User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hopefully getting my proper springs back tomorrow

  1. #1
    Regular Member cheekylemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Droitwich - Worcestershire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Hopefully getting my proper springs back tomorrow

    I recently went to a garage to have a cambelt changed, and they noticed I had a snapped spring.

    They asked if I wanted them to fix it, and I agreed to have the two front springs replaced.

    After a couple of weeks I was convinced the front was much higher than before, so I rang the garage, and they confirmed they had fitted normal springs.

    They then said they would investigate and get the "sports" springs. It took two weeks to get the springs owing to the current problems at Vauxhall he said.

    So, were off to West Brom tomorrow to have my springs fitted.

    Shame I never got the lowering bug before the spring snapped, as I would love to drop it a bit more.

    I'll leave it a while and keep it standard I think.

  2. #2
    Regular Member barkzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekylemon View Post
    I recently went to a garage to have a cambelt changed, and they noticed I had a snapped spring.

    They asked if I wanted them to fix it, and I agreed to have the two front springs replaced.

    After a couple of weeks I was convinced the front was much higher than before, so I rang the garage, and they confirmed they had fitted normal springs.

    They then said they would investigate and get the "sports" springs. It took two weeks to get the springs owing to the current problems at Vauxhall he said.

    So, were off to West Brom tomorrow to have my springs fitted.

    Shame I never got the lowering bug before the spring snapped, as I would love to drop it a bit more.

    I'll leave it a while and keep it standard I think.
    Same thing happened to me, i went nuts with the garage, how the hell can they not notice the difference in ride height?

  3. #3
    Regular Member Jezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barkzz View Post
    Same thing happened to me, i went nuts with the garage, how the hell can they not notice the difference in ride height?
    How can they not notice? Because some garages are staffed by monkeys. When I had needed springs replacing and was shopping around for prices, one garage said they couldn't give me a price until I brought the car in so they could measure the spring and see what spec it is. What if the end had snapped off...what about old springs sagging....?

  4. #4
    Full Member Vaux-Man-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    How can they not notice? Because some garages are staffed by monkeys. When I had needed springs replacing and was shopping around for prices, one garage said they couldn't give me a price until I brought the car in so they could measure the spring and see what spec it is. What if the end had snapped off...what about old springs sagging....?
    Thats absolutely ridiculous. How to they think they are going to measure a spring and source the replacement - idiots!

    The garages round here now have started asking for the reg number as that brings up everything about that car and tells them exactly which part number they need. I went to get a pollen filter last week and they even asked the reg for this. Bit overkill but if it helps get the right part, I am not complaining! Maybe they should all start doing this!


    Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. been busy.. hopefully getting old wheels back on tomorrow.
    By hagga in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 17th August 2011, 14:36
  2. cars going back to the dealers tomorrow!
    By pogo in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 4th April 2008, 22:13
  3. yippee top gears back tomorrow night!
    By pogo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th October 2007, 21:52
  4. getting springs fitted tomorrow...
    By jamesy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd March 2007, 08:53
  5. Get my Vec. back tomorrow.
    By Stevel in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th February 2007, 22:40

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •