Thread: I30 your experience

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default I30 your experience

My brother wants to buy Hyundai I30. He says that it is a lot of car for the money. The basic model 'life' is already equiped with everything you need he says. I want to know if any of you have any experience with this car, if you do please share it.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

********, now that its been moved nobody will even read this thread :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Am reading it .......

How will no one read it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

I think the title would put people off......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

having worked for Hyundai in the past i can safely say there cars are very good - cheaper than most and fitted out with more kit than you can shake a very large stick at
    the interior quality was poorer than its competitors BUT this has been adressed on newer models and no one can complaint about a 5 year warranty

i suggest he test drives it for 24 hours to see how he likes it, all Hyundai dealers i have had the pleasure of dealing with have been most helpful and i have owned the coupe in 4 various guises over the years

you never have a quibble about warranty work and the garage look for things they can change UNDER WARRANTY as they are hungry for the business

they even did work on my 2.7 v6 coupe under warranty a year after it expired replacing a cup holder that did'nt pop out !

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    they even did work on my 2.7 v6 coupe under warranty a year after it expired replacing a cup holder that did'nt pop out !
    ..bet they wouldn't have replaced a clutch though...

From what I have seen of these (one of my cousins has one) they seem ok - they are solid, interior is pretty good (a bit SEAT if I had to compare) and come with some kit, although my cousin has the base model it has elect front windows, A/C and CD - but wheel trims !!!!

I suppose it comes down to the badge, if you can look past it, they seem like decent motors, but some can't (me included if I'm honest) - its the same with Skoda, I know they are good, have driven them many times but I just couldn't own one !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0cdti 160bhp

Year : 2010

Mileage : 92274

this is what parkers say http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/hyundai/

Thanks to the i30, Hyundai has moved away from the cheap-and-cheerful budget cars it used to be associated with. Aiming its sights on models like the Ford Focus and Volkswagen Golf, it looks modern and smart (if a little unexciting), comes with a generous amount of standard equipment and drives in a manner far superior to any previous Hyundai. There's also a great 1.6-litre diesel engine which is punchy, economical and cheap to tax. And when it comes to quality, Hyundai's willing to put its money where its mouth is - the i30 comes with a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
    The entry-level 1.4-litre engine is willing, economical and - as a result - will suit the needs of most buyers. It's great around town and fine for short motorway trips, though can soon feel a little breathless. If most of your driving is longer distance, it's best to go for one of the 1.6-litre models. The 122bhp petrol has a useful turn of speed, getting to 62mph in 11.1 seconds and onto a top speed of 119mph - it's smooth and eager too, but the 113bhp 1.6-litre diesel is even better - strong, punchy and capable of 60mpg in everyday driving it's our pick of the range. It's also surprisingly refined and delivers decent performance with a 0-62mph time of 11.6 seconds. There's also a 2.0-litre CRDi which offers a 0-62mph time of 10.3 seconds. A five-speed manual gearbox is standard across the range, while a six-speed gearbox is offered on the 2.0-litre diesel. A four-speed automatic transmission is optional.
    The i30 is a pleasant car to drive. It's quiet on the move, smoothes out bumps and copes well in and out of town. Anyone buying an i30 after owning Hyundai's previous small family car, the Accent, will certainly notice the difference and be pleasantly surprised as a result. The steering is precise, it corners confidently and the entire package is much closer to what's on offer from more mainstream alternatives, such as Ford, than ever before.
    Although there are a trio of three-point seatbelts in the back, the rear isn't suitable for three adults - it's just not wide enough. Despite the swooping roofline, headroom is quite generous, however leg and knee room are only average which means it can become uncomfortable for adults on longer journeys. Overall the i30 is quiet on the move with little wind or engine noise.
    The boot is a decent size and with 340 litres of space it can easily deal with a couple of small suitcases. The downside is that there is quite a high lip and the opening isn't especially wide, which makes loading heavier and bulkier items trickier. That said, the seats fold totally flat quickly and simply, which turns the i30 into a practical family car - bikes and large boxes should fit in the back. In the cabin there are kangaroo pockets in the backs of the seats for storing maps, a box underneath the driver's armrest plus a small pop-down box in the dash. The glovebox is air conditioned - ideal for keeping snacks and drinks chilled in the summer.
    Comfort is the entry-level car with a single CD player with MP3 and iPod compatibility, steering wheel stereo controls, 15-inch alloy wheels, six airbags, driver's seat height and lumbar control, front and rear electric windows, glovebox cooling, heated door mirrors, air conditioning, Isofix child seat anchor points and remote central locking. Style adds 16-inch alloy wheels, cloth and leather seats, leather steering wheel and a tyre pressure monitoring system while Premium trim gets 17-inch alloy wheels, reversing sensors, climate control, electric folding mirrors, leather seats, auto-dimming rearview mirror, heated leather seats, rain-sensing windscreen wipers and a centre armrest. In 2009 a limited number of ES edition models went on sale. Based on the 1.4 Comfort they add electronic climate control, 16-inch alloys, reversing sensors and an alloy-look centre dash fascia.
    The i30 has a comfortable and highly adjustable driving position. The steering wheel can be adapted for height and reach, while the seat - which is also very supportive - has height adjustment as standard. The interior layout is simple but effective. The central bank of switches that control the stereo and ventilation systems are easy to use on the move and simple to get to grips with - there are no fiddly buttons and the dials are clear and easy to read. The only criticism is that the blue LCD display can be difficult to read in strong sunlight. All-round visibility is good, however the rear pillars can restrict visibility when reversing. The stereo can play MP3 CDs and has iPod connectivity while steering wheel-mounted stereo controls are also standard.

The i30 was originally only awarded a four-star Euro NCAP crash test rating which was disappointing considering its sister car - the Kia Ceed - gained five. The safety organisation highlighted that there could be injuries from the dashboard and to the knees. However the car was retested in August 2008 following improvements made by Hyundai (to improve the protection of the driver's knees and femurs) and was awarded a five-star rating.
    Hyundais have a reputation for being mechanically robust, albeit a little flimsy on the inside. The five-year unlimited mileage warranty means there's no need to worry about any unexpected bills for a large chunk of the car's life.
    Car check problem points
    Body: No problems reported.

Engine/Gearbox: No problems reported.

Other: No problems reported.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheap, reliable, good warranty, nice to drive (read average/good) interior is ok but miles away from VW Golf standards, standard equipment is great, its the perfect small family A-B run around, but not much fun, had one on loan for a week!!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vectra17 View Post
    ********, now that its been moved nobody will even read this thread :-(
    Well the Vectra C / Signum chat section certainly wasn't the right section for it. People will still see it with their other New Posts and a few replies so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Well the Vectra C / Signum chat section certainly wasn't the right section for it. People will still see it with their other New Posts and a few replies so far.
    The thing is I never look at other forums so I assume no one else will :-)
    Thank you all for your replies!

Thread Information