Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question 2.2 dti help

HI all had my car in on friday to diagnose a noise coming from the belt pulley area ? mechanic said to me straight away its the crankshaft pulley great i said sort it out 3 hours later i phoned him to c if i could pick it up he said yes was not the crankshaft pulley it was just a belt and the tensioner. Pulley is fine paid him 152 quid job done great off i went with no noise from that area. Saturday went out started car BANG IT WAS THE CRANSHAFT PULLEY phoned him told him my belt was lying on the floor .He said if its down to us he would sort it out straight away no charge now he is saying the pulley was fine on friday but he will fit new crankshaft pulley for free but ive got to buy the part ?. Do you guys think this is right should he not of knew it was fooked when he checked it .Has the belt been to tight and pulled it off i just dont know, what do you guys think peter

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry to keep going on but some one should be able to help me ?................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...Had crankshaft pulley fitted today he dropped car off said its all done and fine. As he went i started car and the noise was terrible its like a rumble noise starts goes away and comes back .I took it back to him straight away he said i know ...................thought it sounded funny so its booked back in on thursday for the belt striped back off . IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME WITH SUDGESTIONS WILL BE A BIG HELP thanks again peter

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Maybe when he took belt it released pressure which is constant on the pulley. These crankshaft pulley can delaminate/come apart, its very common on these engines, maybe this was its final straw? Rumble noise could be new crankshaft pulley or idler? If he knew it sounded funny which it didnt before, why the hell did he give it back to you like that?

Edit.. Just seen new tensioner is fitted too. Not dealt with these tensioners before so not sure if they can be set with too strong a force on them?
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

exactly plasma that's what i said ? do u know what the belt actually runs .I ask because Ive just been out side listing to the noise again and put my air con on and that sound terrible as well but did not before it squeaks like hell when turned on my car is doing my head right in now thanks again for reply

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

exactly the same happened to me. My fan belt tensioner failed got a new one fitted got 1/2mile up the road crank shaft pulley flew off

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Quote Originally Posted by toon sri View Post
    exactly plasma that's what i said ? do u know what the belt actually runs .I ask because Ive just been out side listing to the noise again and put my air con on and that sound terrible as well but did not before it squeaks like hell when turned on my car is doing my head right in now thanks again for reply

At a guess, Aircon compressor, alternator, not sure if it does waterpump on these?
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Thread Information