Thread: 72 miles on new Insignia. ? + chips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BigLad View Post
    A little story, I was on a Grimaldi Line car carrier that does a pick-up/Drop all around Europe and the Med. This ship held 5000 cars, at each of our destinations when the 'drivers' un-loaded the cars they absolutely 'ragged' them up the dockside. I watched a driver doing a 'donut' on the dockside in a merc 500SL which was brand new.

If a dealer ever said to me "take it easy for 600 miles" the above would be the first thing I would think of. Any damage to a brand new cold engine has already been done by these drivers.

BTW 4 weeks on a car carrier was fun, especially as the Gov was paying.

I quite believe it, I'm sure all of us have seen new cars at some time being delivered and overtaking us at high speed on motorways.

Just been reading up... what legal rights one has and the procedures if one decides to reject a new car. I obviously should not have paid over the money, especially as I had seen the chips on the bodywork and the 72miles on the clock before I actually paid them. I'm simply getting stupid in old age.

I think I will type up a letter which I shall hand to them on wednesday morning when they have the car back for a day to fix the chips etc. and state in it, that in the event that I'm not happy with the end result that I formally reject the car and request a full refund, more as a matter of principle really, you expect a new car to be exactly that "NEW" not have 72 miles on it and a few small stone chips.

I dont think I'm being unreasonable to expect my new car to come without any chips on it.
    As somone already stated, I could have saved some money and bought a ex demo car, which I'm beginning to wonder is what they may have fobbed me off with.

AAMOI... Do demo cars have to be taxed by the dealer in order to be used on the road as a demo car, which would make the buyer the second owner. The car I received today was actually taxed for the first time on the morning I picked it up. (yesterday 29th) Just wondered ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SE

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron43 View Post
    I quite believe it, I'm sure all of us have seen new cars at some time being delivered and overtaking us at high speed on motorways.

Just been reading up... what legal rights one has and the procedures if one decides to reject a new car. I obviously should not have paid over the money, especially as I had seen the chips on the bodywork and the 72miles on the clock before I actually paid them. I'm simply getting stupid in old age.

I think I will type up a letter which I shall hand to them on wednesday morning when they have the car back for a day to fix the chips etc. and state in it, that in the event that I'm not happy with the end result that I formally reject the car and request a full refund, more as a matter of principle really, you expect a new car to be exactly that "NEW" not have 72 miles on it and a few small stone chips.

I dont think I'm being unreasonable to expect my new car to come without any chips on it.
    As somone already stated, I could have saved some money and bought a ex demo car, which I'm beginning to wonder is what they may have fobbed me off with.

AAMOI... Do demo cars have to be taxed by the dealer in order to be used on the road as a demo car, which would make the buyer the second owner. The car I received today was actually taxed for the first time on the morning I picked it up. (yesterday 29th) Just wondered ??
    no dealers use trade plates when taking cars out onto the road for test drives so no tax disc required.

dealers normally give you an option on delivery of your new car ie delivery to your home on the back of a truck/trailer or driven to your home or you pick up at dealers.
    the 72 miles could be from the docks to your dealers as there was not enough room on the car transporter.
    personally i would refuse the car after finding just one chip plus the dealer should not have told u the car was ready for pickup untill the chips was fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

The only mileage acceptable on a new car is that from the point of delivery by transporter to the point of delivery to or pick-up by the customer. My previous Vectra, pre-registered with delivery mileage and a discount of £4 off the list price, had 7 miles on the clock, which was delivery from one dealer to another where I picked it up.

You should tell them to sort it with a goodwill payment for your distress. Let the car magazines and popular papers and VX Customer Support know if you are not satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No way would I of accepted It,They are taking the P***

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i went to see my insignia over week ago and there is mark on door, im picking it up later today i'v told them if there is mark still on i'll be leaving it there, i still ow them money so they should do it.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm sorry to read of this totally unacceptable action of the dealer. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    As much as you want to have the car now you have paid I think the best action is to now refuse it in the condition it’s in, after all a new car is ‘A New Car’ under the sale of goods act I am sure you have a cooling off period.
    I do hope in the end you come to an acceptable agreement & you are able to enjoy the car you paid cash for hth ...............

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if there are chipe after only so few mile what is the car going to look like after a few hundread miles more

id be asking for something more than just the offer of them to touch it up , the bottom line on the new car is that its been damaged and your price you are paying should show that your car was not to the standards that vauxhall make there cars "" or is it there standard to make there car that chip so easily""

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

I would be very annoyed to find what you did. I wonder if they have been "trying" your motor out first. I think they should at least give you some money back, or free services when they are due.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I was with AC, we had a 58 plate Skoda which they described as 'delivery miles', a bit of a tough one to sell seeing as it had 751 miles on it!

If you are going to reject the car, you need to stop using it now. You cannot use the car if you have rejected it. The dealer will do whatever they can to keep you in the car, I would push for a free service or something but make sure they fix the problems too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if i were you i'd return it and ask the to fix everything or to give you a new car as the one which you got isn't new, if they refused to do it i'd sue them because there is no other way..

it is obvious that one of their employees had a little fun in your new car and he was probably driving around because he doesn't get a chance every day
    to sit and drive a new insignia..

similar thing happened to my friend who bought an astra opc, the car remained at the dealer because "they needed to do something on the car" and when he came to pick the car up he saw his car wrecked in the yard with more than 60 miles on the clock, one of their idiot mechanics took it "for a test drive after filling the washer fluid tank"

he got a new car

although you didn't have nearly as bad situation as he did, if i were you i'd still try to get the max out of it because you are the victim after all..

GL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information