When I got home this evening, I decided to fit the DVD system I got from Paul (Leeds Vectra) instead of doing it on Saturday.

Here is how I got on.

Firstly, here is the kit when unpacked from the box.

Here is the blank canvas to work with!

Remove the interior light and undo the velcro clip that holds the roof lining to the roof of the car.

Then you simply use the roof template with the correct light marking and stick it to the roof lining.

Then the fun bit! Cutting the roof lining! Pays to be carefull here!

Thats the hard bit done. You then take the roof mounting plate and fit the console to it using the screws provided.

Warm the roof panel with a hair dryer until it's quite hot, peel off the double sided tape backing and stick to the roof panel. By having the console fitted, it makes it very easy to get it centrally fitted.

Then remove the four screws and remove the console. This leaves the mounting plate in position.

The next stage is to fit the sponge spacers which allow the console to be a snug fit to the roof lining.

You then need to thread through the roof lining the loom. I carried this from the top of the passenger side A pillar to the centre of the roof.

Once connected to the roof console, re-fit the roof console and tighten accordingly.

Here is the DVD player fitted. This part of the instll is now complete.

Once you have fed the loom down the A pillar, remove the fuse panel as pictured.

You will then see an earth screw located at the top as pictured.

Remove this screw and feed the earth cable in behind and refit the screw holding the earth cable securely in place.

Final step, the power! You have two choices here, switched live or permanent. I decided to have a switched live.

So I checked on TIS to see which fuse did what and which was on the ingnition. I piggy backed onto fuse F20 which is the instrument panel fuse. I removed the original fuse, fitted the adaptor and then put the original fuse and the DVD's 5 amp fuse in the holder.

Keys on and all working fine!

If you decide you want to use a pernament live, fuse F6 can be used for this.

All in all the whole job took just over an hour to complete.