Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down ISOfix baby seats

My wife and I have just got back from Mothercare where we were looking for a new buggy and car seat for our baby which is due on December 1st.

We bought the Vectra so it could be a family car but when it came to trying the baby seat in the back the woman said she couldn't sell us it because the angle was too far back meaning the babys head would not be supported. We then tried the ISOfix base hoping this would sort the angle the seat was sitting, it was slightly better but not good enough.

The woman then told me they have nothing but problems with Vauxhalls! Are all Vectra rear seats the sameor are mine at this unsuitable angle because mine is an SRi?

Also, my wife set her heart on a particular buggy that can be adapted to hold a MaxiCosi baby seat but we tried a MaxiCosi seat in the car and the angle was unsuitable for the babys head. Does anyone on here have a MaxiCosi baby seat and ISOfix base and could you tell me the name of the seat.

Many thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im also interested in this, im in the very same position and would be keen to have some users views........

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

Not had probs in our Vectra, we had a M+P seat & base (non isofix) and now Duncan has it, fitted perfectly, mine is a SXi with SRi spec so has the same seats as yours.

The Maxi Cosi Isofix bases have angle things on them dont they ,so if the angle is correct the seat will be

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by deanos View Post
    Not had probs in our Vectra, we had a M+P seat & base (non isofix) and now Duncan has it, fitted perfectly, mine is a SXi with SRi spec so has the same seats as yours.

The Maxi Cosi Isofix bases have angle things on them dont they ,so if the angle is correct the seat will be
    I thought that would be the case that they would be able to adjust the angle but the woman just told me flat out that as it's a Vauxhall, we're stuck.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have a maxi cosi seat for my little girl not had any problems and i have used my wifes brittax one with no hastle in my gsi

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stuball View Post
    I thought that would be the case that they would be able to adjust the angle but the woman just told me flat out that as it's a Vauxhall, we're stuck.
    The people in the shops often spout rubbish, why not try Halfords

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think she's talking rubbish TBH. Yes, some of the baby seats that are IsoFix that have the leg that rests on the floor don't work in certain cars due to the angle of the seat base and therefore the leg doesn't sit on the floor properly - but to say carte blanche that it applies to all Vauxhalls practically is cobblers. What exactly is she meaning when she says "...the angle was too far back meaning the babys head would not be supported." ?

As deanos said, I had the M&P non-IsoFix base and that was fine - although that didn't have the leg thing. That was actually a reason why I didn't get an IsoFix baby seat initially as most of them (IsoFix ones) had those legs which I think are a faff and also stop you putting anything in the footwell.

Now that we've moved onto the next level of seat - front facing - we went for a Britax one that is IsoFix (and can also be attached by if no IsoFix in the car) and that fits perfectly as well as having no leg thing, which others in that weight range still have.

I assume you're hankering after the Quinny buggy to be able to use the Maxi Cosi seat in it? That seat is available as a non-IsoFix one, albeit with it not having quite as good a crash rating as the IsoFix one.

I'm curious as to exactly what she meant by the angle not being right for supporting the baby's head? Maybe worth a trip too another shop? Is there a Toys R Us with a Babies R Us department near you?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They should have adjustable legs, our Britax Isofix one has an adjustable leg

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by deanos View Post

Same here, none isofix M&P base and travel system pod.

I do agree with her comments, the rear seats are inclined towards the back rest, certainly more than in my Audi, when it was demonstarted to me this was explained to me but I still bought it. When the nipper was in it he was still well supported and didn't lean forward at all

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    I think she's talking rubbish TBH. Yes, some of the baby seats that are IsoFix that have the leg that rests on the floor don't work in certain cars due to the angle of the seat base and therefore the leg doesn't sit on the floor properly - but to say carte blanche that it applies to all Vauxhalls practically is cobblers. What exactly is she meaning when she says "...the angle was too far back meaning the babys head would not be supported." ?

As deanos said, I had the M&P non-IsoFix base and that was fine - although that didn't have the leg thing. That was actually a reason why I didn't get an IsoFix baby seat initially as most of them (IsoFix ones) had those legs which I think are a faff and also stop you putting anything in the footwell.

Now that we've moved onto the next level of seat - front facing - we went for a Britax one that is IsoFix (and can also be attached by if no IsoFix in the car) and that fits perfectly as well as having no leg thing, which others in that weight range still have.

I assume you're hankering after the Quinny buggy to be able to use the Maxi Cosi seat in it? That seat is available as a non-IsoFix one, albeit with it not having quite as good a crash rating as the IsoFix one.

I'm curious as to exactly what she meant by the angle not being right for supporting the baby's head? Maybe worth a trip too another shop? Is there a Toys R Us with a Babies R Us department near you?
    Because the seat is rear facing the back of the seat has to be at an angle but when she fitted it the rear was almost bolt uprite so the babys head would always be falling forwards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information