Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Default Why do Police / Armed Forces / Public Servants get irritated

when Joe Public says that they pay their wages, and are answerable to them?

I have seen this a few times and wonder why? But we need to look at the bigger picture.

Ultimately there are answerable to the public BECAUSE they are employed to serve the Public and are also payed for by the Public as a whole.

He who pays the piper ultimately calls the tune.

Eg Police Officers are responsible to their bosses, up to Chief Constable. Who is then answerable to the Politicians, who are answerable to the Home Office (ie Home Secretary) whos is then answerable Parliament, who are then answerable to ...... The Public.

Armed Forces would go in the same way up to MOD (ie Defence Minister) and on to the Public.

Civil Servants go the same way up through their organisation and Minister and onto the Public.

I read that a Police Sergeant gets about 35K basic, which is less than I thought, and also considerably less than I get paid too. So they do in effect become part of the General Public (as they are taxpayers too), which adds another dimension to it I suppose. (any conflict of interest that makes it a bit weird?)

OK, the banks are also funding it (due to this Labour Gov'ts inability to balance the books without National borrowing and hence a massively increasing National Debt - which the Tax payer will be paying anyway in the future) but that's a totally different issue.

Discuss....... but please keep it civil, as it is a serious question.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hows this for a full circle, im a bus driver, passengers pay a fare, company collects revenue, i get payed, i pay council tax, council subs bus routes.
    Passengers may think we get pay rises on the back of fare increases but i pay for myself to run council subsidiaries every day.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

get irritated by what?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

never met armed service ppl get that get irritated by public.... and as for cops an government..can`t be bothered(do get some stress off the dole office tho,not a doley by choice but after 10 years workin in "a job 4 life" company gettin made redundant)they`re annoying the hell outta me telin me to get a job that don`t exist @ the minute because thats what i`m very well trained to do

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Why do people feel the need to tell public servants they pay their wages is probably a better question.

What ever it is u do the public, ok not all, pays your wage whether it be through sales or services etc. We ALL pay taxes, so what is the issue.

Those on the front line, police, army etc do a ****** good job and don't always get the credit for it, ok they don't get paid as well as Ste!!! But the last thing they need is Joe public saying, I pay your wages u answer to me. So I imagine that is why SOME would get irriate.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

But the difference between people buying stuff and paying taxes etc is CHOICE. I have no choice that I pay income tax. I have no choice to pay council tax, I have no choice to pay fuel tax and RFL, I have no choice to pay tax on alcohol / cigs, I have no choice to pay tax on goods, I have no choice to pay VAT.

I DO have a choice to buy goods or services. And goods / service providers don't 'serve' the public in the same sense or meaning.

I also got stress from the dole office when I was made redundant (which was clearly my fault that the company re-located to the North East).

The second 'processor - as I don't know what to call them) was far more realistic and said quietly that they really wouldn't be able to help me find a suitable job. I took nearly 6 months off work through choice - which was great. I only claimed JSA/IS when I was actively seeking work though.

Some of them seemed to be (or want to be, at least) Little hitlers, jumped up and pointless in reality. I think it is a power trip for them. You do as we say, when we say and how we say, or else you won't get the £53 a week.
    Like £53 a week makes a difference? I told them that it didn't even pay for my beer consumption, let alone my mortgage. That went down really well with them , even though it was a lie.
    Last edited by Ste; 20th June 2009 at 23:19.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

People can say what they like, I couldn't give a stuff, my answer is, I bet I pay more tax then most of the small minded idiots who think that way anyway so crack on. If it really is that important, yes you do pay my wages but as a tax payer, I pay for the bank staff and everybody else.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

not really gonna argue with ya cos i can`t be arsed..........i`ve met bad coppers and really good coppers,same as good dole ppl and bad dole ppl.....it`s down to what kinda ppl they are really and i bet you`d be a bit of an arse if u had that job....BUT i`ve never met a bad squaddie,good coppers and squaddies make the world better place

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's fair enough. I was in the local kebab shop a while ago and one guy was 'having a chat' with a very tall copper (I mean 7ft without his hat) and he said ' I pay your wages etc' and the copper replied 'no you don't'. I'm not sure if the copper knew him personally and his job siuation, but maybe the copper was wrong and he does actually contribute to the payment of his wages in small 'pro rated' way.

Who knows.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To be honest the only people I've ever heard the words "I pay your wages" from are people who quite frankly dont! Because they are too busy sitting on there behind with a can of Tennants Super and a bag of recreational drugs...waiting for their turn of the JC show.

These people that claim benefits, not because they cant work or have been made redundant, but because they are lazy and have and probably will never do a full days work in their life... unless its at Her Majesties Convenience...

How many times have you heard when watching shows like Street Wars, Road Wars, Police Interceptors and the like...

I really feel for the police, they have the hardest job of us all in my opinion... They're doomed by the public if they do their job and just as doomed if they dont! They really are 99% of the time in a lose / lose situation.

Other than that, being in the forces and working mainly with civilian staff in London for the last 5 years, I've never heard it said before...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information