Thread: need help. Road rage incident.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default need help. Road rage incident.

As i was driving to work friday night i was going round the slip road from the m66 to the m62, when a black mercedes come right up behind me about a foot off my rear bumper.as we join the m62 he overtakes me and i show him my dissaproval of his tailgating by lifting up my arm and do the why gesture (i know it's the wrong thing to do) this then seems to set him off and he trys to ram me fro the side, i then decide to slow down and let hi go but he uses this opportunity to try and box me onto the hard shoulder. luckily he fail and i procede to make way to junction 19 while he is trying to swerve into my car. i come off and go around the roundabout twice to check if he is following me after discovering he is and not wanting to risk being caught at a red light i head back onto the motorway towards leeds and try to accelerate away from him but after discovering his car is just as quick as mine i slow back down to motorway speeds over the next 10-20 miles i try slowing down accelerating into a space so he can't box me in until just before junction 23 he gets about 200m infront of me so i go behind a lorry and stop and wait 10mins on hard shouldder to ensure he is not waiting for me. This was one of the most scary moments of my life i feel he wanted me on the hard shoulder to have a fight with me which he could of had a knife or anything.It was a miracle that nobody was hurt he was even trying to force me into other traffic.

I then turn around at juction 23 and head home where i phone the police. and they are going to contact me at some point to make a official complaint.

Due to me feeling in danger for my life i may have exceeded the speed limit or driven not in accordance with the highway code. but when making statement to the police do i have to watch what i say or in them circumstances is the use of speed acceptable.

Thanks in advance for the replys

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by big_dave View Post
    As i was driving to work friday night i was going round the slip road from the m66 to the m62, when a black mercedes come right up behind me about a foot off my rear bumper.as we join the m62 he overtakes me and i show him my dissaproval of his tailgating by lifting up my arm and do the why gesture (i know it's the wrong thing to do) this then seems to set him off and he trys to ram me fro the side, i then decide to slow down and let hi go but he uses this opportunity to try and box me onto the hard shoulder. luckily he fail and i procede to make way to junction 19 while he is trying to swerve into my car. i come off and go around the roundabout twice to check if he is following me after discovering he is and not wanting to risk being caught at a red light i head back onto the motorway towards leeds and try to accelerate away from him but after discovering his car is just as quick as mine i slow back down to motorway speeds over the next 10-20 miles i try slowing down accelerating into a space so he can't box me in until just before junction 23 he gets about 200m infront of me so i go behind a lorry and stop and wait 10mins on hard shouldder to ensure he is not waiting for me. This was one of the most scary moments of my life i feel he wanted me on the hard shoulder to have a fight with me which he could of had a knife or anything.It was a miracle that nobody was hurt he was even trying to force me into other traffic.

I then turn around at juction 23 and head home where i phone the police. and they are going to contact me at some point to make a official complaint.

Due to me feeling in danger for my life i may have exceeded the speed limit or driven not in accordance with the highway code. but when making statement to the police do i have to watch what i say or in them circumstances is the use of speed acceptable.

Thanks in advance for the replys

Hi Mate.. well done for not stopping! Must of been scary as hell.

Just be straight with the police... tell them what u told us here...

I think its section 4 (the coppers will tell u if its not) something along the lines of making someone fear for their safety. That ur friend could be done under but unless theres proof its just a chat unfort.

If you really feared for your safety then the excessive speed was warranted tbh...

Hopefully a copper will be along to give u some professional advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i would off stoped and had it out with him

i had a simular sort of thing a couple of yrs ago, when a car sat on my rear bumper and he gave he the middle finger plus the bankers sign, so i followed him into the town where we was heading towards, so i boxed him into a dead end, to which he locked himself into his car, at this point i think he had a brown trouser moment and went very pastey lol, made me feel alot better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by glynn View Post
    i would off stoped and had it out with him

i had a simular sort of thing a couple of yrs ago, when a car sat on my rear bumper and he gave he the middle finger plus the bankers sign, so i followed him into the town where we was heading towards, so i boxed him into a dead end, to which he locked himself into his car, at this point i think he had a brown trouser moment and went very pastey lol, made me feel alot better
    So you just did the same as the guy did to the op. well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would be honest and tell them that, else if there were any cameras you could both be fined if you dont declare everything imo.
    I would go along the route of fearing for your life and that you only sped to try and get away from him ramming you off the road.
    Even if you did give him the finger or similar I think trying to kill someone is still against the law. Also try and write down a description of everything including any damage to his car to identify it and what he looked like. I hope you made a note of the license.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

i would of stopped mate and smashed him sraight in the teeth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i did get his plate. There are cctv cameras all along the m62 but i don't know whether they record. I would be really surprised if nobody else reported it as it did go on for miles and there were several near collisions with other road users.

with regards to the commments that i should of stopped. If he was willing to try and create a multiple car collision then who knows what he could of been capable of on the hard shoulder, i could of been stabbed. Hit by a blunt instrument or thrown into traffic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

he might of been a coward, and likes to use his car to do the talking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i did get his plate. There are cctv cameras all along the m62 but i don't know whether they record. I would be really surprised if nobody else reported it as it did go on for miles and there were several near collisions with other road users.

with regards to the commments that i should of stopped. If he was willing to try and create a multiple car collision then who knows what he could of been capable of on the hard shoulder, i could of been stabbed. Hit by a blunt instrument or thrown into traffic.
    I wouldnt have stopped hell for money. I may have hit his car and gathered other number plates as witnesses then carried on driving to the nearest police station which I believe you can do if you fear for your safety. But not a chance would I stop.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

exactly u did right by not stopping.

I had an incident 2 years ago.. he pulled ahead of me and i let him go... I had my mother gf and then baby daughter in the car.. He came screeching a hault on a dual carriageway and blocked oned lane.. i slowed right down and stopped about 200 meters behind him.. he got out and brandished a knife he then came running at my car... I put my foot down and went to honestly run him over .. i swerved at the last min and he jumped out the way.. I had a nice mark down the passengers side where His boot kicked my car..

Now what would of happened if i had stopped and had it out with him....

All the comments about stopping and knocking his teeth out etc etc are just plain stupid... Im sorry to all the people who have said it but it is!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information