User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Embarking on facelifting shortly! Anyone know about vx single stage paints please?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Embarking on facelifting shortly! Anyone know about vx single stage paints please?

Hello again people!

Well, I've got a caboodle of stuff gathered up over time for a facelift project when I get a week off! Sri facelift bumper, wing, vxr rear splitter, already had vxr rear spoiler, headlights... Also got a full leather interior to put in after a litltle "embellishment" (watch this space!).

Now, my existing front end had a respray a while back by a friend of a friend, a good job in daylight but infuriating in artificial light. It's flame red, 79L. I realise matching red is hard to get right due to the refractive/reflective properties of differing pigments etc if the paint isn't from the same source, but I am inclined to think it looks so noticible under streetlighting due to the fact he used 2pak paint when I asked him to source single stage as per the paint that's already on the car!

So, here's my plan of action. I want to source single stage 79L flame red paint and shoot it on the battery cover and engine cover, see if it satisfies me when held against the factory paint under lighting and if so proceed to the body parts. If this can't be achieved plan b is tacking a doors shut respray of the car, perhaps in Power red. Plan c is having a full time sprayer on backup to do the respray for under a grand if my efforts aren't up to scratch. So essentially I'll only be out the cost of materials if it doesn't turn out 100% by my hand. I have compressor, spray gun etc but will be choosing to use a hvlp system I also own, augmented by the purchase of a 1.5mm fluid needle to give me a fighting chance!

Sorry to be so long winded, though I know us guys like to hear the detail in these types of projects..... Back to the point of the post:

Can anyone with a greater knowledge of vx advise me as to the nature of thier single stage flame red paint and where I might buy some that best matches. My local vx in Omagh was hopeless (told me to phone local auto factors, they said they would only mix me a water based colour).

Thanks in advance guys!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Also, forgot to mention that I'm certain a very good match can be obtained if I play my cards right, as the rear bumper was previously colour coded and looks perfect!

Any bits of wisdom will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Nick

Thread Information