Sorry for the delay in posting everyone but I’ve been rather busy with everything but thought I’d better update you fine people about the big BBQ meet.
Date: Saturday 8th August
Venue: St Andrew’s Beach (Far end of West Sands Road)
As I’ve mentioned before some of the other Vauxhall clubs attending/ contacted are:
Scottish Vauxhall Owners Club
Astra Owners Club
Corsa C UK
Corsa D UK
Vauxhall Owners Network
Astra Owners Network
Vauxhall Vectra Owners Club
Hopefully this should be a good turn out with good friends, good food and good banter. Last years BBQ was a big success and we hope to make this year even better. This meet, as always, is a family oriented event with kids being welcomed as much as the older ones.
It would be BYOB and BYOF and we’ll provide the BBQ’s (real) and disposable’s.
There have been some conditions and restrictions set by Fife Council regarding this event.
- No Party shall extend beyond 12 MIDNIGHT.
- Absolutely NO lighting of fires. This is categorically prohibited. Disposable BBQ's ARE permitted.
- All music must be kept to a tolerable level and not cause a nuisance to other beach users.
- Fireworks are NOT permitted.
- No Alcohol or food is to be resold at this event.
- All Rubbish must be collected from the Beach and placed for collection next to a Litter Bin, or taken home.
- Stay within the confides of the beach and parking area. Please do not wander on to the golf course.
- Ensure you keep your vehicles/stands/groups beyond the LAST (third) roundabout on West Sands Road.
- You must comply with the terms of the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and in particular the provisions in Part 3 relating to the need to exercise access rights responsibly.
Please ensure you abide by the rules and regulations to keep this a safe and enjoyable event. Any person or persons not complying with the rules will be asked to leave. The Police will be making regular visits to the site throughout the afternoon. Remember: We want permission to do this again next year!
If anyone has problems or needs help, look for someone with a White ScotVOC t-shirt on, or head over to the Marquee's.
So if you are interested in having a good day out get you’re name down and keep an eye out for updates.
We all hope to see you there.
The ScotVOC Team