User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Diesel Particulate Filter 1.9CDTI temp/permanent fix

  1. #1
    Regular Member Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sedgefield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Diesel Particulate Filter 1.9CDTI temp/permanent fix

    Had problems with mine completely blocking. £1200 to replace. Took it off, cut it open, knocked insisdes out, welded up and replaced. Car ran fine (better than ever) but spanner light would not go out. Found pressure differential sensor mounted on bulk head below right of fuel filter assembly. Simply disconnect smaller rubber pipe (there are two pipes, one bigger diameter than the other) and crimp it to stop any gas escaping (I folded it back on itself and used a cable tie) reset the spanner light and this time it stays off. Car shows no faults. Local garage says will still pass emmisions as most vectras didn't have them anyway.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Ste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ..... Driving the Jaguar XF
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

    Trim : Black

    Engine : 3.0D V6

    Year : 0000

    Default

    It will likely pass, as the diesel test is only a smoke test at high idle.

    Interesting that disconnecting the pipe effectively fools the delta P sensor into registering enough pressure to 'detect' a non existant filter inside the can. Does the one you disconnected go to the filter outlet side?

  3. #3
    Regular Member Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sedgefield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I think the thin one goes into the side near the front of the filter and the fat one to the rear but it's hard to tell which one is which now its back on the car, I can't get far enough underneath. I had tried combinations of both off and each one back on and found that this way works. I have done a few thousand miles now with no probs, the car has even gone through some DPF regenerations, loads of smoke as usual for a minute or so fortunately no flames!!!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Tadpole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I think the thin one goes into the side near the front of the filter and the fat one to the rear but it's hard to tell which one is which now its back on the car, I can't get far enough underneath. I had tried combinations of both off and each one back on and found that this way works. I have done a few thousand miles now with no probs, the car has even gone through some DPF regenerations, loads of smoke as usual for a minute or so fortunately no flames!!!
    best not look for the flames m8 ...................

  5. #5
    Full Member Big Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Is a very naughty boy
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Nice I do wonder what happens to the diesel it injects into the dpf chamber. Not sure if it could be told that the dpf never needs a regen via tech 2?
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Avenged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    this thread intrest's me!!!


    I shall be watching this one!

  7. #7
    Regular Member Kcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Mmmmm ! the regen on mine is every 650 -700 miles, i did think there
    was some back pressure sensors to activate the regen, but yours
    should have no back pressure ! it must chuck the extra fuel
    through for old times ! Why did you remove it ? it should be fine as long
    as it cleans out when it should.

  8. #8
    Regular Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    On another planet
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 2.0l CDTi Bi-Turbo Insginia Sports Tourer

    Trim : Vx Line Nav Sri

    Engine : 2.0

    Year : 2014

    Default

    Hmmm. Marking this thread to see the outcome. Sounds interesting

  9. #9
    Full Member Big Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Is a very naughty boy
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Had problems with mine completely blocking. £1200 to replace. Took it off, cut it open, knocked insisdes out, welded up and replaced. Car ran fine (better than ever) but spanner light would not go out. Found pressure differential sensor mounted on bulk head below right of fuel filter assembly. Simply disconnect smaller rubber pipe (there are two pipes, one bigger diameter than the other) and crimp it to stop any gas escaping (I folded it back on itself and used a cable tie) reset the spanner light and this time it stays off. Car shows no faults. Local garage says will still pass emmisions as most vectras didn't have them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcs View Post
    Mmmmm ! the regen on mine is every 650 -700 miles, i did think there
    was some back pressure sensors to activate the regen, but yours
    should have no back pressure ! it must chuck the extra fuel
    through for old times ! Why did you remove it ? it should be fine as long
    as it cleans out when it should.
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

  10. #10
    Regular Member Kcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yep ! can see the wood now you have moved the trees ! !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Diesel Particulate Filter
    By bafoo in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 13th January 2011, 18:06
  2. Diesel Particulate Filter Re-gen
    By RobertHayman in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16th November 2010, 23:47
  3. Diesel Particulate Filter or not??
    By Drew in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th January 2009, 09:32
  4. Diesel Particulate Filter
    By Eddie Dee in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20th March 2007, 20:10
  5. Diesel Particulate Filter
    By VectraV6CDTi in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th October 2006, 09:16

Visitors found this page by searching for:

1.9 cdti dpf filter

vectra c dpf filter cleaning

DPF for Vectra C 1.9

vectra c 1.9 cdti particulate filter

vectra c 1.9cdti dpf cleaning

vectra c dpf

cleaning a vauxhall signum dpf

1.9 cdti completely blocked dpf

vectra dpf

how to clean the particulate filter on a vauxhall signum

diesel particulate filter vectra c

dpf vauxhall vectra

vectra cdti dpf replacement

how to clean a gas particle filter on a maverick

replacing a vectra dpf

vectra c sri cdti how to clean dpf

vectra c 1.9 cdti diesel particulate filter

vauxhall signum 1.9cdti cuts out at certain temperature

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •