User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: my dmf is rattling ....3 questions i need answering

  1. #1
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy my dmf is rattling ....3 questions i need answering

    well guys it started rattling yesterday and i can feel it through the pedal

    1. will it start getting worse?

    2. how long will it last for?

    3. will it go completly while driving and will i lose all drive of the car?

  2. #2
    Regular Member bobby-tupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LEEDS, W.YORKS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    looks like its off to the big scrap yard in the sky then rich, could be time for your VXR

  3. #3
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobby-tupper View Post
    looks like its off to the big scrap yard in the sky then rich, could be time for your VXR
    lol i hope not m8

    but i will take the vxr

  4. #4
    Regular Member parsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mine has been doing this for a little while when I start it from cold. But it packs up when everything is warmed up. Is your doing it all the time? Might be worth taking out some warrenty of some sort mate.

  5. #5
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parsco View Post
    Mine has been doing this for a little while when I start it from cold. But it packs up when everything is warmed up. Is your doing it all the time? Might be worth taking out some warrenty of some sort mate.
    it started doing it yesterday m8, its worse when cold but still loud when hot, .....i think im just gonna bit the bullet and get it sorted as i cant chance breaking down, hence the 3 questions

  6. #6
    Admin plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mine been doing it for a while now. Done at least 2k in it. Think i heard that when it goes it will take the clutch with it. ALso the bolts holding the flywheel on are much harder to undo the longer you leave it. At about £500 for both items I think I may be looking at getting some warranty before it goes altogether....

    When cold its soo bad that you can hear it striaght away without touching anything, it'll click and clunk and make all sorts of noise as if its trying to escape from the box... When warm you can only hear it when clutch pushed down an inch or when decelarating
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services



    Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Mids
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mines been doing it now for about 18k miles but its all booked in to be sorted next weekend I got my clutch for 220 and labour is 120 for it, I only put it off for so long because I thought it was going to cost me some serious cash.

  8. #8
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    Mine been doing it for a while now. Done at least 2k in it. Think i heard that when it goes it will take the clutch with it. ALso the bolts holding the flywheel on are much harder to undo the longer you leave it. At about £500 for both items I think I may be looking at getting some warranty before it goes altogether....

    When cold its soo bad that you can hear it striaght away without touching anything, it'll click and clunk and make all sorts of noise as if its trying to escape from the box... When warm you can only hear it when clutch pushed down an inch or when decelarating
    dont think i can get warrenty on mine as its got 119k on it now

    if i could just get the full dmf/clutch kit for good money i would be ok.

  9. #9
    Regular Member byebyeitsagsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Instead of getting it from VX try places like Lucas (LSUK). Could be worth a quote.

  10. #10
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byebyeitsagsi View Post
    Instead of getting it from VX try places like Lucas (LSUK). Could be worth a quote.
    cheers m8, tbh i would never try the stealers as thee rob dogs, i found a full kit on ebay for £470 posted but im going to try my m8 dave at the service station tommorow as he is normally good on price

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. still rattling!!
    By jofenan in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th January 2011, 23:25
  2. rattling
    By SilVectra in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th February 2010, 20:53
  3. Answering irrelevant posts.
    By gtr1000 in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13th July 2009, 21:48
  4. Rattling vvt.
    By mattDY57 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th June 2009, 19:57
  5. rattling noise
    By jaxouk in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4th September 2008, 12:29

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •