User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: swirls!

  1. #1
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra gsi

    Trim : Full heated leather

    Engine : 3200

    Year : 2004

    Default swirls!

    my car looks nice shiney and smooth but under the lights at night it looks a bit swirley

    what stuff would you recomend?
    i really dont want to use somethink really corse as i might go through the paint

    somethink easy to use would be a billy bonus

    cheers guys

  2. #2
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra SRi

    Trim : XP1

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

    Year : 2007

    Mileage : 66000

    Default

    http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/all1.htm

    This stuff works well, and seems to be very gentle too, even on my first go with a rotary it came up well, so you should have no problem with it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Brocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Rich,

    Some time ago I used megs stages 1,2 and 3. The write up is here:

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22238

    It did the trick for me.

  4. #4
    Regular Member parsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Dan is right pointing you in the direction of the CG stuff it is the best in my opinion.

    If the swirls are quite bad you could also try CG Pro Polish. I've got some on order as I've got another car to detail on the weekend and i'll let you know how I get on with it The All-In-One Polish is a great starting point or if the swirls are not too bad

  5. #5
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra gsi

    Trim : Full heated leather

    Engine : 3200

    Year : 2004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parsco View Post
    Dan is right pointing you in the direction of the CG stuff it is the best in my opinion.

    If the swirls are quite bad you could also try CG Pro Polish. I've got some on order as I've got another car to detail on the weekend and i'll let you know how I get on with it The All-In-One Polish is a great starting point or if the swirls are not too bad
    cheers m8, i think i will have a go with the cg all in one, i have the silverline polisher with 6 speeds...what speed do i useit on?

    cheers

  6. #6
    Regular Member parsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    There is something called the Zenith Point that you need to work to when you are doing correction mate.

    It will go something like this:

    - Spreading
    - Begin Cutting
    - Cutting to remove defect
    - Cutting to remove defect even more
    - Cutting to remove marring
    - Burnishing

    So bearing that in mind i work on:

    2 passes at 600rpm to spread the polish ready for use
    2 passes at 1200rpm to begin working the polish
    4 passes at 1500rpm to work the abrasives to remove the defect
    4 passes at 1800rpm to continue working the abrasives to remove defects
    4 passes at 1500rpm to remove inflicted marring with the now lighter cutting abrasives
    2 passes at 900rpm to burnish the finish to a high gloss

    This will take a long time but you will need to take your time to achieve the best results mate Just keep an eye on the area you are working on and try not to do it in direct sunlight. Good luck

  7. #7
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra gsi

    Trim : Full heated leather

    Engine : 3200

    Year : 2004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parsco View Post
    There is something called the Zenith Point that you need to work to when you are doing correction mate.

    It will go something like this:

    - Spreading
    - Begin Cutting
    - Cutting to remove defect
    - Cutting to remove defect even more
    - Cutting to remove marring
    - Burnishing

    So bearing that in mind i work on:

    2 passes at 600rpm to spread the polish ready for use
    2 passes at 1200rpm to begin working the polish
    4 passes at 1500rpm to work the abrasives to remove the defect
    4 passes at 1800rpm to continue working the abrasives to remove defects
    4 passes at 1500rpm to remove inflicted marring with the now lighter cutting abrasives
    2 passes at 900rpm to burnish the finish to a high gloss

    This will take a long time but you will need to take your time to achieve the best results mate Just keep an eye on the area you are working on and try not to do it in direct sunlight. Good luck
    jeez!!! there seems a lot of work there....i will let you know how i get on

  8. #8
    Regular Member parsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    You're not kidding mate good luck

  9. #9
    Ex Vec-C Admin Stevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Have a look at DaveKGs guide on DW Rich. There's one for a Rotary and a DA.

    You could get it horribly wrong if you try paint correction without having a basic knowledge of what you are trying to achieve with a Rotary.

    I'd stick with what Steve suggested (on the motor) until you at least get yourself a practise panel to play with and use that guide to apply the process correctly.

  10. #10
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra gsi

    Trim : Full heated leather

    Engine : 3200

    Year : 2004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Have a look at DaveKGs guide on DW Rich. There's one for a Rotary and a DA.

    You could get it horribly wrong if you try paint correction without having a basic knowledge of what you are trying to achieve with a Rotary.

    I'd stick with what Steve suggested (on the motor) until you at least get yourself a practise panel to play with and use that guide to apply the process correctly.
    cheers for the advice, the guy over the road has an old bmw so i might ask him if i can practice on his first, i will have a look at the guide aswell,cheers steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Swirls
    By rob warrington in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 8th January 2012, 17:30
  2. swirls
    By marc vectra sri in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th August 2011, 15:50
  3. swirls
    By Matt&Jemz in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd May 2009, 18:08
  4. Swirls
    By Sean-2.2Direct in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27th November 2008, 11:01
  5. Swirls..
    By Dwabo in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5th March 2006, 09:54

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •