Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What a ride...

From Aberdeen to silevrstone at the weekend.

Now this is in my 1.8Vvti 06 Design. Many may say this engine is flat, underpowered for the size of car and plain thirsty. Well reserve your judgement after reading this.

Before I left off I set the Tyre Pressures on the Standard 16” Alloys to 35psi on the front, and the rear tyres to 38psi. Filled up with normal Shell unleaded at Aberdeen

Left Aberdeen on Friday at 11am, drove to Arbroath, then straight down to Rugby. Following the CD70 Sat Nav all the way. Which I must say worked a treat, warning me and re-routing me from a 75min traffic jam on the M6 at Birmingham. We travelled on the motor ways at 65mph on cruise, occasionally faster to pass slower moving traffic. Stopping every 2hours for a rest and coffee. Impulse (the name of my car) was able to accelerate upto 70 with no problems from the slip roads merging into motor way traffic.

Reached Rugby after some 498miles, still on the same tank of fuel and the trip computer showing an average of 47mpg!

Saterday drove into Silverstone and back to rugby on the same tank of fuel that I filled up with in Aberdeen.

Sunday, (still ¼ tank left) drove to Silverstone, but got stuck in the traffic for 2.5hours (still 2miles from Towcester) and knowing that we would have to leave at 3 In the afternoon to get home, we just turned around and headed back home. Filled the tank up on the first services after Rugby heading North with BP Ultimate fuel. Again followed the satnav instruction all the way home to Arbroath then upto Aberdeen and still had a 1/3 a tank of fuel left J

Must say having had the Veccy for 2years now, this is the furthest and longest I have driven her and she went so well. Over 1000miles with, not one single problem, did not overheat in the Silverstone traffic, air con nice and cool, cruising speed excellent and she was so nice to drive, even my mum commented how comfy the chairs were and she has an arthritic hip and a bad back!

And for the proof..

By the way had a great day on Saterday, never seen any of the other members on here. We were at the top of the main grandstand in front of the Pits.

Sorry for the big post but well chuffed wit hthe Veccy's performace just had to let everybody know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Mazda 3

Trim : Sport

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2004

Good post mate. Have to say I recently did about 700miles in my 1.8VVTi and had no problems, never missed a beat.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad you had a trouble free trip as you should, it was a good day on the saturday ..................

Thread Information