Thread: Whats the cost of a new inlet manifold and injector wiring

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Whats the cost of a new inlet manifold and injector wiring

Hello everyone I'm new to this so hello out there!! I'm an old Mondy driver and decided that I would buy a Vec c about 2 months ago. I do alot of mileage. Since I've had the veccy I've done nearly 4k. Last thursday my car decided that it would clonk out on the m50 going home. I noticed the dreaded car and spanner came on and the veccy had no power left in it at all. The worst is yet to come. I spent 20 minutes on the phone to my wife asking her to find my breakdown cover number, which she could not find. So I decided to try the car again. It started! Again with the spanner light on. Managed to get it to Tewksbury and then whilst going up a small hill the car had enough. I did eventually get it back home to Chelt but the journey took me 2 half hours. (this is not normal if people know the hereford to cheltenham run). When I got home i managed to find my break down cover which my missus tidied up one day back in spring! Got the car towed to Vx stealer in chelt for a diag. £75! . Got told that I should get a call by 4pm to find out what could be wrong. Waited till then and nothing, so I called. Still being looked at sir. 10 to 5 I get a call. I get told by the stealer that the main inlet manifold has fluffed it and also the injector wiring needs to be done. I ask them the cost and I think at that point I blanked out for a few seconds. £1023 + 75 for the diag . Great!!! Has anyone else out there had this problem and been given this price. Its also gonna take a week to sort out where other garages that are slightly cheaper have said many weeks before the parts come in and so forth and no courtesy car where as vx will give me a courtesy car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had the same fault. It sounds like the car went into limp mode. I looked on ebay for a new manifold and it cost me £100. I then looked on here and there is plenty of advice on changing the manifold including without changing the cam belt. It took me a day as i am not the greatest mechanic in the world. I reckon a garage could do this within 4 hours it might be worth getting the cambelt done at the same time if you get a garage to do it.

I dont know about the wiring if it is even needed.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

First things first... WOnder why they are changing both items at once... Normally the 3rd injector wiring fault will give you a judder and at worst will run on 3 cylinders only and you will have almost no power. My advice is to get this done first. Wiring costs for the kit is approx £25 and about an hours labour to do. Maybe they have seen the bar fallen off the inlet manifold and booked that out to be done too hoping you'll approve it.

Wiring kits should be approx a day or so to get in... Any competent auto-electrician will be able to fit the new wiring and plugs... Get back in contact with Vx and ask what DTC's were reported on tech (Detected/Diagnostic Trouble Codes)

Inlet manifold symptons are poor power at low RPM, either excess smoke at High RPM/ or excess smoke at low RPM depending on how the valves were set (either open or closed) at the time it packed up.
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had complete loss of power. They did mention to me that they took the manifold off and had a look before they came to that conclusion. I had a slight feeling that there could be a mention of the cambelt as many people have told me that there is a risk when removing the manifold.
    But my only thoughts on that are I was once in computer repairs and the definition of looking and removing meant alot and what the customer pays afterwards. At the end of the day my position was that the veccy is my transport to and from work and now i wish i got it sorted out by a local mechanic. Thats the downside of living and working in differents parts of the country. You learn from your mistakes. Though i cant wait to get back into my comfortable veccy. Sadly Ive got a Corsa Courtesy car. Thanks for the advice guys and i think my next service of the vehicle will be done by a local mechanic or even one of you guys. Board and stay will be payed for and my wife is a mean cook.
    Last edited by mondyvec; 11th June 2009 at 21:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

By the way, to remove the inlet manifold is a fairly large job in itself, and cant see them doing that personally just to 'see' if its faulty.
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Update

Well the cars back and hardly grumpy now.

I had my own thoughts that they normally dont take the inlet manifold off to have a look. I know its a sales trick but hey i got a reduction due to them making a mess with the curtesy car arangments.
    So now the cars back home and ive driven it a few miles and at the moment it seems fine but like i said to a few friends today i dont trust it at the moment and until ive done a few thousand miles then i wont trust it for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad you got it sorted, I have just had the manifold replaced @ £340 including a recon egr by a friend of a friend who works for vx, took him half a day. He had previously replced the injector plugs and did a software d/l for £80.00. My car still has a low rev missfire though (hardly noticeable but still a pita to me!)

Thread Information