User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: reverting back to oem headunit cdc40?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Carnoustie
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default reverting back to oem headunit cdc40?

    Ok when I bought my vec it had already been single din converted, I fitted my Blaupunkt Memphis usb mp3 but have bought a cdc40 opera and screen, as I never removed the factory unit what bits will I need to fit the cdc40 in? I know I will need a cage, anyone got one laying about? what else might I need?


    Also will be selling the Blaupunkt just over a year old, cracking unit, still 11 months warranty on it.

    http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/memphis.asp

    cheers Ronnie

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Carnoustie
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    bump

  3. #3
    Full Member Robsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North East Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : Energy

    Engine : Z19DTH

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 131,000

    Default

    There are various links on here to go the other way...fit an after-market head unit in place of the original...however you will probably need: -

    1) Double din cage
    2) DAB unit...unlikely that yours came with one unless it originally left the factory with a cd40 fitted.
    3)DAB link loom (I think...may already be located at the rear of the glove-box where some DAB units were mounted)
    4) Remove Blaupunkt radio and it's conversion lead...also how old is your car?? Pre 2004 cars have ISO radio plugs, whereas the later radios / cars (2004 onward including the cd40) use a connector called a fakra quadlock.

    5) Ask your expensive dealer to Tech 2 all 3 items into the car (screen, cd40 and DAB unit)...approx £60 + vat.

    Hope that helps!!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Carnoustie
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robsey View Post
    There are various links on here to go the other way...fit an after-market head unit in place of the original...however you will probably need: -

    1) Double din cage
    2) DAB unit...unlikely that yours came with one unless it originally left the factory with a cd40 fitted.
    3)DAB link loom (I think...may already be located at the rear of the glove-box where some DAB units were mounted)
    4) Remove Blaupunkt radio and it's conversion lead...also how old is your car?? Pre 2004 cars have ISO radio plugs, whereas the later radios / cars (2004 onward including the cd40) use a connector called a fakra quadlock.

    5) Ask your expensive dealer to Tech 2 all 3 items into the car (screen, cd40 and DAB unit)...approx £60 + vat.

    Hope that helps!!
    Thanks Robsey, its 2004 full can, I think it had a cdc30 before, so no dab unit! unless I can find one on ebay, I thought if the screen and headunit were paired would not need tech?

    cheers Ronnie

  5. #5
    Full Member Robsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North East Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : Energy

    Engine : Z19DTH

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 131,000

    Default

    You are correct, but wherever you got the screen and head-unit, you will also need the dab unit....yours is a three way marriage.

    They will all need to have come from the same vehicle...with the same radio pass code!!
    However....I have been able to work the wrong screen on my head unit...(cd30 and cd70) as long as they were not in delivery / safe mode.
    If they are in safe mode, then the radio will ping at you every five seconds.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Carnoustie
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robsey View Post
    You are correct, but wherever you got the screen and head-unit, you will also need the dab unit....yours is a three way marriage.

    They will all need to have come from the same vehicle...with the same radio pass code!!
    However....I have been able to work the wrong screen on my head unit...(cd30 and cd70) as long as they were not in delivery / safe mode.
    If they are in safe mode, then the radio will ping at you every five seconds.
    Thanks again Robsey, have emailed the seller as I think he still has the car, do all cdc40 have dab units, I think his is a 2007 model

    cheers Ronnie

  7. #7
    Full Member Robsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North East Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : Energy

    Engine : Z19DTH

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 131,000

    Default

    As far as I am aware, yes they do

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincs
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Hatch

    Trim : Exclusive Plus Pack

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi Z19DTH

    Year : 57

    Mileage : 100k+

    Default

    Presumably you can just fit the cdc40 and make do with FM - unless you specifically want digital radio.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Carnoustie
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vxvirgin View Post
    Presumably you can just fit the cdc40 and make do with FM - unless you specifically want digital radio.
    yes that true, our other car has dab and I like it but can't have it all ways I guess, next worry is will it play mp3 as its uknown till I fit it!

  10. #10
    Full Member Robsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North East Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : Energy

    Engine : Z19DTH

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 131,000

    Default

    Not totally definate about this, but I think it is only the basic cd30 that does't play mp3's...

    For those that will question me there is a cd30 mp3 version aswell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CDC40 to CDC40 MP3 upgrade.... any advice?
    By eamond in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15th September 2012, 08:02
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th July 2012, 23:27
  3. reverting back to longer Air Intake
    By old cruiser in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10th October 2009, 17:55
  4. has the CDC40 opera dab headunit got a AUX/PRE input?
    By Craig1985 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st September 2008, 20:22
  5. Reverting back to cd30
    By scott_150cdtisri in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 31st October 2006, 11:18

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •