Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default dealers aargh!!

Has anyone had the misfortune of dealing with peter vardy's in motherwell? I bought another "C" a fortnight ago, and since i parted with the cash have had nothing short of terrible service since. Initially it too four weeks to source my car, when promised two, then they annoyed my wife that much she bought an astra elsewhere. I've been waitin for the spare key for two weeks, to be told it still isn't here, and to top it all off, i've been sitting here for three hours waiting on some halfwit balancing the front wheels! (begining to think they are waiting on the clown to balance them on his nose!). Go to arnold clark!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Quote Originally Posted by stusdc View Post
    Go to arnold clark!
    Are you crazy, they can be just as bad! Sometimes better to spend a bit more and go for a small local franchised dealer

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

maybe we got lucky, went to arnold clark for a nosey and fell across the best salesman ever. Took my wife through every model, colour, option, on the astra. Spent two hours explaining what, why etc. He had the pram in and out the boots of the corsa, 3 door astra then the 5 door, even fitted the baby seat to them all and got her to try and strap the wee one in, just so she knew what it would be like to live with. We bought from him on monday morning, text and call monday night sayin car would be ready wednesday morning. Courtesy call week after she picked it up to make sure she was happy! Even recieved the cd in the post she had left in the trade in! Thats service..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

AC are as nice as pie until something goes wrong.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Letter to P vardy, long winded sorry

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    I have been a huge Vauxhall fan for a long, long time!
    I am often seen, (wrapped in my VXR racing jacket and Beanie hat), molesting various cars on your forecourts at random times throughout the week. Its my hobby.

Before you entered the great kingdom of Fife with your Vauxhall franchise I would use the service of the Curtis brothers. I always had my cars serviced at their garages in Cupar, Kirkcaldy, Dalgety Bay and Dunfermline. Not a huge company, yet they knew what mattered. BASIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Not only would I call upon their services for my annual checks and such, I also used their body repair centre in Dunfermline numerous times in the period between 2000 and 2004 due to the fact I was a bit crap at driving!
    The point I am making is that I would gladly spend money with them as I knew that what I would get it was great service, first time, every time!

The first thing I want to point out is your sales team in Kirkcaldy, (and the guy is still there).
    I, for the first time ever, at the tender age of 26, was in the lucky position of being able to afford my first new(ish) car. I gaily skipped along to the Kirkcaldy franchise knowing exactly what I wanted and was willing to wait for the right car to come along. Hoping that a helpful salesman would take all of my particulars and give me that all over, good time, happy, fuzzy (insert buzz word here), sales experience!
    Alas no.............

Jan 2008

I wanted, (and yes I appreciate it was a tall order), an 07 Plate Vauxhall Vectra 1.9cdti 150 Sri or 3.0 V6CDTI Sri in Digital Green. Now as an enthusiast I am more than aware that digital green was discontinued in the year of 2007, so it would maybe take a little time to discover one, but they are out there. I was met by someone that was as enthusiastic as small child would be to enter a dentist's chair. I decided to advise him that I was only "lookin" and would come get him if I needed help. Minutes later another man approached me, this time with the enthusiasm of a fly that had just discovered a new pile of steaming faeces.
    This soon faded when I asked for my car in that colour. "don't get that colour on 07"
    "em...... yes, you do"
    "no, you don't",........... this continued for quite a while and I began to get more annoyed as you, Monsieur Peter Vardy had only just sold one, in Perth, literally a month before! (not that I keep an eye on your stock rotation or anything....ahem).
    Anyrate, he then toddles off with a big grin on his face shouting "they changed it to peacock", (now this is in fact true, but that didn't meant there were no digital green ones on 07 plates).

I was a bit peeved and decided, "lets just leave it", wander towards my old clapped out car and think to myself, perhaps I don't need a new car after all. (This was a blatant lie as it was due for an MOT and im pretty confident that the rear axel was so rusty that the best chance I had of taking a corner in it was with my eyes closed). Next thing I knew, there he was, with another salesman, grinning at me, (like the Cheshire cat), "don't get digital green, they changed it to peacock, don't get green on 07 plates). They were both adamant

I advised them I was not going to argue and drove off............ in my rusty bucket.

Now, people that know basics know that if a manufacturer stops producing a certain colour in say 2007, it does not mean that on the 31 December 2006, they sit, in the factory, in front of a giant paint machine, counting down the minutes to midnight to ensure that they remove one colour to add a new one!

Basically, I wanted a car, a specific one, I came to you for it, as a Vauxhall dealer, you made me feel stupid, no customer experience whatsoever.............
    I went to Evan Halshaw on the same day, bought a car! (the one I wanted).

Next:
    So, Decide im bored with having a big old Vectra. Im not married and have only one nephew and a pretty lacklustre sex life, so do I need the space?....
    I ventured up to Peter Vardy Perth, (coz I aint going to Kirkcaldy again), and started perving over the metal you had on the forecourt. I find a rare example of a car manufacturer gone daft, The Meriva VXR. I took it for a spin, loved it! Salesperson was from my home town (although I had never known this at the time), Lyndsey.
    ****** helpful, very approachable, spent a lot of time giggling, im sure if it wasn't for my fondness of men our relationship would have flourished! Anyway, I decided against the VXR Meriva and plumped for a Corsa VXR (arden blue, noice).

The sales process had a few wee bumps but this was due to Lyndsey not long being in the position, which was acceptable. Much happiness, me and my car have been happy now since August 2007 and I've lined your pockets with many pounds to help you withstand this awful credit crunch!

Then on Saturday passed, my brakes start making a noise. Unusual as the car only has 19000 miles, discs and pads are in a bad way? hmmm. Anyway not concerned as you guys kindly gave me a warranty on brakes, clutch and something else for the 1st 12 months! Yippee. So, due to the fact that Perth is miles away, I have no alternative but to drag myself, (kicking and screaming I may add), to Kirkcaldy. I am met with, again, the enthusiasm of a dead cod. This time by your service desk lady. Im not sure what her name is but its the younger of the 2.

One of your techs came out and advised that its the problem you have been having with pads, Vauxhall are aware, I have a warranty on these for 12 months, get it in on tues, yadda yadda yadda. I go back in to the service desk to organise this.
    Very impersonal, no love for her job, quite obviously no interest.
    I had to amend the contact number, which she scribbled on a piece of paper.
    I was told to have the car in first thing on Tuesday. Off I toddled.

Tuesday,
    There she was, sat behind the service desk again, a beacon of everything teenager angst.
    No parts!
    "they will be here Thursday", no apology, its as if she expected me to just drop off my keys on the Tuesday, leave my poor little VXR sat in the car park with sore feet until Thursday and then have a 30 minute job done whilst I struggled for transport for the 2 days!??

Then, "can you also bring in proof that you have a warranty on your brakes?"
    em, no being funny, but surely that will be on a system somewhere, (I was so concerned that she did not know that I did have a warranty that I even took time to contact, Perth Peter Vardy, who gave me the number of the warranty place who then confirmed for me I was covered!) surley she could have done that? CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Doesnt make any sense.
    So, Today, Thursday, I go in. Greeted by another lady at service.
    She cannot find the job card, she has to search the computer. Advised to go down to the showroom and wait as the techs dont start until 830, it was only 801. So i wander down to the showroom, first person I seem "mr Digital Green salesman", not in the mood for his highly annoying chat so sat on a comfy chair at the coffee machine and hid under my VXR racing beanie hat avoiding offers of coffee....

At around 850 the receptionist came over and advised me that "service" was ready for me! Oooer. I donder up to the service building again only to see my little car sat, where i left it, unmoved. The service girl obvioulsy knew I wasnt happy as I entered the door. She was quick to tell me that the parts hadnt arrived, ordered but not arrived, so not their fault.
    As you can imagine, im no chuffed. She advises that she will book me in for tomorrow and that she will call me on ...... the contact number that no longer exists, you know, the one the other girl was meant to have changed!

Dude, im not meaning to rant, or, maybe I am. I have worked in custoemr services all my days. I have been a manager a rep and a customer, so have seen all angles of how it works and also how it can fail miserabley! Your Perth guys, Lyndsey, Chris and I think Stuart is his name, are valuable assests to your company. I cocked an eye brow when I saw that you had taken over from your dad, wondered who this young whipper snapper was, wondered how he would shake up the dreary world of car sales in Fife. Your company are doing well, but it could be doing so much better. The frustrating thing is that its tiny ickle changes that could make you top trumps in Fife. Its a busy market. Arnold Clark is stupid huge and needs taking down a peg or 2 and I want you to do it! I just worry that if people keep getting the same experience that I have had that your future may not be as rosey as you or I would like. I mean, imagine arguing with a potential new car customer regarding the colour of a car, infront of other customers. Thats just wrong.

As you can see, I have far too much time on my hands, which is also wrong.
    I love Vauxhalls, I have owned them all my life but if I cant guarentee that I will have the back up of my franchised dealer...... Do I change brands?
    I, and this is completely true, have been considering changing my car again as I really want an arctic VXR now. Im just not confident that I can rely on your company to give me the customer service I need locally.

Now, if you ever do get to read this email and its not just dealt with by some random staff member, I wouldnt mind a responce. Youll find me in the toilets, slummped between the hand basin and toilet pan, tears streaming down my face, eating a 2 litre tub of triple chocolate hagen das, with my hands, rocking slowly back and forth, mumbling the lyrics to "i am what I am....."

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That is absolutely class!!! I'm sat here PMSL and ROFLMAO!!!!

Did you perchance get a reply?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

luv it

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

fantastic mate. Dont hold your breath for a reply.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    When I was worried about the tapping in my engine I took it straight to the dealer. AC Newcastle under Lyme were great with me. Full tank of petrol too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information