11 - Hold the 'SETTINGS' or 'MAIN' button for 10 seconds/until a beep is heard on the stereo and then press the BC button to cycle through the hidden screens.

One of the items in one of hidden screens shows U-Term-30 (or similar, it's in the top of a right hand column) and this displays the voltage at the battery, so you can get an idea about the battery condition and how well the alternator is working.

12 - If you don't have a TC switch then this may work on your car, it does on mine... With the engine running flick the ignition off and on quickly so it still runs. All the normal warning lights come on and then go off except the TC light this stays on and voila! TC is off!!

13 - On full CANBUS cars, when the fuel is low and !!RANGE!! appears, hold the round selector wheel down on the steering wheel to acknowledge the message and get your normal info display back. (this works with other info, such as low washer fluid level as well.)

14 - Radio Ignition On Logic is programmed per key.

15 - One-press unlocking of all doors can be programmed similar to 5 above, but use Unlock button on the key fob.

16 - Wipers can be set to a vertical position after switching off the ignition (with the key in the ignition hold down the wiper stalk for a few seconds and release it when they are in the right position).

17 - The manual is a mine of useful information

18 - If you unlock the car but do not open a door or the boot within about a minute the car will lock it's self again

19 - If you don't fit lowering springs then at least one spring WILL snap

20 - If you don't put fuel in you will run out

21 - Man go to bed with itchy bum, he wakes up with smelly finger !

22 - Remember Duncan posting this. If you have climate control (ECC), and you press in the rotating fan button, you get the option to adjust where the air blows.

23 - If you press the Un-lock button on the keyfob for more than 3 sec, the electric windows will open

24 - If you press the Lock-button on the keyfob for 3 sec, the windows will close/you can partly close the windows by stop pressing the button before windows fully closed.

25 - For cars with Bluetooth and climate control-if the fan is set to auto and you receive or make a call the fan will blow more quietly. Also works with some aftermarket handsfree kits when the headunit is on mute.

26 - Dualzone climate temp sync: when both temp-regulators are at same temp, push the drivers regulator once. Then you will get same temperature on both sides as long as you only adjust with the drivers knob. Handy when you mainly use the car alone. As soon as the passengers knob is used, the sync will stop and reverting back to normal operation.

27 - Passenger side mirror to flip down when reverse (For models with seats with memory) When button for adjusting passenger side mirror is selected in drivers door panel, the mirror will flip down when reversing, and of course going back to normal position when not reversing.

28 - When you want to cruise outside England, just put any maxi fuse in the 37 slot of the engine bay fuse box. This will switch your headlights as if the car was a left hand drive. (I think this only works with AFL option, but you might try with the other versions too).

29 - If like me you found the rain sensor not working to well, just open the plastic casing behind the rear view mirror and disconnect the plug....this will return the wipers to normal operating mode (i.e. you can adjust to how often you want them to come on with the roller)

30 - The filling neck of the Washer Bottle pulls off to allow better access to back of the front light cluster.

31 - Starting the engine 4 times in a row, resets the emission warning light.

32 - If, like me, you lose one touch window open/close overnight, sit in car with ignition on, lower each window, close window then hold button for three seconds once closed. Hey presto, one touch open/close reinstated.

33 - If you want side lights and front fogs on only, switch on headlights, switch on front fogs then switch back to sidelights. Doesn't work other way round, (ie sidelights first then front fogs).

34 - The drivers settings are stored to a specific key upon locking the car (climate control settings, seat & mirror positions, maybe more), so that your last settings are automatically enganged when unlocking and openening the drivers door (seat and mirror position only with memory package), i.e. the drivers seat will move into your last position when car is unlocked and drivers door is opened.

35 - On the back of the petrol flap just above the valve cap tool there is a plastic slide holster to hold the petrol cap when you fill up, no excuse for leaving the petrol cap on the petrol pump now

35A - The grey plastic thingy clipped inside the fuel filler cap is actually for removing the dust caps from the wheel valve's to check the tyre pressures. It is NOT a handy place to leave your cigarette whilst refuelling.

36. Open glovebox. RTFM that should be located inside said glovebox.

37. If you have dead main battery and you try to crank the engine, it sounds factory car alarm horn instead of starter relay clicking. (Scared **** of me, because I was messing with wires)

38. If your handbrake slips and the locked car rolls the hazard lights come on on their own.

39. The brake lights strobe under heavy braking.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. Likes Johnsdutton, bigswede liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Signum

Engine : Z19DT

Year : 2007

Eek There is more behind settings mode

Everybody knows this one right :
    11 - Hold the 'SETTINGS' or 'MAIN' button for 10 seconds/until a beep is heard on the stereo and then press the BC button to cycle through the hidden screens...

But there is more ,
    if in diagnostic mode you
    press 'AUDIO' twice ,or 'NAVI' twice, (instead of BC ) you also get a lot of info about audio and navi. There is even an option for a EEPROM reset on the radio. ( offcourse haven't tried that )

8. Likes bibu16v, NeilGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Signum

Engine : Z19DT

With one key in the ignition, you can't use the other keyfob to close or open the doors.
    So in winter , start engine, close door with other key , and return inside whilst the car is heating uo a bit , does not work. Well at least you can't close the doors with a keyfob.

10. Thanks NeilGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR x2

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Mileage : 75,000

Quote Originally Posted by Loachi1105 View Post
    Everybody knows this one right :
    11 - Hold the 'SETTINGS' or 'MAIN' button for 10 seconds/until a beep is heard on the stereo and then press the BC button to cycle through the hidden screens...

But there is more ,
    if in diagnostic mode you
    press 'AUDIO' twice ,or 'NAVI' twice, (instead of BC ) you also get a lot of info about audio and navi. There is even an option for a EEPROM reset on the radio. ( offcourse haven't tried that )

it doesn’t reset eeprom as you think…..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.9CDTI 150

Engine : Diesel

Year : 06

Two most useful tricks it took a long time to learn.

There’s a setting to not have Radio4 come on full blast every time you turn the key.

There’s a Winter Start setting that prioritises power to the starter motor before the other less useful things like mirrors and radio.

Of course I only found the second one after I bought a new battery. Could have done with that when the old one was weak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SW Elegance II Sapphire Black

Engine : Z18XER

Mileage : 170k km

@TJP
    Could you be more specific? About Winter Start setting?Where I can find it?

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread Information