Thread: Hopefully getting my proper springs back tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Hopefully getting my proper springs back tomorrow

I recently went to a garage to have a cambelt changed, and they noticed I had a snapped spring.

They asked if I wanted them to fix it, and I agreed to have the two front springs replaced.

After a couple of weeks I was convinced the front was much higher than before, so I rang the garage, and they confirmed they had fitted normal springs.

They then said they would investigate and get the "sports" springs. It took two weeks to get the springs owing to the current problems at Vauxhall he said.

So, were off to West Brom tomorrow to have my springs fitted.

Shame I never got the lowering bug before the spring snapped, as I would love to drop it a bit more.

I'll leave it a while and keep it standard I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cheekylemon View Post
    I recently went to a garage to have a cambelt changed, and they noticed I had a snapped spring.

They asked if I wanted them to fix it, and I agreed to have the two front springs replaced.

After a couple of weeks I was convinced the front was much higher than before, so I rang the garage, and they confirmed they had fitted normal springs.

They then said they would investigate and get the "sports" springs. It took two weeks to get the springs owing to the current problems at Vauxhall he said.

So, were off to West Brom tomorrow to have my springs fitted.

Shame I never got the lowering bug before the spring snapped, as I would love to drop it a bit more.

I'll leave it a while and keep it standard I think.
    Same thing happened to me, i went nuts with the garage, how the hell can they not notice the difference in ride height?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by barkzz View Post
    Same thing happened to me, i went nuts with the garage, how the hell can they not notice the difference in ride height?
    How can they not notice? Because some garages are staffed by monkeys. When I had needed springs replacing and was shopping around for prices, one garage said they couldn't give me a price until I brought the car in so they could measure the spring and see what spec it is. What if the end had snapped off...what about old springs sagging....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    How can they not notice? Because some garages are staffed by monkeys. When I had needed springs replacing and was shopping around for prices, one garage said they couldn't give me a price until I brought the car in so they could measure the spring and see what spec it is. What if the end had snapped off...what about old springs sagging....?
    Thats absolutely ridiculous. How to they think they are going to measure a spring and source the replacement - idiots!

The garages round here now have started asking for the reg number as that brings up everything about that car and tells them exactly which part number they need. I went to get a pollen filter last week and they even asked the reg for this. Bit overkill but if it helps get the right part, I am not complaining! Maybe they should all start doing this!

Thread Information