After much umming and more umming I went and did it, I got the BSR PPC stage 1 remap for my 67k 55 plate CDTI 150.
Once I had downloaded the current software onto the PPC I flashed my ECU, took about 1.5 mins.
No need to disconnect battery etc as any data on your engine gets wiped so you start afresh.
Started up no problem, left it ticking over for a few mins before going out.
took it gently for the first minute then gradually tried it out.
Very noticeable power hike at 2500 rpm, if anything too violent and not nice to drive, but fun all the same, but the next day I got to open the engine up a little and took the revs up to the red line.
It pulled very well and hit the red and limited at 5000 rpm, about 150 less than my original map, not really a problem as I don't drive it up there that often.
What it did do though is smooth out the whole map due to the ECU adapting which has now left the car soo much better and smoother, the violent pickup has gone replaced by just sheer pull all the way from tick over and continuing strong all the way up to 4500 + rpm.
The economy is slightly better when driving normally and their is no flat spot below 2000 rpm, the car just pulls smoothly and noticeably better.
It should have been like this from the factory.
Booting it does produce some smoke now, but hat is to be expected but it is not too excessive.
I have a long run 1000 miles next week to Poland for a fortnight so I will have a better idea of how much difference this remap makes.
I will post my findings on my return.
But first impressions are good, I know it costs a fair bit, but I still wish I had done this ages ago.
P.S. The Continental Sport Contact 3's are now the limiting factor.