..."I need you to come and get me. I've had an accident" - with her sounding just a bit fraught!

I got some more info to see what I may need to bring with me. Basically what had happened was that some has shot out of a side road right into her path and then stopped when they realised that they had pulled out in front of Mrs D. She had to swerve to avoid hitting this idiot and in the process kerbed her wheel heavily against one of those little traffic islands in the middle of the road causing a puncture.

So I lobbed my trolley jack, breaker bar etc. into the car as I didn't fancy faffing about with a crap scissor jack. As I had Cameron here I had to lob him (not literally ) into the car too and headed off to meet her. Got there and got her settled and quickly changed the wheel - at least it's a full size spare with it only being a 15" wheel.

Damage to wheel....

It looks a bit of a mess but it shouldn't be an issue when a new tyre is put on - i.e. the seal should still be fine as it hasn't damaged the very edge of the rim. I think it may just need rubbed down a bit to remove the rough sharp edges before a new tyre is put on. We'll get it refurbed at some point.

Do ya reckon this is repairable?!

I checked the steering over and nothing looked untoward - nothing obviously bent or steering wheel off centre and all seemed fine when I took it for a run round the block. Looking at the damage she obviously just kerbed it badly on the side as opposed to hitting and going over the island thing.

So, got her sorted and followed her home just to make sure all was okay.

Poor thing - not a good end to the day for her, and the that pulled out right in front of her causing her to swerve just off and didn't even stop.