Just want to show you guys these pictures i took earlier this week of 2 cars ive detailed:
Used the same process on both since the paint on them were in good condition with only a small amount of swirls to contend with. Owners just wanted a good machine polish (hence not 100% correction acheived) and a good clean and valet inside. Process as follows:
- Wheels cleaned with Megs wheel cleaner and various brushes
- Rinse with high pressure washer
- Foam with megs NXT wash, then rinse
- Wash with NXT wash and a wash mitt
- Clay with Megs Smooth Surface clay kit, and wash again as above
- Dried with drying towel
- Megs #83 cleaner polish via the G220 on a 7" polishing pad, then,
- Megs #80 Speed Glaze on a 7" buffing pad
- A coat of Pinnacle Souveran wax applied
- Wiped over with Megs QD and a Megs microfibre to remove and dust ect
- Chrome and exhaust with Megs Metal Polysh
- Plastics dressed with Megs trim detailer
- Tyres with Megs endurance tyre dressing
- Glass in and out done with Megs NXT glass cleaner and AG Fast Glass
- Interior/carpets/seats (navara only with cloth seats) and mats done with various APCs/carpet cleaner and brushes George Wet and Dry.
- Plastics wiped down with APC
- Leather cleaned and conditioned using a product im not going to advertise as it was leant to me by someone who does upholstry cleaning for a living.
So the Navara first, only before pictures on this one just so you can see what I was up against. It was dark and raining when i finished so pics would have been poor:
Pretty bad isnt it, well when it was finished it was spotless and we even put the seat covers through the washing machine!
Onto the Volvo, got the drivers side front wheel done before i remembered to take pics lol. No during pics either as I was up against it as i knew the weather was going to turn bad, and just as id finished the outside, it did...
No during pics either as I was up against it as i knew the weather was going to turn bad, and just as id finished the outside, it did...
Gave me a chance to see how well the wax made water bead, pretty good i thought..
aThe next day the sun was shining, so dried the car off aided by Megs QD, which left me with this...
And heres the shots of the nice fresh interior with those oh so comfy seats. I realy enjoyed moving this car around in the yard because the seat is so nice and comfy with soft plush leather and silky smooth steering. These Volvoes realy are a quality motor!
Finally, to finish, a coat of wax was applied to the wheels, and tghe tyres given another coat or gel.
Hope you enjoyed it and im sorry again for forgetting the after pics of the Navara.